storing wax

Guest OldGlory

Does it come to you in a plastic bag? My waxes all come in plastic of some sort. I can't imagine that it would hurt an unscented wax. Maybe you'll have some more feedback.

I do the same as Candybee. Although an entire room in my house is dedicated to wax supplies and shipping materials, raw wax itself has migrated to the entryway! Each bin represents a case of wax. Mine come in cardboard, no protective barrier. I use a hammer and chisel bought just for wax and I break the slabs up some for storing and melting.

post-9853-0-29095200-1443733031_thumb.jp

Edited by justajesuschick

J50 is a soft container wax, so would need to be cut up in advance and wrapped in something before putting into the plastic tubs. This is why I use ziplocks and/or aluminum foil. After that, then I put them in plastic storage bins I got from either Home Depot or Lowes. Can't remember which. 

I used to use J50 and always put it in the plastic storage bin. The wax came wrapped in plastic in the case box it shipped in. So I just open the box and dump the wax with the plastic still on it. Works great. But even if its not in plastic it will stay clean in the plastic bin and you can always put a layer of plastic wrap over it to cover if you prefer.

If it gets warm though, it won't stay cut up - they will melt all together and you will have to re-cut. I like cutting mine all in advance in the weighed out increments I use, that way I don't have to weigh out each time I go to make candles. That's why I wrap in zip locks or foil.