Hints for pillars

Guest OldGlory

I know that sounded like a really dumb question, lol..... :rolleyes:

I guess a dark top to a light bottom would not really look that good!!

No, it didn't. People who don't work with pillars, or make them, probably don't know. 

There are no "dumb" questions. If you don't know, ask. It's the only way you learn! :) 

And a dark top to a light bottom could look good, it just looks better (IMO) with light to dark - like an Ombre effect. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Terry, no particular reason other than I am lazy and used only one presto pot so the first bit in the mold was without dye.  Then a little added for the next, then a little different for the next, and on to a bit more.  Eventually it gets dark.

I suppose if you wanted to have multiple presto pots, you could mix it up a bit.  It was just easier for me to start out white and add for each pour.

Edit:  and just put the mold on an angle and let it cool for a minute, then move it to another angle and cool, then add, rotate, angle, cool.... rinse repeat.  That's how you get the waves of the ocean.

- Eric

Edited by EricofAZ
  • Like 1

When you are making tilted layers I use dried beans in a square plastic container.  That helps to keep the mold steady, worked better for me than trying to prop it on something.  Always afraid it would turn over!

I use sand to keep my molds tilted and stable...I live in Florida. lol. It works great :)