Whats In Your Work Room?

I have 2 areas dedicated for my candle and soaps, but I've managed to put other stuff in there to, like the washer and dryer  :), to the left of the counter is another small room, with shelves used for more wax and soap curing, lets not forget the plant food :lol: there are high shelves to store along the other side of the wall as well.  As I fill it with candle and soap supplies, I move out the other stuff.

post-3542-0-26253300-1409847754_thumb.jp

post-3542-0-59360000-1409847777_thumb.jp

post-3542-0-75876700-1409847821_thumb.jp

post-3542-0-72278800-1409847928_thumb.jp

Oh gosh, I have a full concrete basement and fortunately a whole side is dedicated to my craft. I have work lights over a long bench and shelves over the bench that hold supplies currently being used and then there are the shelves with supplies for other seasonal stuff. Cabinets full of molds, dyes, oils, waxes, jars (hundreds) you name it. Its totally insane but at least I have resolved to use up my current supplies (oops I did order about 5 new pounds of fo but that doesn't count) before buying any more. The soap stuff seems to be overtaking the candle stuff and I sell a lot more of it than candle. I keep thinking that someday the lab will get a total makeover, lol. You gotta love it.

Steve

My workshop area is a mess.

This is just a small area in one room. I hate to tell exactly how much of my home space is cluttered with candle and soap stuff.

post-2172-0-83998400-1409852837_thumb.jp

See how the one area looks like all my FOs? I now have 2 entire shelving units dedicated to FOs.

Didn't realize that was an old pic. It actually looks pretty much the same only more FOs and stuff. LOL

Edited by Candybee

My workshop area is a mess.

This is just a small area in one room. I hate to tell exactly how much of my home space is cluttered with candle and soap stuff.

attachicon.gifWorkshop 3.jpg

See how the one area looks like all my FOs? I now have 2 entire shelving units dedicated to FOs.

Didn't realize that was an old pic. It actually looks pretty much the same only more FOs and stuff. LOL

Thats what I'm trying to figure out, is how to better situate my fo's ; right now, I have a bookshelf under the presto pot and toaster oven, that has my fo's on it with soap/candle dyes.  The books are on top of the shelf.  I 've got the shelves, maybe I should dedicate one section just for FO's, I use one of the lower sections as a open rack to cure my soaps. Like your area :)  Looks like you're short of FO's  :laugh2:

Edited by 7 Pawz

I took over a spare bedroom, I have shelves everywhere. FO's,jars, bottles, bins with tins,all organized.

Thats what I did before we moved :) and used the kitchen area for melting, etc.  But now I have it all in one area, still working out the kinks tho:)

Oh gosh, I have a full concrete basement and fortunately a whole side is dedicated to my craft. I have work lights over a long bench and shelves over the bench that hold supplies currently being used and then there are the shelves with supplies for other seasonal stuff. Cabinets full of molds, dyes, oils, waxes, jars (hundreds) you name it. Its totally insane but at least I have resolved to use up my current supplies (oops I did order about 5 new pounds of fo but that doesn't count) before buying any more. The soap stuff seems to be overtaking the candle stuff and I sell a lot more of it than candle. I keep thinking that someday the lab will get a total makeover, lol. You gotta love it.

Steve

That sounds like an ideal area to work in, my soap stuff has taken over my candle stuff as well, but I go from one extreme to another, one month i pour nothing but candles, next month, it 's soap, then for 3 or 4 months, cold turkey :)

Thats what I did before we moved :) and used the kitchen area for melting, etc.  But now I have it all in one area, still working out the kinks tho:)

I used to be in my kitchen also, but we finished the basement about 4.5 years ago, and trust me, I'm still "working out the kinks" LOL 

I need a space twice as big and like Steve, I have resolved this time THIS TIME - to not purchase anything else (unless it's an ABSOLUTE necessity) until the majority of my supplies are used up. 

