Warning labels for wax melts

wgregww

I use them, many moons ago a nice member here told me to put them inside the lid.  That's what I've done ever since and never turned back.  They don't get oil stained and they don't come off.  My labels are white so you don't see

them.  I use the Avery 5293 round for the caution, takes a few seconds to put each on a clamshell right before I seal.  You could pre-label  all the clams as well.

I use them, many moons ago a nice member here told me to put them inside the lid.  That's what I've done ever since and never turned back.  They don't get oil stained and they don't come off.  My labels are white so you don't see

them.  I use the Avery 5293 round for the caution, takes a few seconds to put each on a clamshell right before I seal.  You could pre-label  all the clams as well.

thanks thats cool i was adding them to my lael as part of the design

This weekend at my show someone looked at my regular tart melts and my chunk tart melts and asked...what are these? Always have ...always will....yes....I do put warning labels (with instructions) on my tarts. :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

puma52, do you print your own or order them already printed?

Hi Belinda!

I used to buy all of my warning labels from suppliers but now I order all my labels through Online Labels...when you order from them, you get a certain amount of free usage of their label designer. I just love it! The awesome part is once you design a label you can save it and then when you need more, you just open up the designer and print your labels. If you need to change anything on your labels you can. It is such a big pain in the behind to label stuff and it does take a lot of time and designing your labels takes a lot of time too, but the payoff is wonderful and it is awesome that you do not have to wait on anyone to create a label. I know it is a pain putting labels on everything especially the little stuff.....it can make a person want to scream sometimes.

Edited by puma52
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gosh I hate doing it, I know it only takes a few seconds but when your making 500 a week its a problem.

Are you doing 500 single tarts or clam shells? Shew....that is a lot and I can certainly see the problem! You are one busy person and that is good! You must have some good product there! Good for you! :)

Are you doing 500 single tarts or clam shells? Shew....that is a lot and I can certainly see the problem! You are one busy person and that is good! You must have some good product there! Good for you! :)

500 clamshells, now in the busy time. After the holidays it goes down to 300-350 a week. It does stink

Edited by wgregww

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi I just recently started making soy melts. Wondering if you all follow the 1 oz of FO to 1 lb of wax? Ive found with some scents its not as strong as I would like. Im scared if I up the FO the oil will start to seep out of the wax? Any help would be appreciated

1 hour ago, Katrina711 said:

Hi I just recently started making soy melts. Wondering if you all follow the 1 oz of FO to 1 lb of wax? Ive found with some scents its not as strong as I would like. Im scared if I up the FO the oil will start to seep out of the wax? Any help would be appreciated

It all depends on your wax blend and the specific FO you use. 

Challenge test your experiments with more FO by moving them between temp zones.  For instance, in warm months I set them on my patio, front porch and mailbox to see how they will handle heat of shipping.  Sometimes a trip through the freezer then table reveals potential problems.  

some waxes handle it all with no issues.  Some sweat and break.  

have fun experimenting and learning your craft.  It is very rewarding.