Mad Oils....now VA Candle Supply.....I smell resellers

number2of7

The more I read about Mad Oils, the more I'm convinced they're simply changing the names and reselling.  One of their scents smells like Cracklin' Birch?  I wonder why....

I stumbled across VA Candle Supply while looking for Tennessee's website (I always have to Google it) -- anyway, they have one called God's Love, which is oddly an NG original fragrance!  At least they call it the same thing so there's not really anything misleading.....unless you're not familiar with NG oils.

I smell resellers.....

On the first sniff, Smoke & Mirrors does smell similar to Cracklin' Birch but has more and deeper undertones and is a much richer scent. When you smell them side by side they are similar but do smell different. 

I honestly do not think JoAnn would mislead anyone by just renaming and reselling scents. 

I mean I'm sure a lot of FO suppliers get scents from the same manufactures, but have them change the scent up just enough to be unique.  

JMO

• Like 1

Mad Oils....They discontinued their 4 oz mica jars, and replaced them with 3oz that cost more than the original 4oz. My cart was full,and I planned to purchase that afternoon. My cart was emptied out, without an email, or anything,  no longer available.

I just don't buy their reason of our supplier raised the prices, since they were already selling what was in my cart. This left me less than pleased. They may be a great company, but I don't like the way this was handled, and for the short term do not plan on purchasing anything from them. I was mostly interested in the mica, the oils were not anything that I would be interested in.

I was on the site shopping, I may have left for a couple of minutes to check my email, but I normally just open another window in my browser, it was about a month ago. I know that it happened while I was shopping. I just thought that it could have been handled better than it was. The excuse for raising the prices didn't match my experience. I'm sure that others may be happy with this company, I'm not saying they aren't a good company, but as a consumer they lost my business.

Guest OldGlory

On the first sniff, Smoke & Mirrors does smell similar to Cracklin' Birch but has more and deeper undertones and is a much richer scent. When you smell them side by side they are similar but do smell different. 

I honestly do not think JoAnn would mislead anyone by just renaming and reselling scents. 

I mean I'm sure a lot of FO suppliers get scents from the same manufactures, but have them change the scent up just enough to be unique.  

JMO

Absolutely, suppliers get their oils from a small group of manufacturers. There aren't that many fragrance manufacturers.

I don't know a thing about either of the suppliers mentioned above.

If you left the website for a minute to check your email I am not surprised you lost your shopping cart. Same thing if you spent too long a time on the cart or it was inactive for a while. That has to do with the shopping cart features and many do drop you for any or all of those reasons. Happened to me many times so when I shop I stay focused on what I need and finish before I do something else.

• Like 1

I am aware that that happens on many sites, howerer, that was not the case in this situation, I called them to dicuss the issue. The items had been in my for a day or two with no changes. They made a corporate decision to discontinue the 4 ounce size of mica.  and remove everything from their site and take a few days to relist each mica in the 3 ounce size; at a much higher cost. I don't have a problem with this, it is there merchandise and they can charge whatever they decide to, I just feel that they were less than transparent in the way it was handled. They were good about communicating with me, and I am sure they have great customer service, just left a bad feeling for me.

You mean your items stayed in the shopping cart for a couple days. That is weird. Well that would be frustrating. They should have notified you the same day. That would have been the right thing to do. Sounds like someone dropped the ball on that one. So sorry that happened to you.

I have never had a company contact me when an item was changed, discontinued, sold out or whatever if i had something sitting in my cart.

Dealing with micas myself directly from manufacturers, the prices fluctuate, sometimes wildly in the same week depending on many factors. I could get a quote on Moday, cut a purchase order on Weds and the price can double or triple.

I can't possibly hold Mad Oils, a reseller, responsible for that, and surely would not be upset with them for changing sizes. Had you purchased the 4 oz when you put them in your cart you would have scored a deal. You snooze, you lose sometimes.

• Like 2