Your favorite Candle FO companies?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.WYW ( Number 1 all time favorite ) ( So far NO ONE can compare)

2.Starville

I was so lucky because my friend closed down her candle business after 5 years, and she gave me her entire stock. She was the kind of person that tried every single company...so I have been able to try oils from so many companies. I have not since seen or heard of a company that I do not have oils from. I am not saying that her choices were the best that each company has, but they have given me the opportunity to determine the "strength...or price point" that each company purchases. Out of the oils I received from her, I would say that BnL, NG, Peaks, JBN, RE were probably the best.

The companies on my list to try certain FOs from are Candle Cacoon, Daystar, Just Scents and Scent Works.

Because I had been wondering the same thing, I just had to compile a chart of how many times each company was listed--it was VERY topheavy in Peak's favor (I don't know if that has anything to do with this board being sponsored by Peak or not).

Just thought I'd let you know the companies who received more than 3 votes each were:

Peak (28)

Just Scent (12)

Nature's Garden (11)

Indiana Candle Supply (10)

Bittercreek North (8)

Lonestar (6)

Candle Cocoon (4)

Now personally, I've never tried Peak's but have been strongly considering trying them--I believe this pushed me over the edge!!! (If they carry the FOs I'm needing right now, that is.)

By the way, I have used all these top companies except Peak and was very surprised that Kentucky and Snowtop each only received 3 votes--they're in my favorites list.

Just thought you might be interested to know these rankings.

HTH,

Jane

Excellent Jane! I was thinking of doing that.

Peak truely has some of the best FO's ever, but like I said in my first post, they just don't have that many. It seems they come up with a new one every so often. That's why I was asking about other companies that had larger selections, but still had great quality oils.

Thanks for going to the trouble of making your list. It's very helpful to me.

hello,I'm new here,and just wanted to say hi and

have ya tried candlewic.com ?

they have some scents that are good,like clean cotton

and christmas cheer,these are very strong,and red hot cinnamon.this is also where I buy my soy wax.

they ship by ups and you will have your items in a week

with the ups ground,I think they have faster shipping but it will cost more.I just started making candles and I opened a store on ebay,the cheapest one for $15.00 a

month and so far it has cost more to list and of course the cost of the store,,then what I'm bringing in.

what a let down.I have listed some for auction which is suppose to bring in buyers but since I've opened my store (hamletts this and that store) in october of 2005 I have only sold maybe 10 items,

which includes other stuff I have listed.ebay charges you a fee and then paypal charges you a fee for collecting your money for you,and if you use your money or transfer it to your checking account.:angry2:

I wish there was a place we could sell our candles and stuff for a (small once a month fee )no extras no ups and downs or buts. I dont know what I'm thinking,this is not

fairy tale land duh.:confused:

I have looked at some of the things you all were talking about and seen some of your candles and soaps,

and they are all very very nice and hope to see more:)

No one mentioned Brambleberry. I know they havent always carried candle scents exclusively, but they're now in the game so I urge you to try them if you're ever curious for new stuff - or happen to be ordering something else from them at the time :D Really liked their Cucumber Melon, their Fudge Brownie is AMAZING, Cinnamon Bun is likely the one fragrance oil that's ever made my mouth literally water, and their Banana Nut Bread is very sweet. Same for Blueberry Muffin and Applie Pie...all I've had the chance to try so far though :angry2:

Save on Scents is good for some fragrancs and not for others. I havent used their stuff in candles, but only HP. Some of their fragrances are quite mild/weak and you would need to add a lot to get the effect :embarasse ... And of course you can't simply add all the FO you want to with a product. However, their Blooming Jasmine is WONDERFUL!! Finally I have found a Jasmine I love, and its cheap, and performs well! It's a mix and match bag, I say try the fragrances and if you like them, keep ordering, and just don't order the ones you didnt care for as much.