Bath Melts Anyone?

7 Pawz

I have made them but then quickly stopped - ONLY because I don't take baths, I only shower. I mean I could take a bath I guess, but for me it's just not comfortable or relaxing like it is for many people, so it was hard to test them. And if I couldn't test them, there was no sense for me to make them. 

However, I ALWAYS get asked about them. 

Give them a go! They are very popular. :) 

Guest OldGlory

Bath Truffles are what I made. Cocoa butter, citric acid, fragrance - maybe some baking soda or something. I bought very cute silicone molds for chocolate candlies and I wrapped the truffles in foil candy wrappers. I labeled them Bath Truffles.

I didn't sell many but I loved using them myself. They sort of fizzed out and dispersed the cocoa butter in the hot water. Hated having to scrub the tub after each use.

Thanks everyone for your replies :) I might try making them, as I do love my relaxation time:), but I'd like to come up with a very simple, but inexpensive ingredient list, I've got some plastic molds that would be perfect for these.  They would be for personal use, but I don't know if what I'd come up with would be worth scrubbing the tub for :laugh2:

Check the archives, because I think Bunny posted a tutorial in there. 

I did a search and came up with 2 recipes that were supposed to Bunny's melts, one was here on the forum, the other was a google search, There was a difference in the amount of ingreients between the two, so I think I'll try the one I found here.

Go with the one you found here. Wondering about that Google search. It was a Candle Tech archive was it? The original would have been here I believe. 

Actually, it was 2 google searches and one led here, I don't think I used the search section the right way, I checked archives, maybe I used the wrong term

No idea, but I might think about truffle sizes so it's used and gone and not sitting around. 

good point.  I've not made these before, so I don't know that I 'll like the results---its just something I wanted to try.