Essential Oil Resource Guides

Since there seems to be more interest/questions about EO's I thought I'd list a few of the books I got when I first started using Essential oils. 

Some are better than others.  I spoke to every Aromatherapist I knew of to find out what they used and only purchased those books.

The Essential Oils Handbook by Jennie Harding, (small, compact, good info) -Walmart or Amazon $12.95 or less

Reference Guide for Essential Oils by Connie & Alan Higley - (My Bible for Essential oils)-  Amazon $22.00 or less

Aromatherapy for Vibrant Health by Roberta Wilson - Amazon $13.95

Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils by Julia Lawless - (First book I ever bought in 1995 and still use it today) - Barnes & Noble

I purchased a used copy for $9.50.

I have a few others but these are by far my 4 favorite books that didn't cost a fortune.

Edited by kandlekrazy
  • Like 1

Guest OldGlory

The book by Lawless was the first real guide I bought. I learned more from that book than anywhere else.

Valerie Genari Cooksley, A Lifetime Guide...

is another I wouldn't be without, but I think it's out of print. Maybe Amazon has a few copies. The book by Cooksley, who is an RN, did case studies and it is easy to understand the practical applications. In the back there are some useful tables on how and when to use (or not use) EOs.

Thanks for sharing :) i just love eo 's just wished they worked in candles for me. I should probably pick up one of the books you mentioned since i use 

eo so often. do you guys use them in therapeutic  ways like a diffuser or massage oils . I love them in room sprays - i like lavender + clary sage 

6 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Thanks for sharing :) i just love eo 's just wished they worked in candles for me. I should probably pick up one of the books you mentioned since i use 

eo so often. do you guys use them in therapeutic  ways like a diffuser or massage oils . I love them in room sprays - i like lavender + clary sage 

I use them both ways.  More on my body than in the diffuser.  I use an EO called Pain Aid almost daily, it's a lifesaver.