Feather Palm pillars

Jcandleattic

I love the look of feather palm wax! Those are lovely. If I ever do start making palm pillars again I want to try out feather and the hard to find tortoiseshell.

Was it Topofmurrayhill that cut the palm pillars in half and posted them? Did you see those pics? They were maybe 4-5 yrs back. Its fascinating the type of circular holes left in the wax as it shrank. He made the pillars without poking relief holes to demonstrate how the wax formed its pockets. They were cool.

I love the look of feather palm wax! Those are lovely. If I ever do start making palm pillars again I want to try out feather and the hard to find tortoiseshell.

Was it Topofmurrayhill that cut the palm pillars in half and posted them? Did you see those pics? They were maybe 4-5 yrs back. Its fascinating the type of circular holes left in the wax as it shrank. He made the pillars without poking relief holes to demonstrate how the wax formed its pockets. They were cool.

Yes, I saw that. Poking relief holes in the palm waxes SUCKS too. It's the only part of palm pillars I don't like. LOL 

I think I have about 25lbs of the tortoiseshell palm, and I also have about 55lbs of the feather palm still to work with. LOVE THEM

ETA: I meant to add, thank you! These pillars are just little 3x3.5's. 

My favorite size round pillar is the 3x6. They are the easiest to wick for me. :) 

Edited by Jcandleattic
  • Like 1