This or That

Scented

Welcome to the board! Love your moniker.

I love Nurture micas too. When they duped the POP color micas from TKB I started buying from them and have absolutely loved every color I bought so far.

Only problem I had was with the raspberry rainbow. The color was wonderful but it eventually bled. They no longer carry the rainbows but now have the vibrance line. So I am not sure if the raspberry was dropped or reformulated as a new vibrance color. I hope it was and doesn't bleed anymore.

My favorite was neon yellow but not sure which one that is now? Same with the raspberry rainbow.

Thank you CandyBee! That is my baby boy, he is quite a character! I had the same issue with the vibrance yellow, it bleed. I talked with Nurture and they think that it was a batch issue. I received some from a new batch, but haven't tried it out yet, I will have to set up a way to try a small amount so that I don't ruin another whole batch.

Yes Orange Heaven from The Conservatorie is scary, it morphs into the most awful color before it returns to orange, and it isn't very easy to mix. For anyone who shops The Conservatorie, they have recently restocked almost everything.

• Like 1

I want to try Mad Oils next

http://www.madoils.com/collections/micas

I have loved all of their micas I've tried. Their glitters are good too. basically everything I've gotten from them has been good. 

Candybee - their white glitter is like an iridescent glitter, and it does reflect different colors. 

• Like 1

Good to know! I was gonna buy the white glitter anyway when I get the chance and try a few others. do you have any particular favorites?

BTW-- does anyone know where to find a really good lime color? I've been blending it myself. I have been using the neon yellow and green rainbow from NS before they changed their micas. I got the most fabulous bright lime with it.

Also, has anyone tried the kiwi lime (not sure thats the name) from Tradewinds Select Shades? I never got around to trying their colors but they got great reviews. Now that the owners are selling the biz I wonder what will happen to the SS colors?

Edited by Candybee

I love love their Peacock mica - but that is my favorite color, so there is that. I also like their Tempest - gives a great muave, and when mixed with You're turning Violet Violet - you get a gorgeous purple. 

There is one of their yellow's (I'd have to check my notes) it's a brilliant yellow however, it morphs orange in the wet soap, but after saponification it turns back to the beautiful yellow. It's freaky at first and you think your batch is ruined, but don't panic! It's not, it will turn back. :) 

I've tried almost all of their mica's and a few of their glitters and I haven't been disappointed in any of them except the grape nehi - I didn't use enough and it went grey (like typical purple's do) 

I also like their scents. I think my favorite from them so far, is Golden Embargo (oob - haven't put it in soap/wax) and Dragon's Blood (haven't soaped it but in wax it is DIVINE - and the best DB I've personally ever smelled) 

I really like the Snow Witch also. 

Smoke and Mirrors gets RAVE reviews, and it probably is a good scent, it's just not my type of scent. It is nice and strong and behaves well, I just don't personally like the way it smells. 

Hedonic Tonic is another one that gets rave reviews, but to me it smells like bathroom cleaner, LOL but performs like a dream in CP @ RT. 

Those are all I've tried in scents so far. Oh and their Them apples. It's a good apple-y scent, but nothing brilliant. Just a typical apple scent. 

HTH

• Like 1

You know I won't be able to resist trying out some sample FOs when I go to buy their colors. LOL I have been eyeing the golden embargo for a while now.

I love it. Very exotic. I think it's described as Amber/Sandalwood - IDK if it necessarily smells like that, but it definitely smells good. Subtle, but alluring and, well, exotic! LOL

• Like 1