Pure Fragrance Oils

ProudMarineMom

Just got an email from PFO.  It says they are surprised by the low interest in the Moonworks oil and they realize that some have been duped by other companies.  So, they are going to make the oils Special Order and if there is enough interest in a particular fragrance, they will add to the normal line.

Also, they are now the owners of Snowdrift Farms fragrances.  They have had requests for Satsuma and Oakmoss Sandalwood and are taking all requests.  Their goal is to bring in one or two fragrances a month.  Never had the opportunity to try their fragrance oils.  Only ordered from them once or twice before he closed the business.

I think it would have been better if when Moonworks had gone out it would have been more organized instead of in a huff and this company could have been introduced etc.   Everyone was left scampering because of the way it went down I think, so they did what they thought to do.

I also received the same email. I wonder if there may be coops in the future for some of the MW FO's. The minimums for the scents are 5-10lbs. I know I do not need that much any one scent.

Co-ops from the forum here or PFO?.  At this point, the most I would buy of any scent would probably be two pounds.  But, I started looking for different fragrances elsewhere when she was OOS of most things there for a while.  Around the time she reorganized her business a bit.

Lorelei, I agree.  It was like one minute she was having a pre-buy and the next going out of business.  I really liked Rhonda, she always answered my questions quickly and shipping costs were pretty good.

I use several FOs from PFO because they work so great in CP and my candles. I'm just not really expecting them to start carrying any of MW's oils other than what the have already. Will just have to wait and see. Like others, I don't buy more than a lb or 2 at a time. 5-10 lbs is way too much for me.

I'm curious about the Satsuma.  I've searched and searched for a replacement for the Satsuma Guava that I used to get from Scent Works. I've tried the Satsuma from RE, and it's good but not what I want.

Co-ops from the forum here or PFO?. At this point, the most I would buy of any scent would probably be two pounds. But, I started looking for different fragrances elsewhere when she was OOS of most things there for a while. Around the time she reorganized her business a bit.

Lorelei, I agree. It was like one minute she was having a pre-buy and the next going out of business. I really liked Rhonda, she always answered my questions quickly and shipping costs were pretty good.

Yes coop here. If they was a FO that several were interested in that may be a way for us to get 1-2lbs of a FO that we normally would not need 5-10lbs of. Just a thought ;-)

It makes me sad because there was so many that I still had not tried and several that I currently use and am not sure will ever be carried by PFO.

I wonder why they believe there is not enough interest in the MW FO's?any of us purchased them as I'm sure many others did. I wonder if a major portion of Rhonda' clientele does not know that PFO are now the new owners of the MW collection. Hmmm?

Edited by jackbenimble

Either that or just finding fragrance oils from different suppliers to use instead. Same thing is happening with Scent Works.

That really is a shame and that makes me leery of trying these smaller suppliers. I don't want to find a FO I love as well as my customers only to have them go bye bye. That's why I'm trying to keep with the bigger suppliers so I know I can always get my FO when I need them.

Either that or just finding fragrance oils from different suppliers to use instead.  Same thing is happening with Scent Works.

Yes, I wonder exactly what is happening with SW? Closed for a month, emails bounce, phone disconnected, wth? I didn't use that many scents from them, but the couple I did use I loved!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone- I just wanted to post this update. I recently talked with one of the new owners of PFO(I cannot remember her name) and we talked about 45min on the recent email and many concerns that have come up in regards to the Moonworks FO. They are aware that other companies have been duping the oils. I had expressed concern that the minimum for many of the MW oils were too high for me personally to purchase as were for many others. 

Here is an excerpt from an email that many of you may have recieved.

We've received feedback regarding Moonworks Collection fragrances. Many of you need these fragrances for your upcoming holiday shows. We've also received request for smaller sizes. We've listened to your concerns and we have added smaller sizes.  We are offering 8oz - 5lb sizes on these fragrances.  Since we have been able to work out better pricing, we are passing the savings on to you.  All of Moonworks fragrances have been reduced considerably. 

We still need to meet a minimum of 10-25lbs on these fragrances. The minimums required are listed under each fragrance. Once the minimum is met, the fragrance will be ordered, and the ETA will be posted on the home page. The sales of these fragrances will determine if they will be added to our regular line.  So, please spread the word and let others know.

