Candle Science Shipping

flair

I always thought that Candle Science was very reasonable, and very quick.  Until Peaks set up around Harrisburg, PA CandleScience was the quickest supplier to go from order to me receiving my package.

Also, when it comes to shipping, I never order just one little thing.  I piggy back everything I need and usually a few things I want to try with the heavier items.  I would never pay shipping on just a few little things, that is when shipping is very expensive.

• Like 1

I have found for me where I am at CS is the cheapest and quickest shipping out there until they opened another store!

I have been waiting a week to get flipping lids for my jars because apparently they ship from the other warehouse now! I don't understand why they can't carry the same stuff in both but I will be finding another supplier for lids now

• Like 1

The shipping is crazy no matter where you are ordering from. Ackkk!!! I see the shipping amount when I am checking out....curse and then click confirm order. It is the nature of the beast unfortunately and we all are subject to it. BUT,  on a great note....don't ya JUST LOVE opening your box when the UPS or FedEx or USPS service delivers it?? hee hee. :)  

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in Florida and even with buying wax along with my other items I need, it's about $60.00. It makes in sick as I remember paying less for a case of wax.

I remember when you could buy a case and get it shipped all for under $50. Now with the cost of wax and shipping the price is about 3x that amount. Agh!!

• Like 2

Ok we are in Christmas tree selling mode right now full swing- this is when I sell the most candles and I had a guy come in and he put 7.00 on the counter and he says to me this should be close enough for one of those jars....I said ummm no they are10.00 and he proceeds to argue with me that it should be close enough.....so I reply to him- sir the cost of the supplies and the shipping to get it to me on top of my time 7.00 is NOT good enough they are 10.00 if you want one

He then tells me he knows all about the cost of things he is a business owner!!! What a flipping jerk

So I simply said -then you of all people should know you don't make money giving stuff away!

As he proceeded to leave in his Mercedes!!!!

I have not raised my prices since shipping has all gone up everyehere and it has gotten ridiculous out of control- I do need to re-evaluate my costs and I will raise my prices - if they want Walmart then go to Walmart - I would be happy to print then a mapquest to the nearest one!

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 6

OMGosh!! What a jerk!! As you said he of all people should understand what a cheapo!! It's bad enough that next time when hubby and I drive up the east coast we are going to coordinate the trip north and south to hit all of my suppliers and PICK up my wax instead of having it shipped LOL

Wow!! I'm on CS's site again and now the shipping is almost 90.00!! I'm about to be sick! I could get almost 3 cases of straight paraffin for that price!! UGH!! I cannot afford candles anymore it looks like. :*( And yes it would be shipped from the nearest distribution center which is NC...you know I made sure of that. :/

Edited by Oceangazer1

Guest OldGlory

I would not be in the candle business if I couldn't pick up my wax. I don't know how anyone makes a profit when you have to ship in your wax.

The only supplier I could pick up from is southern sensation in flat rock MI

It would be a 3 hour round trip for me and the difference would be 40.00 for two cases of wax (SS is more per case) vs. Buying from CS .....I would spend that in gas plus 3 hours of my time fighting traffic

So I am having to pay the shipping

• Like 1

It's horrible. I don't think CS has any sales on shipping. They do put their one oz fo's for .99 about twice/yr. That doesn't help me now. I have no choice but to pay the extreme shipping. RE doesn't have the wicks or paraffin wax I love idk!! grrr

No CS does not- peak does but again CS was cheaper for me- they are the cheapest of all suppliers for my area.... It does make me wonder if this is worth it anymore- too many people sell soy much cheaper than me but I have bought them and they all suck, bottom line though people look at price vs quality more so than not

I may see about a whole pallet and store it in my garage- it's heated and maybe that would bring the price down but jars are expensive to ship and they have none around me local and FO is also expensive if you don't buy mass quantities and I don't use that much to do it

• Like 1

Moonshine do you make molded candles? NO glass to worry about with shipping and people do love pillars and votives And melts!

It's only worth it if you love doing it and don't mind not getting paid for your time ect. Like I said drive up and down the east coast I am BUYING TONS of WAX and Picking it up!! LOL

Ok we are in Christmas tree selling mode right now full swing- this is when I sell the most candles and I had a guy come in and he put 7.00 on the counter and he says to me this should be close enough for one of those jars....I said ummm no they are10.00 and he proceeds to argue with me that it should be close enough.....so I reply to him- sir the cost of the supplies and the shipping to get it to me on top of my time 7.00 is NOT good enough they are 10.00 if you want one

He then tells me he knows all about the cost of things he is a business owner!!! What a flipping jerk

So I simply said -then you of all people should know you don't make money giving stuff away!

As he proceeded to leave in his Mercedes!!!!

I have not raised my prices since shipping has all gone up everyehere and it has gotten ridiculous out of control- I do need to re-evaluate my costs and I will raise my prices - if they want Walmart then go to Walmart - I would be happy to print then a mapquest to the nearest one!

Honestly! What nerve. How did you keep yourself from punching him in the nose?!! LOL

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

I see it all the time - people sell cheap just to make a buck, even where you can pick up wax. I see sq masons 3/$10 all the time. Literally, that means they are making $1 and change on those candles, and they do that to be competitive. I takes nerves of steel to hang on!