Tarts made in clamshells smell like plastic

SOAPFREAK

I've never had that happen, I pour between 105-115.  I buy mine from Impact and once they were skunky smelling when I got them

but I opened the box and set them all out in stacks for a few days and it went away.

Wow, would have never thought of opening the box to air them out.  Thanks so much!

I've only had that happen with clamshells I bought from Cajun candles. I washed them out with soap and hot water and let them dry and nothing helped. Since then I've ordered from ICS and Impact and even some off of eBay and haven't had a problem with them smelling like plastic. 

HTH

I think it happens when the mfg boxes them too soon after production.  I'm guessing here but worked in a plastic mfg plant and plastic would stink if it was put away before it had a chance to air out, it was not the same type of plastic that's why I'm guessing.

If they stink when you open the box, take them out and let the air get at them for a few days before using.