Hotel Costes

Guest OldGlory

Guest OldGlory

Woooohoooo! Love the big fall orders!

Lye scared the heck out of me too - and I am still overly cautious (total type A here). If that's what's keeping you from it, you really need to cross that bridge.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest OldGlory

I have been putting this off for a few weeks.

I don't mean to upset the apple cart, but here's where our different tastes come in to play. For me, Hotel Costes smells like something that went bad in the refrigerator a few weeks ago. I don't like it OOB, I don't like it in a candle. Wierd, since everyone else LOVES it. I have checked the description and it does not list vetiver, but it smells like it has vetiver in it and vetiver EO makes me gag. Literally.

I hope I did not offend anyone with my description - I am not offended when people describe their take on Patchouli. We all have different smell receptors and it is what it is. I am glad I didn't spend my money on it!

Lmao....all I could envision in reading your description is me bathing myself in this stuff walking around having people looking for the rotten garbage!

I am not the least offended I just think it's funny- everyone perceives scent so different and this one is very different....I haven't come close to smelling another scent like it....I definitely think for as expensive as it is if others try it- ask for a sample from someone on here or only get the 1 ounce to see what you think

And I think your right about it having Vetiver in it - I love Vetiver mixed not alone- some if my most favorite perfumes have this in it....maybe that's why I love it so much! Lol

Guest OldGlory

LOL, I had to wrap up the candle tester in a few plastic bags before putting it in the garbage...one tiny maxi tea light, and WOW did that thing throw!

I'm sure it's just me. And that makes me wonder what else I love that really smells BAD to other people.

• 2 years later...
On 9/12/2014 at 2:21 AM, ChandlerWicks said:

I think we've agreed to send the 1ozer of gold to AFI, after OG tries it. I really, really wanted to send it to FCC, but I had such trouble getting HT with their fOs in my wax. Their scents are wonderful smelling OOB, strawberry is the best I've smelt, better then Sweetcakes Strawberry but can't get any throw. It's a shame, but not switching waxes at this point.

I bought straight from AFI to see if their Sugar Cookie Royale is the Moonworks Dupe, it's very, very good at 6%, think could go down to a much lower %. My sniffer is really off right now, so I don't trust myself & will be getting opinions on it, as soon as I can get samples sent out. Which is looking far off  from the way I'm getting things done. I'm taking some to puma, who will give to OG & then she'll get it done!

OBTW, Sun & Earth from FB is not so good, I can't stand sniffing it, BLECH. At some point I'd like to send the 2 FOS to you to compare. If that's ok.

May I ask who FCC is? I'm curious about this Strawberry that you say is better than Sweetcakes'. 

7 hours ago, Gsmakinsoap said:

May I ask who FCC is? I'm curious about this Strawberry that you say is better than Sweetcakes'. 

Possibly Flaming Candle Company. 

Might be Fillmore too ... sorry not much help on the exactness. 

Edited by Scented
  • Like 1