Candle Science Shipping

flair

Guest OldGlory

I doubt these people do a lot of testing. I was at a flea market about 11 years ago and there was a girl walking up and down the aisles (2 aisles, about 30-35 booths, and 4 candlemakers) asking people how to make a candle. They want to earn a dollar. There is a reason east TN is the home of moonshine, meth, and whatever will earn a quick buck. And why they will accept so little for their effort.

Candybee believe me I was trying so hard to remain professional only because he was in our place of business with 3 divisions- had I been at a craft show I would of punched him somewhere else! He was the most arrogant cocky jerk I have come across in a long time and what nerve being a business owner himself

Ocean gazer- no I have never touched a pillar, I tried a heart once and after 3 blowouts I was done and votives.....let's just say I would rather run naked thru the neighborhood than ever make those again! After last Christmas wholesale order of way too many I quit! I am a perfectionist and those are way to time consuming for me with the double pour and my lip has to be perfect and then I ran into all of them turning orange- the molds are not rusty at all, the wax is undyed soy, it didn't matter what FO I used and then they would not come out of the wick pins....I had no issues years before and haven't changed a thing so I refuse to make them ever again- my mom wanted some and I told her to go to Walmart! Lol

• Like 1

I can't do pillar soy. I would rather jump off of our pier. I actually hate it lol. If that were the only wax available I would be done forever with candles. Now molded paraffin candles I cannot get enough of. I mainly use LX's and to me they are perfect. I get a ton of designs and they smell and look amazing. :):D

• Like 2

I doubt these people do a lot of testing. I was at a flea market about 11 years ago and there was a girl walking up and down the aisles (2 aisles, about 30-35 booths, and 4 candlemakers) asking people how to make a candle. They want to earn a dollar. There is a reason east TN is the home of moonshine, meth, and whatever will earn a quick buck. And why they will accept so little for their effort.

I would just tell them to buy the kits from Michaels!! LOL! They don't research so they wouldn't know any better. They may think those kits were great! :soap baby dance:

Guest OldGlory

LOL, this girl was carrying around a candle she had already made asking what went wrong. She found the mother load at Aztec a few weeks prior and thought it was a quick way to make a buck. This is the downside to having a big supplier in your backyard. I couldn't help her because she was using paraffin and I had no experience at that time with any paraffin waxes so I sent her to another candlemaker.

• 1 month later...

Well, I have to say that Candlescience is Truly falling apart! I put about 2 one pound fo's and some samples in the cart and they are Spliting shipments on those some from NC and some from their Nevada warehouse. That's a NO GO for me in FL. WTHeck? My thoughts are they are heading to close at least the one in NC.

Guest OldGlory

CandleScience just moved their facility in NC. Don't think they are closing down.

But, omg, I would not pay shipping from 2 places!

I was going to order their tins - I love their tins - and also a couple of more frangrances, maybe 3 or 4, but same thing - shipping from 2 different locations, and the shipping was not worht it - was more than the stuff I was going to order.  So i'm going to get the tins from candles and supplies since they are near me, but I don't want to get scents from there - they are expensive and I don't know how good they are - no reviews.

The shipping for me has still been one of the most reasonable BUT last order some of my stuff came from NC which is always 2 days here - perfect but what I needed most was loss for a huge order and they took over a week to get to me from their other location - I was not happy

I think they need to list what is coming out of NC in their email so the other products I find replacements for

Yes samething for me sighs. I'm in NY & they were trying to charge two diff shipping prices! The order was split up, half from one location & the other half from the other location... I love their tins!! But I have to figure out a better option...

Candybee, it shows where your items ship from at checkout.

If there's ever anything in my cart shipping from NC, I cancel it. I'm in Vegas and shipping from their Reno store is still very expensive to me. There's no way I'd pay two different shipping prices. I do love CS and their customer service is amazing. If I order before 4pm, I get my order the next day, but I'd be willing to wait longer if it saved on shipping. A 50lb case of 464 will run me $83.00. $29.00 of that is shipping. Eh well. At least they give you a free 1oz fragrance sampler :P

Edited by Shoegal
  • Like 1

Thanks for clarifying that Shoegal. I have never had that happen to me. I think because I live in Virginia they ship everything from NC to me so I get within 24-48 hours. I will be paying more attention to checkout now and see if there is anything shipping from other than NC. I buy most of my candle FO's from them but they are not my only supplier.

How do you know they are shipping some items from one location and others from another location? Do they send in different packages?

After I placed my order it told me part of it- didn't say what part was shipping from their other location- and there was no tracking to find out how long it would take- 1 week to get kids is ridiculous

Guest OldGlory

I was shocked this week with a 3rd day delivery (as priority mail) from both Candle Science and MMS. I was expecting to wait until next week.

I would think that if they had to ship from two different locations it would still be only one shipping cost but not the case with them, they give two diff shipping prices. I know when I order things for the house from wallyworld & it ships from seperate locations it's still only one shipping price. I almost choked the other day when I seen CS seperate shipping prices...

Has anyone this happened to sent CS an email about it? I imagine if enough people complained they would change their shipping to one price. That just doesn't make sense the way they are doing it now.

If you drop your shopping cart in a decision not to purchase because of the 2 shipping rates, let them know why! Believe me they will look into it if enough people complain!

Edited by Candybee

Has anyone this happened to sent CS an email about it? I imagine if enough people complained they would change their shipping to one price. That just doesn't make sense the way they are doing it now.

If you drop your shopping cart in a decision not to purchase because of the 2 shipping rates, let them know why! Believe me they will look into it if enough people complain!

Hadn't thought about that, but that's an awesome idea, maybe they'll make a change... I just ordered the things I had in my cart from another company

I remember speaking to Heather about it. At the time, she said it's just because they are two separate boxes, shipping from 2 separate locations, resulting in two different shipping rates. This is why I just remove anything shipping from NC from my cart. I am still small time and the shipping fees just put a killing on my pricing. Reno is about 8 hours from Vegas, so it's still not worth it for me to drive there, but man oh man do I consider it sometimes!

My recent frustrating experience was loading up my cart with enough wax and different jars to stock up and qualify for the hundredweight shipping discount. Only to go to check out and see that 4oz jars are only available from the Reno warehouse. So I would have not only had to pay double shipping but lost the hundredweight shipping discount. I called and was told that the 4oz jars were due back in a few days so it wasn't a huge problem. But if they would have been due back in a few WEEKS, it would have been a problem

The good customer service solution is to ship whatever product completes your order to the warehouse nearest the customer (on their dime), and then shipping it ALL to you at once with one shipping rate. This is the business model other business use and it may take a few more days to get your order, but paying two shipping charges and losing bulk shipping discounts just because they have two warehouses is absolutely ridiculous.

I've liked candlescience, but I've been slowly switching over to natures garden for oils and filmore for jars. And hopefully joy wax is close enough to 6006 that switching wax won't be an enormous headache. Because candlescience is no longer consistently reliable.

• Like 3

They have always shipped everything to be from NC. Shipping cost was high, but I will quit before I pay from vegas to FL in a split shipment. This is to restock 4 fo's

Split Shipment

We are unable to ship this order entirely from your closest distribution center so a portion will ship from a second location. Below are shipping rates from each point. During the checkout process you'll be able to select delivery options for each shipment.
Click here to watch a short video about split shipments.

Shipping from North Carolina Shipping Method Pick Up $0.00 UPS Ground $13.22
Shipping from Nevada Shipping Method UPS Ground $12.00

And why are they quoting me cheaper shipping from NV. I think they need to get some phone calls and we need answers.

Edited by Oceangazer1