Daystar Lush dupes -- strong enough for tarts??

number2of7

• Have you got particular ones in mind? I have a few of the dupes, not a lot. I'm also straight paraffin, but that should offer a little clue. I have to sort out what ones I have -- Karma, the one that imitates Sex Bomb I believe and then Rock Star. I might have others. Will have to look. All of them are targeted to be in wax. Karma has been there as a booster for AH's Karma Sutra, which I felt was too light. It was OK, but it was only to try to give some life to the KS not overtake it. 

Mmmm I think DS goes with a pretty good strength. I just can't tell you on the ones you mentioned if they're worth the expense for tarts. In what I have that would resemble a comparison OOB only is that DS has more depth than FB in her fragrances. That isn't going to be that helpful to you. I'd say try a sample and judge. Your wax is going to be different than what I use presently and that always has an affect (I think), but I detect more depth out of the DS FOs in general compared to most of the ones from FB. 

It feels easier (at least on a pocketbook) when DS has sales, which are not often. 

Edited by Scented
  • Like 1

I recently used Jungle by Lush in tarts .  I use 60/40  6006 and 25.   I put  1.5 for 1 Lb oz .  I then tried 8 oz with 1 oz .  Maybe itt is just my blend but it was not as strong as it seemed it would just sifffing the bottle.  Not that noticible in the room.

Karen

Yeah, Scented, even their sample prices are steep.  I wanted to just take the plunge and order a pound of each ... just don't want to be stuck with duds :\  It would help if I had ever tried Lush products.  Even if I order from DS, I still won't know if they're exact.  Sigh.  I suppose if this is my worst problem of the day, I'm doing okay ;)  thanks!

Personally for me, there isn't a scent out there worth $30 a lb. Not a Fragrance Oil anyway. I'm afraid I will have to stop crafting when the time comes that everyone goes that route. So far my favorite suppliers for the scents I carry are sill around or below the $20 mark. Even the ones that are slightly more than $20 I have to really think if I absolutely need them in my line before paying that + shipping.