Jump to content

Lebermith and Nurture Soap FO


Moonstar
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello all :) Have any of you used FO or EO  from either of these for candles or wax melts ? I tried searching old posts but only saw lebermuth + patchouli reviews 

and Nurture soap had posts about micas so I'm thinking the FO from Nurture is mainly for soap ? If so, any recommendations . Thank you in advance :)

Edited by Moonstar
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lebermuth has been around for a long time and you can use their oils for candles, bath, and body. Just make sure you check each oil to see what the usage is for your application. I know I have used some for both candles and soap but can't recall which. Patchouli for sure.

 

Haven't used used Nurture FOs. Just their micas. But FOs in general are good to use in candles, soap, and B&B. Same thing applies, check to see what the usage rates are for your application.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

thanks Candybee :) Lebermuth has some great prices on EO's. I also saw a FO called pink salt + waterlily that sounded interesting . They said i can 

order some samples first if i want + honestly, I don't mind paying the $20 fee if i don't meet their $300 min especially if its good quality. It looks like they 

run a top notch facility + that costs money to run and I'm fine with that :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nurture just recently started selling scents, and are more widely known for their colorants and soap molds, however, I have about 4-5 of their scents and I really like them in my soaps. You are right, their scents are mostly marketed for soaps, but certainly can be used for candles/melts. 

 

As Candy has said, Lebermuth has been around for years, and their scents are also great in all applications IMO. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2016 at 4:15 PM, Candybee said:

Bulk Apothecary (I think) and The Chemistry Store both sell Lebermuth FOs. I buy a lot from The Chemistry Store and am pleased with their products, service, and prices. Plus they sell all Lebermuth FOs. I have also bought EOs from them too.

I received my first Bulk Apothecary order and the FOs were amazing! The prices gave me a little shock, but the quality is really good. If it works that I use less per application, it'll work out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Candybee...I had no idea that the chemistry store oils were lebermuth oils. The soap Hawaiian Tropic I made a week ago was their oil.  I have had 4oz bottles just sitting in my cabinet for several years that  I've never used up until last week.  

What oils of theirs do you recommend?  I love them for the fact that the bottles I have are all amber glass.  I don't like the plastic anymore and the constant need to burp the oils when the bottle sucks in

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On May 19, 2016 at 0:34 AM, Faerywren said:

I received my first Bulk Apothecary order and the FOs were amazing! The prices gave me a little shock, but the quality is really good. If it works that I use less per application, it'll work out.

Thats what was stopping me from trying the Bulk Apothecary oils, was the price :( May I ask which ones you ordered + if you've tested them yet ? 

I wanted to try the lemon cream - coconut milk + lavender - rose sandalwood - black fig + honey - lavender vanilla . The bay rum sounds good too . 

So, with their oils how much do they recommend to use ? Id like to try them in GB 464 soy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2016 at 10:50 AM, Moonstar said:

Thats what was stopping me from trying the Bulk Apothecary oils, was the price :( May I ask which ones you ordered + if you've tested them yet ? 

I wanted to try the lemon cream - coconut milk + lavender - rose sandalwood - black fig + honey - lavender vanilla . The bay rum sounds good too . 

So, with their oils how much do they recommend to use ? Id like to try them in GB 464 soy. 

I didn't get any of the ones you mentioned. They said that 1/2 ounce would fragrance an entire gallon of lotion, so I gave 'em a shot. I've only tested the Capri Seaside Citrus so far in my parasoy. They don't give amounts to use, you have to test to your application.

I was immensely happy with the ones I chose OOB. I got Capri Seaside Citrus, Amberwood Moss, Forever Red dupe, Old Time Barbershop, Mountain Rain, and South of France. They all smell amazing OOB.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Are Bulk Apothecary fragrance oils really as concentrated (for wax) as they claim? I've tried just about everyone else and no one has oils that are across the board more concentrated than other suppliers...even though some claim they are more concentrated. Except for Candle Cocoon. With their oils, I did have to cut back the percentage on at least 3/4 of their oils (but that still leaves about 1/4 that just weren't that strong, even at higher percentages). With everyone else, my percentage varies widely for each individual FO, no matter who I supplies it.

Edited by maryta
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

I've not seen a lot of discussion about Nurture so I was wondering if you guys had anymore input about them now?  One nice thing about them is they offer a 2 oz size; to me buying anything less than 2 oz is not enough if you want to try it in different applications, so I appreciate their 2 oz sizes.  (EBC in contrast jumps from 1 oz to 4 oz.)  Nurture has some seriously intriguing sounding FOs such as this one:     

 

https://nurturesoap.com/collections/fragrance-oils/products/flame-tree-fragrance-oil

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love Nurture's FOs. They are complex and nuanced, I think more so than many other vendors. They are wonderful in soap!

However, for me, they have been very hit or miss in wax, more miss than hit. But I haven't done extensive testing, so I'd say give it a go and see how it works for your applications. 

As I mentioned in a previous thread, it makes me sad that so many of their oils are not safe for leave-on applications, so I don't order from them very often.

@Darbla, that's one I haven't tried, sorry!

I highly recommend their Cavelier, it is straight up sexy man in a bottle!

I also love their High Priest, it is the best patchouli blend I have ever smelled. Although Voodo Love from CW is a close #2.

