Single Cavity Clamshell

kandlekrazy

Has anyone seen a small single cavity clamshell?  I can find the ones that are over 3" tall, but nothing small.  I'd like to make smaller ones and bundle them

so people that haven't tried my melts can get 5 or 10 scents without spending too much.  Something that holds 1 oz would be perfect and I really don't like those

souffle cups.

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

I think if you search thru the sizes/shapes of clamshells at a manufacturers website you might find something that suits you.

I don't know which wax you use, but I have just started selling melts retail, and I use a pillar blend and pour into a mold that will give me about a .4-.5 oz melt. I package it in a 3x4 polypro or cello bag and put a small label on it, and sell multiple unit for a few $. My profit is more than 4x because I'm not spending 25 or 30 cents for the packaging. I sell quite a few like this so people can try a bunch of different fragrances. I've looked around in my area and nobody is selling anything smaller than the typical 2.5-2.75 oz clamshells.

Old Glory, I use C3.  I used to make melts in chocolate molds and package them but they would always end up a mess after customers playing with them.  I think the clamshell will

prevent that mess.  The higher cost will probably offset the number of melts I had to discount or give away because they looked horrible.  I did check mfg websites but couldn't find anything small enough and also the min qty is way too high.  I think to start I'd like to purchase a couple hundred so I can test market and see if they even sell.

Envy I did see those on Maple Street and didn't like the idea of 2 pc, but after some thought if I'm going to bundle 5 scent in a bag the 2 pc will prob work just fine. I have

dozens and dozens of sheer voile bags I can put them in and hang in my display.

Thanks ladies!

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

yeah, there's no way to stop the damage - doesn't matter what kind of wax it is. I watched a 3 or 4 yr old girl chew on one of my melts last week. The parents just looked at each other and threw the melt back in with the others.

I think a lot of my customers don't get out much lmbo!

2 hours ago, OldGlory said:

yeah, there's no way to stop the damage - doesn't matter what kind of wax it is. I watched a 3 or 4 yr old girl chew on one of my melts last week. The parents just looked at each other and threw the melt back in with the others.

I think a lot of my customers don't get out much lmbo!

OMG never ceases to amaze me.  Today we had a dad come in looking for a scavenger item that apparantly another adult buried in our ANTIQUE MALL to have a bunch

of 11 yr olds search for it (without our permission).  Needless to say, items were broken and my DH was furious!

• Haha 1

Guest OldGlory
12 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

OMG never ceases to amaze me.  Today we had a dad come in looking for a scavenger item that apparantly another adult buried in our ANTIQUE MALL to have a bunch

of 11 yr olds search for it (without our permission).  Needless to say, items were broken and my DH was furious!

Geez! That is so thoughtless. Like stores are public property.

• 1 year later...
On 3/24/2016 at 9:59 AM, kandlekrazy said:

Has anyone seen a small single cavity clamshell?  I can find the ones that are over 3" tall, but nothing small.  I'd like to make smaller ones and bundle them

so people that haven't tried my melts can get 5 or 10 scents without spending too much.  Something that holds 1 oz would be perfect and I really don't like those

souffle cups.

candlepackagingusa - Awesome company and has many different clams, including the 12 cavity clams. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...