Hippie Hippie Shake

Scented

Feelin' Groovy   

13 members have voted

1. 1. So let's tinker with patchouli. While great on its own, let's give it a different look.

• Love it mixed with sandalwood, amber, cedar ... oh yeah!
    • Oh it shines with citrus! Orange, lime, grapefruit ... squeee!
    • Forget the citrus. It's all about the other fruits (raspberry, strawberry, blueberry ... every berry knows that!)
    • The spice is right! (Terrific with cinnamon, vanilla, ginger ... )
    • Heart beat it's a love beat combined with rose, violet, ylang, jasmine, honeysuckle ...
    • Uh ... yuck! I can't believe I wasted my time on this one! It should be buried six feet under!
    • You're going to jail if you defile it with anything! Straight patch all the way baby!
    • I march by a different beat ... I'm not a follower! I'm an OTHER!

Guest OldGlory

I love patchouli and often wear just a drop as my 'perfume'. I could bathe in it, lol.

What I am enjoying right now are the resins with woods and grasses - pine, sweet grass, sage, etc. I know it needs a top note but I haven't gotten there yet. Probably a very light touch of citrus would be nice.

Guest OldGlory

Hi Trappeur, I like sweetgrass mixed. To me, it needs a rich bottom note and a clear top note, but I love the sweetgrass middle note to come thru clear as a bell. I'm not much for the bakery scents but I love earthy. If you find it in nature, that's what I like (koff - with a few exceptions!). Badedas from RE would be a great addition to sweetgrass, or maybe a bamboo or sugar cane.

Tisk tisk ... how can you hate patch? LOL!

IKR? I always think there's something wrong with me because people love it so much! But to me (and yes, I know I"m the odd ball out here) but to me it smells like a dirty old man's sweaty socks. LMAO

Of course, I really don't like a lot of the "earthy" type scents - like the frankincense, myrrh, eucalyptus - you know things like that... They just have this 'pungent' scent to them IMO. 

I didn't like patch either when I first smelled it. Its a scent I hated way back in the 60's that I wanted to forget. But after using honey patch I started getting acclimated I guess. Anyway, for me it was an acquired taste.

Another scent that used to make me gag was Nag Champa. Agian it took me a couple years to acquire a taste for the scent. Now I like it.... within limitations... but I do like it now.

IKR? I always think there's something wrong with me because people love it so much! But to me (and yes, I know I"m the odd ball out here) but to me it smells like a dirty old man's sweaty socks. LMAO

Of course, I really don't like a lot of the "earthy" type scents - like the frankincense, myrrh, eucalyptus - you know things like that... They just have this 'pungent' scent to them IMO. 

Well ... ya know ... 

J/K!

• Like 1