Chunk Tart Melt recipes for Spring - Let's make some!

puma52

11 hours ago, TallTayl said:
11 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Dr. Who lovers silly! They walk among us! You're writing to one now :D

Dr. Who lovers silly! They walk among us! You're writing to one now :D

ok LOL.....I live in a sheltered world...help me understand. :) Do I want to become a Whovian too? LOL!!

For the Wet Dirt....hmmm Dirt by WSP and touch of Oakmoss, Tomato Plant - BCN? It smells exactly like the smell you smell on your fingertips after you have touched a tomato leaf, ozone...hmmm ...Cucumber? Econocuke by SC? Humus? I learned something new today...Definition: Humus is the dark organic matter that forms in the soil when plant and animal matter decays. Humus contains many useful nutrients for healthy soil, nitrogen being the most important of all. Sounds like an awesome blend TallTayl....hmmm,,.. We need to make this! :) Sounds beautiful!

8 hours ago, Crafters_playhouse said:

Light Blue = Blue Hydrangea

Light Peach = Sweet Melon

Creamy White = Vanilla Bean Noel

White = Magnolia

Peach = Georgia Peach

Purple = Blackberry (or Strawberry or any berry you want)

Creamy White = Marshmallow

Green = Gardena

Peach = Georgia Peach

These are awesome Crafters! :) Everyone has different scents that they love and want to scent blend...This is how we stay fresh and beat the competition!  LOVE IT! :)

Edited by puma52

Dark Blue Chunks - Blueberry

Dark Strawberry Chunks - Strawberry

Dark Blackberry Chunks - Blackberry

OVERPOUR - Lt. Cream - Cheesecake 

Lime colored Chunks - Key Lime Pie

Strawberry colored Chunks - Serendipity

OVERPOUR - Lt. Cream - Vanilla Bean

Dark Blue Chunks - Berrylicious

OVERPOUR - Lt. Cream -  Cheesecake

Lemon Chunks - Lemon Chiffon

Caramel Chunks - Cream Cheese

OVERPOUR - Lt. Cream - Vanilla Smoothie

Lt. Pink and Lt. Blue Chunks (Cotton Candy colors) - Cotton Candy

OVERPOUR - Lt. Tan - Funnel Cake OR Birthday Cake

Strawberry colored Chunks - Strawberry

OVERPOUR - Lt. Cream OR Lt. Pink OR Lt. Purple - Bubblegum

Purple Chunks - Berrylicious

Orange Chunks - Orange Sherbet

OVERPOUR - Lt. Cream - Vanilla Ice Cream

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR COLOR CHARTS ON HOW TO CREATE DIFFERENT COLORS .... :) SEE BELOW

FOR COLORS FOR EVERY SCENT: NATURES GARDEN - WHEN YOU CLICK ON A SCENT LOOK ON DOWN PAGE AND YOU WILL SEE COLOR SUGGESTIONS (FOR 4 LB BATCH - YOU NEED TO DIVIDE THE RECIPE FOR YOUR WAX WEIGHT NEEDS)

CAJUNS CANDLES - LOCATED ON THEIR COLOR GUIDE FOR THEIR LIQUID DYES

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Daisymay66 said:

What are some good scents to use for over pours? In bakery ones? Vanilla, Cheesecake, Marshmallow. I think Creme Brûlée would be good but I can't seem to find a good one although it might be better in these since they are not all soy?? 

Hi Daisymay!

The great thing about these is that there are no rules to follow. Let your imagination run wild.  Those above are examples...you could make chunks out of any of those overpours and overpour with any of the chunk suggestions. The customer will smell it just the same because when you cut the chunks all the chunks will be exposed and the scents will all be blended together when the customer smells them. For the bakery tarts I do love the vanillas...vanilla smoothie from ICS is awesome, creme brulee (Cajun Candles has a killer one that I love!) , cakes, cheesecake, cookie dough, sugar cookie, dulce de leche, vanilla ice cream, strudel & spice, buttercream, ooey gooey caramel, eggnog, cinnamon donut, key lime pie, maple syrup, coconut cream pie, pie crust, sherbet, vanilla bean noel, zucchini bread, pumpkin souffle...just whatever you little ole heart desires dear!  :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, puma52 said:

Hi Daisymay!

The great thing about these is that there are no rules to follow. Let your imagination run wild.  Those above are examples...you could make chunks out of any of those overpours and overpour with any of the chunk suggestions. The customer will smell it just the same because when you cut the chunks all the chunks will be exposed and the scents will all be blended together when the customer smells them. For the bakery tarts I do love the vanillas...vanilla smoothie from ICS is awesome, creme brulee (Cajun Candles has a killer one that I love!) , cakes, cheesecake, cookie dough, sugar cookie, dulce de leche, vanilla ice cream, strudel & spice, buttercream, ooey gooey caramel, eggnog, cinnamon donut, key lime pie, maple syrup, coconut cream pie, pie crust, sherbet, vanilla bean noel, zucchini bread, pumpkin souffle...just whatever you little ole heart desires dear!  :) 

Hey Puma!

