Wax melt cure time

Newbie73

Hello, I was hoping for some help. I have had good luck with straight vendor wax but this is my first time trying blends .How long should I allow my wax melts to cure before

selling/using them? I tried 3 different blends: 50/50 of 4625/4630, 50/50 of  4625/4627 and 60/40 of 6006/4625 to see which seems the best. I made them all the same way, heated to

185 degrees added 2 oz/lb  of Peaks Fruit Slices fragrance oil,stirred for 3 minutes and poured into clamshells.I opened them after 24 hours and the CT seems good in all 3. I really like

4625/4630 combo though and if this has a quick cure time I think I would stick with it. Any opinions/help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!! 

If you use straight paraffin you won't have a very long cure time. Some say no cure time and others say a few days. I personally like to let mine cure for about three days and I use 4625/4630 or 4633. From my understanding, if there's soy in the mix, it will require a longer cure time.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

With all paraffin a few days is fine, soy/soy blends a solid week at least. You stated you used 2oz fo pp... that's a bit overload imo. You may see fo seepage and the cost is another factor. With paraffin 6-10% should work great, with soy (imo) 8-10%.... keeping in mind the quality of the oils you are using, hth.

Edited by lmc

• 2 weeks later...
Guest OldGlory

I like to add soy to my 6006 because I get a better scent throw with more soy. I fragrance at 6%.

Edit - but I should add that I do that with candles. I use straight soy in my clamshells.

Edited by OldGlory