Lebermith and Nurture Soap FO

Moonstar

On August 10, 2018 at 11:06 PM, Jenni Wix said:

Darbla, I ran across this and happen to have my Flame tree sample coming in the mail soon.   I'll let you know what I think.  I imagine it will be a strong one.  What sold me was the one reviewer who compared it to "Frank Herbert's Melange Spice."  Sold!  😄 Whatdoyaknow, I just got done rereading Dune.  

One of my favorite Sci-fi books ever! Now you have me curious!

I love Nurture's FOs, but I've never used them in wax, just B&B.

• Like 1

That review was fantastic lol. My favorite parts of that book were in the descriptions of the ecosystem.   I figured a lot of their oils would work best for B&B, so most of what I try will probably be for my own little projects, but Flame Tree in particular sounds too good not to at least try in wax. I'd be happy to update when I'm ready to use it.  As far as first impressions, I should be getting it today.  😃

• Like 1

@Sarah S @Darbla OOB/ on a strip, for Flame tree the top note is lemongrass, then this amalgamation of a woodsy, almost smokey ginger, and what others have said is almost sweet, between coumarin and anise.  To me, haha.  I like it.  It's really refreshing, and interesting, and the depth is there without being bitter and triggering a headache between my eyes.  (Which I am prone to with wood FO's).  Everything else was really nice.  

I'll try this out in wax as soon as I'm able to.  I'm not sure how it will do.  It strikes me, like all of these lush dupes have, as really natural.  More EOish, because many have EOs blended in.  Having said that I have sinus issues, and my sinuses feel nice and clear all of a sudden. Hmmm.  strong... in a good way. 😄

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Yes, I did. I used my 20ml sample on a 16 oz candle, but blended with a bit of citrus and cinnamon FO ( I was afraid the high EO content might not stick).   It immediately turned the wax a light yellow.  It had a strong throw, hot and cold, However, I think the combination of the wood wick, and 444 I used made the burn/ROC slower, and that affected the melt pool and throw.  It turned the melt pool brown.  After 5 or so burns, it got a strong fuel/burnt smell, and I saved it (SO loves the fragrance) by tossing the melted wax that was affected by previous burns.  I think it was the combination of wax, wick and oil that didn't work.  It might be a usable fragrance in a different/better set up.  It could make an excellent melt/tart or soap fragrance.

It still smells great in the candle on my SO's desk, I can smell the CT when ever I sit there.  It's just high maintenance to burn.😄

For now, I'm looking into another similar fragrance.  Less expensive wouldn't hurt either.  

Edited by Jenni Wix

I wanted to try Freedom, because it is one part flame tree and another part ???  One of Lush's duo perfumes. But it got discontinued (for acceleration in CP I think). Looking at other options.  I still like their selection, but having to switch wouldn't be fun.  Did I mention I want to bathe in Coconut & Vetiver?  Yum.  Best coconut IMO. Yet to put it in anything.  It would be great in soap and hair products. 

• 2 years later...