Chunk Tart Melt recipes for Spring - Let's make some!

puma52

5 hours ago, Lumina said:

They smell great together, one of my biggest sellers.

How are you doing?  I hope they have another convention this year I had a lot of fun last year.

I'm going to have to try that blend...I love both of those scents anyhow! Yes it was fun and so good to meet great like minded people! It would be great if they did do the convention this year. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On April 5, 2016 at 4:16 PM, puma52 said:

I'm going to have to try that blend...I love both of those scents anyhow! Yes it was fun and so good to meet great like minded people! It would be great if they did do the convention this year. :)

Puma I've been meaning to ask you the name of your business? I'd love to purchase from you!!

• Like 2

On 4/21/2016 at 11:54 PM, Littlebalky said:

Puma I've been meaning to ask you the name of your business? I'd love to purchase from you!!

You are so sweet Littlebalky! Right now I am making for my booth and local folks...but I am working on a web site. I'll let ya know when it opens. But thank you so much. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On March 27, 2016 at 1:34 AM, Nikki said:

A little more time on my hands so I messed around with size of chunk pieces before the overpour.  I also did some where the scents are separate and some where I took three frag. oils, blended, divided and added color to half...I used 50/50 4625 and 4627 for most except the pistachio (green) chunk pieces are 6006.

Still figuring out size that I like, working on cutting straight haha and just making nicer looking chunks.  Learning from all of you every day and am so thankful.  Enjoy!  

Strawberry Salted Caramel Corn Bake Shop, Pistachio Pudding Birthday Cake, Bubblegum Serendipity Candy Cane Cake, Orange Juice Birthday Cake.  

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Nikki did you decide if you liked blending your oils together or having your chunks separate from the overpour better?

On March 19, 2016 at 8:58 AM, puma52 said:

Hi Littlebalky,

Good for you for trying out the crisscrossing and having success!!! Yea...See you are educating us! :) I use two thermometers (because it seems to see that if just using one they get out of wack sometimes..so using two I get a really close idea) clipped on the side of my presto pour pot. I heat my wax until to about 175 (when the spout thaws out enough to pour into pots) , then I let the wax set in my pour pots to about 160-165 temp (I check w/infrared temp gun) then add fragrance, stir like the devil and pour into the pans. On those temps...it sometimes seems like they DON'T measure the temps right....that's when we just do as good as we can. :)   

You add your fragrance at 165...I add at 185. Do these temp differences change anything about the final product? I don't really know the facts on what temp you should add fragrance and what temp you should pour?

• Like 1