Wicking 4627 in Libby jars

Keep testing, you're doing great! 

Ok, what sizes did you use for each and how long were your burn sessions?

Remember, anything that looks slightly underwicked in the beginning will catch up as the jar gets hotter further down the jar as it burns...

I was just going to suggest the 60-44-18z for that libbey! 

The 51 should be good for the 8 oz. mason

Remember, try to always test burn the diameter of the candle:

2 inch diameter: 2 hours test burn

3 inch diameter: 3 hours

3 1/2 inch diameter: 3 1/2 hours

so on and so forth...

Then, when you think you have the right wick, then test another candle and do a power burn :)

Then, when you try a new fragrance test that one too!

Isn't this fun? LOL*shudder*

I usually burn for 4 hours staright. I think the 8oz masons are 3 inches. It took about 4 to 4 1/2 hours to achieve a full melt pool. I am guessing that's normal. The Libbey had an almost full pool around 4 1/2 also. How long is a power burn?

Sounds like you are own your way!

A power burn is basically what you do to mimic when an idiot gets a hold of your candle and burns it for like the whole day...

Or an idiot who left the house for the weekend and forgot to blow the candle out...

You want to burn the candle as long as you can without trimming the wick or anything; make sure you have the candle in a fire-proof environment and burn burn burn till it extinguishes itself...

Remember, we want our candles to be as safe as possible; not everyone follows the rules and/or instructions. This is why candlemaking is more than just throwing wax and a wick in a jar. We don't want to get sued, let alone harm anyone or burns someone's house down...

Oh, and make sure you have insurance before you sell any candle!

Guest OldGlory

Ya know, I feel a bit like a voyeur in this thread, lol.

It is my understanding that 4627 and a soy like 415 are what 6006 is made of. If you are leaning towards a blend, you could try it. And, I use zincs in 6006.

Hey Glory,

Haven't heard from you in while. Hope all is well?  I am receiving a free sample of Clarus 3022 any day now. I hear that Clarus is pretty much 6006 also. Glory I still have a ton of premiers and haven't really tested them in paraffin yet. I will try zincs in the Clarus when I receive it unless you would suggest anything different? 

Hmmm....could be that jar...

But then again my jellies give a wicked throw...hmmm

I would try putting it in a different room, shutting the door for an hour and then go back and check the HT...

Where are you burning it? Of course if it's in a bathroom the fragrance will be stronger...

Bathroom with door open that goes into another small walkway. My girlfriend can smell it better than myself so maybe I do have a little candle nose. She said it's not real strong but she can smell it. I can really smell the mason though.

Hmmmm....I'm stumped on that one....I bet it's probably the jar shape..

that's the only thing I can think of...that and candlenose!

The only other thing I would suggest is burning a different scented candle the next day or so to "cleanse" your nose. Or change locations.  Also, if you're testing HT it's best to wait at least a couple of days to cure the paraffin; some say it's not necessary but any cure is IMO better...if I'm testing for HT I usually wait for 3-4 days to make sure. If I'm wick testing I light it up within 2 days. 

Hmmmmmm.....

I'm still thinking the jar shape...