frustrated-please help

I understand the two methods. What I'm wondering about is what do I use to measure the oil? How do I know I have 1 ounce, or .8 ounce, or .75 ounce. My scale does not show me ounces. Please all understand, I'm not trying to be difficult. :)GoldieMN

Your bakers calculation above is correct.

Seriously, i would look into a traditional scale. It is simple enough to make mistakes without an extra layer of calculations. The KD7000 scale has been a work horse for me. I got 7 years out of my last one. And it measures in grams in addition to ounces so small batches are a snap.

Edited to add, are you sure your current scale does not have a setting switch or tiny button somewhere to make it work like a traditional scale?

Edited by TallTayl
  • Like 1

I use a shot glass with markings on the side that tell you increments of ounces (up to 2) and place it on my scale. The reasib that I'm careful with amounts is because of the cost. A pound of quality oil plus shipping, increases the cost of pproduction and that increase is my cost. I don't pass it on to the consumer becaue they won't pay it. Keeping cost down is a constant battle, whether you are selling or not.

Your bakers calculation above is correct.

Seriously, i would look into a traditional scale. It is simple enough to make mistakes without an extra layer of calculations. The KD7000 scale has been a work horse for me. I got 7 years out of my last one. And it measures in grams in addition to ounces so small batches are a snap.

Edited to add, are you sure your current scale does not have a setting switch or tiny button somewhere to make it work like a traditional scale?

Thanks. I definitely will check.

GoldieMN