My main problem is what's taking up most of the room is my wax, which I won't buy because I have to much, my molds, tools, equipment. My actual ingredients to make the product takes up the least amount of room. (except the FO of course, but that's in it's own floor to ceiling, 3ft wide cupboard - LOL and yes, it's FULL to the brim, but it is it's own space!) 

I used to be in my kitchen also, but we finished the basement about 4.5 years ago, and trust me, I'm still "working out the kinks" LOL 

I need a space twice as big and like Steve, I have resolved this time THIS TIME - to not purchase anything else (unless it's an ABSOLUTE necessity) until the majority of my supplies are used up. 

My main problem is what's taking up most of the room is my wax, which I won't buy because I have to much, my molds, tools, equipment. My actual ingredients to make the product takes up the least amount of room. (except the FO of course, but that's in it's own floor to ceiling, 3ft wide cupboard - LOL and yes, it's FULL to the brim, but it is it's own space!) 

Thats me, still working out the kinks, my wax is the biggest thing I store to, that I have a lot of, but since I'm just a hobbyist, I've tried to cut back on the FO's but thats hard :), then of course, dyes, thats even harder, THEN molds, I'm really struggling there  :lol: But at Least I have a dedicated area just for those things and the kitchen is the kitchen again :)

I forgot to mention, I have a full functioning kitchen sink in my work area as well, which is great for soaping. I don't have to drag any of my soaping dishes upstairs to the kitchen just to clean them. Everything can be done down in my workshop. (I do have a washer and dryer down there as well, so on laundry day it's a little crowded with the rotating of clean and dirty clothes, but otherwise it's nice extra work space! :) )

I would show pictures, but we are in the process of adding cupboards and shelving units so it's a DISASTER down there right now. 

I forgot to mention, I have a full functioning kitchen sink in my work area as well, which is great for soaping. I don't have to drag any of my soaping dishes upstairs to the kitchen just to clean them. Everything can be done down in my workshop. (I do have a washer and dryer down there as well, so on laundry day it's a little crowded with the rotating of clean and dirty clothes, but otherwise it's nice extra work space! :) )

I would show pictures, but we are in the process of adding cupboards and shelving units so it's a DISASTER down there right now. 

I would love to have a sink area---

Well the kitchen is my work area as I have no choice and what's not in it is me ... must get a move on. 

I didn't mind at the time that the kitchen was my work area, it was convenient in many ways, I kept a small supply center on the counter top and everything else had to be stored in the bedroom, but now with my space, except for a sink, I have most everything that I need, all of my tools, molds, supplies are in one area now and I dont have to work between the 2 anymore.

I would love to have a sink area---

It was a requirement of mine when we finished the basement. We had been living in the house for almost 8 years with an unfinished basement that I used half of. Then we decided to finish it, with my workshop/space in mind and a sink was a MUST (we already had the rough piping in so it was pretty easy) . I love it. I love it even more when it's clean and organized. Like once every 6 months or so for about a week. LOL 

• Like 2

It was a requirement of mine when we finished the basement. We had been living in the house for almost 8 years with an unfinished basement that I used half of. Then we decided to finish it, with my workshop/space in mind and a sink was a MUST (we already had the rough piping in so it was pretty easy) . I love it. I love it even more when it's clean and organized. Like once every 6 months or so for about a week. LOL 

Wish I'd thought of that at the time we were building, actually the work area itself was a last minute thought, but glad I have that now

I won't show you my work rooms but I have a sink also and a stove top and a separate room that I store more oils, containers, molds and bunch of stuff I no longer use!  My turkey fryer and 3 presto pots stay in my work room and I also have an electric griddle I keep pour pots on warming 

Edited by grama
  • Like 1

I won't show you my work rooms but I have a sink also and a stove top and a separate room that I store more oils, containers, molds and bunch of stuff I no longer use!  My turkey fryer and 3 presto pots stay in my work room and I also have an electric griddle I keep pour pots on warming 

I actually hate the hot plate I'm using for a stove top, whether I heat directly or indirectly, it takes FOREVER to do what I want it to do.  I wish I had an actual stove top instead.