Also, their Winter Wonderland (I think that's what it's called!) is a dupe of Mad Oils Snow Witch, and that was an exceptional winter fragrance.

They have a lot of fantastic fragrances!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lack of feedback from Nurture oils in terms of wax has prevented me from trying them just yet.  Not all FO's work great in wax.  NONE of the oils from Essentials by Catalina work well in my wax -- they either won't bind or won't throw.  So, just because most oils from suppliers work well with all applications doesn't mean it's that way from every supplier.  I'm sure I'll pull the trigger one day, but I have several hundred samples to keep me busy from other places ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is 2 yrs old and at the time it was started I had not yet tried any of Nurture's FOs. Since then I have used several but only in soap and lotion applications. I am purposely keeping my choices from them on the lean side as they tend to be a bit pricey.

 

Ones I used and like are Black Raspberry Vanilla, Juicy Apricot, Patchouli Orange, Ouhd Wood, and Shampure.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just recently purchased a few of Nurture's but I too use them in B&B not candles as I find they a bit pricey as well.   I used their 8th & Ocean last weekend in soap and it moved to just about soap on a stick in a tried and true recipe.   I have a couple others to try in the next few weeks.  Can't remember which.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The patchouli orange is lovely in cp soap and sticks. Its a bit light so be sure to use 1 oz PPO. The shampure is awesome in soap and B&B. But it changes color so use some VS with it. The juicy apricot fades in CP but is awesome in lotions. I love the fresh fruity apricot scent. Have the BRV set aside to soap so don't know yet how it does in CP.

 

Nurture also has a geranium rose I want to try out. Since I can no longer afford geranium rose EO I want to try their FO out to see if its a good sub.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2016 at 4:15 PM, Candybee said:

Bulk Apothecary (I think) and The Chemistry Store both sell Lebermuth FOs. I buy a lot from The Chemistry Store and am pleased with their products, service, and prices. Plus they sell all Lebermuth FOs. I have also bought EOs from them too.

 

This is good to know, because doesn't Lebermuth have pounds as their smallest size (other than teeny 1/2 oz samples)?  I think a lot of us hobbyists end up sticking with smaller sizes because we just don't use up pounds quickly enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Darbla said:

 

This is good to know, because doesn't Lebermuth have pounds as their smallest size (other than teeny 1/2 oz samples)?  I think a lot of us hobbyists end up sticking with smaller sizes because we just don't use up pounds quickly enough.

Thinking you get less than a pound and probably more like a 2 oz sample. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been reading this board for almost a year trying to gain what knowledge I can. Then along comes this thread and I learn about Lebermuth, Bulk Apothecary, and the Chemistry Store. After learning all I can I decide my best bet is to try some Lebermuth FOs from the Chemistry Store, but they weren’t cheap and the shipping was high. I got my order yesterday and they all smell wonderful, I can’t wait to get them into some wax. The best part is it turns out they are a few miles from my daughter’s house, I guess I’ll be paying her a visit soon, and the drive takes me very close to The Flaming Candle. Things are looking up :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Forrest said:

I have been reading this board for almost a year trying to gain what knowledge I can. Then along comes this thread and I learn about Lebermuth, Bulk Apothecary, and the Chemistry Store. After learning all I can I decide my best bet is to try some Lebermuth FOs from the Chemistry Store, but they weren’t cheap and the shipping was high. I got my order yesterday and they all smell wonderful, I can’t wait to get them into some wax. The best part is it turns out they are a few miles from my daughter’s house, I guess I’ll be paying her a visit soon, and the drive takes me very close to The Flaming Candle. Things are looking up :)

 

I am always so envious of people who live near fragrance places. We have nothing here in the North East worth a visit.

 

Karen in MA

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/21/2018 at 7:53 AM, Forrest said:

I have been reading this board for almost a year trying to gain what knowledge I can. Then along comes this thread and I learn about Lebermuth, Bulk Apothecary, and the Chemistry Store. After learning all I can I decide my best bet is to try some Lebermuth FOs from the Chemistry Store, but they weren’t cheap and the shipping was high. I got my order yesterday and they all smell wonderful, I can’t wait to get them into some wax. The best part is it turns out they are a few miles from my daughter’s house, I guess I’ll be paying her a visit soon, and the drive takes me very close to The Flaming Candle. Things are looking up :)

 

Guess that's a reason to visit your daughter ... but do spend time with her and not most of it with your nose in a bottle lol!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
On 2/9/2018 at 12:25 PM, Darbla said:

I've not seen a lot of discussion about Nurture so I was wondering if you guys had anymore input about them now?  One nice thing about them is they offer a 2 oz size; to me buying anything less than 2 oz is not enough if you want to try it in different applications, so I appreciate their 2 oz sizes.  (EBC in contrast jumps from 1 oz to 4 oz.)  Nurture has some seriously intriguing sounding FOs such as this one:     

 

https://nurturesoap.com/collections/fragrance-oils/products/flame-tree-fragrance-oil

 

 

Darbla, I ran across this and happen to have my Flame tree sample coming in the mail soon.   I'll let you know what I think.  I imagine it will be a strong one.  What sold me was the one reviewer who compared it to "Frank Herbert's Melange Spice."  Sold!  😄 Whatdoyaknow, I just got done rereading Dune.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...