Also, we've had request for the following fragrances: Sugar Cookie Royale, Moon Harvest, Flower Burst, Fall Festival, Merlin Forest, Fairy Garden, and Rowan.  We want to dupe these fragrances, so if anyone has some that they're wiling to part with, please contact us so we can make arrangements.   

Thanks again to all the customers who provided us with feedback. We appreciate you. 

I have several of these FO and have told them I would send them an ounce so they could send it off to be duped. It was my understanding that Rhonda didnot give PFO these specific FO in the purchase of her company. 

Anyway, I was just passing the info along here as I know many of you use MW oils. I hope that more people start to order so they bring in these FO to stay. 

Edited by jackbenimble

I'm curious about the Satsuma.  I've searched and searched for a replacement for the Satsuma Guava that I used to get from Scent Works. I've tried the Satsuma from RE, and it's good but not what I want.

Luci, I, too, loved Satsuma from Scentworks but I also loved Snowdrift's, which I had tried first --the two are very similar.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to buy from them but their minimums have kept from being able to do so- I had a cart full and everyone of them they had to send me a refund because not enough people ordered....so I went to FB

They offer a lot of her fragrances in stock at all sizes all the time and I have already began the testing process of them

I hope they can have success in getting orders because they are great people that actually bought the company but when you have to have a certain amount of an FO in order to order and stock it....it hurts business- people with a certain line of fragrances cannot bank on being able to get them this way

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 1

I would love to buy from them but their minimums have kept from being able to do so- I had a cart full and everyone of them they had to send me a refund because not enough people ordered....so I went to FB

They offer a lot of her fragrances in stock at all sizes all the time and I have already began the testing process of them

I hope they can have success in getting orders because they are great people that actually bought the company but when you have to have a certain amount of an FO in order to order and stock it....it hurts business- people with a certain line of fragrances cannot bank on being able to get them this way

I completely agree with you moonshine. I had practically the same thing. Had almost all the fragrances in my cart and they refunded my money because not enough people purchased. I'm sending them samples of a few of the scents they did not get in the buyout of Rhonda' formulas.

Sugar cookie royal- the best sugar cookie I've tried.

Merlin's Forest- I don't care for this scent and have an 8oz bottle so I'm sending them an ounce to dupe.

Harvest Moon- I call this one Baking Spices and it sells well for me in the fall

Flower Burst- I have a sample of this and am sending it to them because I'm not very interested in it.

Fall Festival- I really loved this scent but didn't do well for me in soy. I don't have a sample to send them but maybe someone else does.

Fairy Garden- I bought a pound right before MW closed and am sending PFO a sample. Pretty scent. Never tested it yet in candle. Looks like a wicker upper to me ;-) Tarts great!!

Rowan- I do to have this one but maybe they will get it from another person who had an ounce to spare.

Anyway that's the ones they need to dupe. I have Mornjng Sunrise and it soaps great but in soy candles very light HT. Wonder if they need that one? hmmm...

I have tested the fairy garden and sugar cookie and lavender sage and sea witch so far out of the FB dupes- MW fairy garden was a bugger to wick but the FB version is much easier and it's a great scent in soy- the other ones are so similar that a customer would not be able to tell the difference but there is depth missing that I think only MW users recognize but not enough to compromise the scent

I will be curious to try PFO when they have them and I hope more people order so they can keep stock- I had talked with her several times and she is so nice and I think a little disappointed they didn't take off so great with MW oils but I explained to her also it's hard to depend on getting an oil if minimums have to be met- didn't Rhonda do a lot of this as well with many oils- a prebuy where a certain amount had to met to get it? But she did have a lot in stock at most times so maybe here were for special pricing...idk

• 2 weeks later...

Where do the suppliers get the FO from? I have seen websites that advertise pure 100% uncut. Is that different than what I get from CS? Is that what CS and others do is cut the FO they buy in bulk to make more??

Suppliers get their oils from chemical/fragrance manufacturers. Some manufacturers, like The Candlemaker's Store and Fragrance Buddy, are also suppliers.

Flair, most of your well known, larger suppliers are going to offer pure oils. I know back in the day there were folks selling supplies on Ebay that diluted the oils with a base oil as a way to maximize their profits. You will find the more you get into this hobby that many suppliers have the same fragrances but with different names. You usually find out the hard way by buying a FO from one supplier and realizing you already have the same scent, with a different name, from a different supplier.