See that's my problem, my imagination is all dry and and shriveled (spelling probably wrong) up!! When I was young I rocked it! Now I just stand there looking-- like I have a total brain fart! Lol thank you so much for the suggestions! I'm sorry to be such a pain :( I want so bad to make these and have them look like yours! Your my tart queen wanna be! ;)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

What are some good scents to use for over pours? In bakery ones? Vanilla, Cheesecake, Marshmallow. I think Creme Brûlée would be good but I can't seem to find a good one although it might be better in these since they are not all soy?? 

@daisymay66 for my overpours i do themes.  I currently have three: Fruity ( Usually a berry), Bakery (Right now that is zucchini) and Floral ,  In addition i write down all of my receipeies on a 3x5 index card so that have a reference. A lot of my mixes are trial and error, inspired by nature or just wha smells good to my nose.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

Hey Puma!

See that's my problem, my imagination is all dry and and shriveled (spelling probably wrong) up!! When I was young I rocked it! Now I just stand there looking-- like I have a total brain fart! Lol thank you so much for the suggestions! I'm sorry to be such a pain :( I want so bad to make these and have them look like yours! Your my tart queen wanna be! ;)

You are still a pup in my world girlfriend! :) Hey....you are getting it all together and you and everyone else here shall be very successful at making these. Listen if I can make them....anyone can. :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Belinda said:

Puma, do you use the same wax for the over pours as you do the chunks? I'm thinking maybe the over pour needs to be a little softer or am I wrong on that? 

20 hours ago, Belinda said:

Puma, do you use the same wax for the over pours as you do the chunks? I'm thinking maybe the over pour needs to be a little softer or am I wrong on that? 

Yes Ma'am I use the same wax blend for the chunks (4625/4794) and the overpour, BUT for jars I always use a container wax to overpour the chunks. Hey you may create the perfect blend with a softer overpour! If you do, we would love to hear! :)  We would like to see pics too! :)

• Like 3

21 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Do you ever have trouble with your colors bleeding over time?

After I read this question, TallTayl, I went to my stash of tarts. None of them looked like they were bleeding....BUT I will not say they never will and perhaps with this item it really wouldn't hurt if it did. On the tops when I run the heat gun over the top to melt down and soften the sharp edges on top, they run together some anyway and it is really pretty. The biggest culprit I think would bel the red which could bleed and have bled before in layered jar candles when I poured too hot and the red bled into the white and the purples which could fade. I put the UV powder in all of my pours. These chunks though seem to be doing very well at not bleeding so far. I pour these waxes pretty cool and I think that that helps.  I have had really super excellent outcomes with the Cajun Candle liquid dyes...I just love them. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, puma52 said:

You are still a pup in my world girlfriend! :) Hey....you are getting it all together and you and everyone else here shall be very successful at making these. Listen if I can make them....anyone can. :)

I don't know puma - I was looking at starting over the weekend and between my head cold and being overwhelmed I didn't!

I have 4625 which colors beautiful for chunks but overpour I'm lost because I have all container waxes other than PB and that does NOT hold color at all

so after much debate and not confusing myself I am going to mix 4625 and Clarus 3022 parasoy (that holds color great to) and I am thinking so that it's not too soft to chunk up nicely  I will do 75% 4625 and 25% 3022 for both the chunks and the overpour.....wheeeeww that's my story and I'm sticking to it to see what happens! Lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, moonshine said:

I don't know puma - I was looking at starting over the weekend and between my head cold and being overwhelmed I didn't!

I have 4625 which colors beautiful for chunks but overpour I'm lost because I have all container waxes other than PB and that does NOT hold color at all

so after much debate and not confusing myself I am going to mix 4625 and Clarus 3022 parasoy (that holds color great to) and I am thinking so that it's not too soft to chunk up nicely  I will do 75% 4625 and 25% 3022 for both the chunks and the overpour.....wheeeeww that's my story and I'm sticking to it to see what happens! Lol

Fingers crossed! :) Keep us posted! :) You can do it!

So Puma after your all done with your batch and go to chunk them about what size are you cutting them into?

for melts I usually use the clams and use 2 cubes in the warmer- I'm afraid of cutting them to large to fit In a warmer and those plug in ones are smaller and can only handle 1 cube from a clam 

Okay, now, you all have had a few days. Where are the pics??? haha! <- but seriously, I make naked wax so I want to see some beautiful, colorful pictures!

Moonshine, people (customers) LOVE cutting up their chunk melts and things like loaves. They all have crinkle cutters, cutting boards just for this purpose and buy their own polypro bags and even labels for storing. You should SEE some of the wax storage pics! Some have armoires where their favorite vendors have received a dedicated drawer and others have whole rooms for their "stashes". They love posting pictures of orders, what they have put in their multiple warmers and showing off colorful chunks and pies! 

Most online sellers make chunks 2-4 ounces but some also make and sell whole pies, pie slices, loaves and more. 

7 hours ago, justajesuschick said:

Okay, now, you all have had a few days. Where are the pics??? haha! <- but seriously, I make naked wax so I want to see some beautiful, colorful pictures!

Moonshine, people (customers) LOVE cutting up their chunk melts and things like loaves. They all have crinkle cutters, cutting boards just for this purpose and buy their own polypro bags and even labels for storing. You should SEE some of the wax storage pics! Some have armoires where their favorite vendors have received a dedicated drawer and others have whole rooms for their "stashes". They love posting pictures of orders, what they have put in their multiple warmers and showing off colorful chunks and pies! 

Most online sellers make chunks 2-4 ounces but some also make and sell whole pies, pie slices, loaves and more. 

My Wax Chunks are 2x2 and i changed waxes to make it easier for my customers to cut them up.  You are so right @justajesuschick there is a following of people and they purchase cutters, boards and have videos on how to soften to cut and more.  At first i didn't understand the concept of the Pies and loafs.  But i make cupcakes with the sole purpose of people being able to cut them and place in burners.  You can't sell cutable products to an ordinary wax person, they have to have experience

9 hours ago, moonshine said:

So Puma after your all done with your batch and go to chunk them about what size are you cutting them into?

for melts I usually use the clams and use 2 cubes in the warmer- I'm afraid of cutting them to large to fit In a warmer and those plug in ones are smaller and can only handle 1 cube from a clam 

Well....let me tell ya Moonshine....we sell the plug in warmers and the plate/ tart cup warmers and the cup warmers. I end up with all different sizes of the chunk tarts. I have some as small as 1 x 1-1/2 and as big as 2 x 2 (I just measured them) :) ....at our booth we have everything there and just let the people decide what they want...MOST people buy the larger warmers which the chunk tarts will fit in just fine.  I also make the shaped tarts using the molds from flexible molds which fit the smaller plug ins better..but if people had a knife and wanted to make the chunks smaller, they can do that, but it would be messy....hmmm maybe i need to investigate this softer wax that people are talking about.  But anyhow people have been buying it all.  :)

Edited by puma52

I got 2 of my chunk molds in today and ordered 2 more. They're pretty small so I want to be able to make several scents at a time in chunks. I'm anxious to get started! I have some creme brûlée chunks and brown sugar chunks and I think next will be some caramel and then a birthday cake over pour. I think I want to try to fruity ones with cheesecake over pour that Puma mentioned. Those sound so yummy!

• Like 2

OK...I have been researching some drink recipes and have come up with these ...Truthfully I have never even heard of these drinks...but I might try them when I go on vacation..some sound pretty good! :)

FROZEN MUDSLIDE (MINUS THE VODKA...I wouldn't know what to sub for it anyhow.  :))

Dark Brown Chunks -  Kahlua Dreams from Indigo Fragrance ....anyone try this oil or any of their oils out...are they pretty good ? This is the only Kahlua out there as far as I        know...anyone know any other great one? :) 

Medium Tan - Irish Cream

OVERPOUR - Light Cream - Vanilla Ice Cream

WHISKEY PARALYZER (This one sounds GREAT!)

Light Brown Chunks - Whiskey

Light Caramel Chunks - Kahlua Dreams

Dark Brown Chunks  - Root Beer

OVERPOUR - (Recipe says Milk )  Light Cream - Dulce De Leche (AKA Sugar Milk) 

STRAWBERRY WHISKEY SOUR

Light Cream Chunks - Sugared Vanilla

Light Yellow Chunks - Lemon Juice or Lemon

Light Strawberry Chunks - Strawberry

Light Pink Chunks - Fizzy Pop (FB)  (The recipe says club soda...this is the only thing I can think of..any other suggestions?)

OVERPOUR - Very Light Tan - Whiskey

APPLE CIDER BOURBON PUNCH (Even though it says Bourbon, I am using the Whiskey scent in this recipe...I think we can get away with it... :) no one will know. :) )

Lime Green Chunks - Green Apple

Lemon Yellow Chunks - Lemon Juice or Lemon

Red Punch Colored Chunks - Cinnamon Stick

Yellow Chunks - Apple Cider

Spiced Yellow Chunks - Apple Juice (What do you think of this one..there is not apple juice fragrance oil, a touch of Mac Apple?) 

OVERPOUR - Light Cream - Whiskey

RASPBERRY CIDER WHISKEY

Light Raspberry Chunks - Raspberry

OVERPOUR - Spiced Yellow - Apple Cider

WHISKEY SLUSH

Lemonade Yellow Chunks - Lemonade

Orange Chunks - Orange Juice  (Sub Yuzu, Tangerine, Satsuma?)

Light Cream Chunks  - Black Tea

Light Purple Chunks - Ginger Ale (BB has)

OVERPOUR - Light Tan - Whiskey

Edited by puma52
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Belinda said:

I got 2 of my chunk molds in today and ordered 2 more. They're pretty small so I want to be able to make several scents at a time in chunks. I'm anxious to get started! I have some creme brûlée chunks and brown sugar chunks and I think next will be some caramel and then a birthday cake over pour. I think I want to try to fruity ones with cheesecake over pour that Puma mentioned. Those sound so yummy!

Your blend sounds delicious Belinda! Take pics!!! We want to see. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, puma52 said:

OK...I have been researching some drink recipes and have come up with these ...Truthfully I have never even heard of these drinks...but I might try them when I go on vacation..some sound pretty good! :)

FROZEN MUDSLIDE (MINUS THE VODKA...I wouldn't know what to sub for it anyhow.  :))

Dark Brown Chunks -  Kahlua Dreams from Indigo Fragrance ....anyone try this oil or any of their oils out...are they pretty good ? This is the only Kahlua out there as far as I        know...anyone know any other great one? :) 

Medium Tan - Irish Cream

OVERPOUR - Light Cream - Vanilla Ice Cream

WHISKEY PARALYZER (This one sounds GREAT!)

Light Caramel Chunks - Kahlua Dreams

Dark Brown Chunks  - Root Beer

OVERPOUR - (Recipe says Milk )  Light Cream - Dulce De Leche (AKA Sugar Milk) 

STRAWBERRY WHISKEY SOUR

Light Cream Chunks - Sugared Vanilla

Light Yellow Chunks - Lemon Juice or Lemon

Light Strawberry Chunks - Strawberry

Light Pink Chunks - Fizzy Pop (FB)  (The recipe says club soda...this is the only thing I can think of..any other suggestions?)

OVERPOUR - Very Light Tan - Whiskey

APPLE CIDER BOURBON PUNCH (Even though it says Bourbon, I am using the Whiskey scent in this recipe...I think we can get away with it... :) no one will know. :) )

Lime Green Chunks - Green Apple

Lemon Yellow Chunks - Lemon Juice or Lemon

Red Punch Colored Chunks - Cinnamon Stick

Yellow Chunks - Apple Cider

Spiced Yellow Chunks - Apple Juice (What do you think of this one..there is not apple juice fragrance oil, a touch of Mac Apple?) 

OVERPOUR - Light Cream - Whiskey

RASPBERRY CIDER WHISKEY

Light Raspberry Chunks - Raspberry

OVERPOUR - Spiced Yellow - Apple Cider

WHISKEY SLUSH

Lemonade Yellow Chunks - Lemonade

Orange Chunks - Orange Juice  (Sub Yuzu, Tangerine, Satsuma?)

Light Cream Chunks  - Black Tea

Light Purple Chunks - Ginger Ale (BB has)

OVERPOUR - Light Tan - Whiskey

Oh my goodness Puma! I am in total AWE at how you come up with all these! They all sound amazing! And I just gotta say how much I appreciate you sharing these. I have thought several times about trying Indigo Fragrances. She's only about a hour away from me.  I just can't get over your blends! I've read them 3 times now! Lol

• Like 1

These all sound wonderful that you all posted.

I mix hot pink drops with coral and end up with a neon coral Mango Sorbet. Then pour over no color added soy in vanilla bean noel.

Another one I do is make hot pink Tequila Sunrise with yellow Buttercream pour over. 

I make Tiramisu in soy with no color added and the pour over is Creme Brulee in brown.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TallTayl said:

do you generally formulate these for the scentsy type warmers or the hotter ones?

I have a couple of girls @ work that have the Scentsy warmers and I asked them how they did and they said that the chunk tarts melt great in them.  If someone would ask me if these chunk tarts would melt in a tealight warmer I would tell them no way no how....I  just wouldn't even visit that. These definitely have to be melted in the warmer warmers.  :)

3 hours ago, coffeebean said:

These all sound wonderful that you all posted.

I mix hot pink drops with coral and end up with a neon coral Mango Sorbet. Then pour over no color added soy in vanilla bean noel.

Another one I do is make hot pink Tequila Sunrise with yellow Buttercream pour over. 

I make Tiramisu in soy with no color added and the pour over is Creme Brulee in brown.

Oh....these sound nice Coffeebean!  Keep the blends coming ! :)

• Like 1