Wicking the large 20 oz tureen jar.

Hello Tracey,

No I havent.....I just replaced the 750 wicks to 2 #765 wicks.  I just wished I had more than 1 jar to test a couple at the same time.  This is taking forever! lol  Working with 1 jar.

How is your tureen coming along?  Are the 2 eco 6's doing good?

Trappeur

2nd burn did well, only tested for 3 hours that time. Just lit it for the 3rd burn. Love this jar! I'll be on the hunt for them soon.

Wow, that  is a really nice burn with those 2 eco 6's.

What I did per Old Glorys suggestion is try 2 Premier 765's instead of 2  755's that I was going to do after I pulled the 750's and wow mine did great too.

Only thing is I didn't have the 765's anchored down and one of the wicks fell over but it did beautiful.  Looked just like your wicks Tracy, melt pool and all.

Well I'm ordering a package of wicks today and a few other sizes too since so I can finish my testing.  Then the candle can cure some too as there was no throw with mine as it had only sat 2 days b/4 I lit it.

Please post when  your done if you have decided on this wick.

Trappeur

Just a sec.... I may be going senile and perhaps missed it, but you aren't both using the same wax, correct?  I thought that you, Trappeur, used a soy wax, whereas you, Chandler, use a paraffin combo.   "Confuzzed" here, lol

What's new with your confuzzion, HEEHEE!  I'm using 464 in the tureen, 4627/4786 in madisons, Palm in status. But of course that could change at any minute. i'm not the one that does parasoy.

Thank-you again, it is so beautiful!

Wow, that  is a really nice burn with those 2 eco 6's.

What I did per Old Glorys suggestion is try 2 Premier 765's instead of 2  755's that I was going to do after I pulled the 750's and wow mine did great too.

Only thing is I didn't have the 765's anchored down and one of the wicks fell over but it did beautiful.  Looked just like your wicks Tracy, melt pool and all.

Well I'm ordering a package of wicks today and a few other sizes too since so I can finish my testing.  Then the candle can cure some too as there was no throw with mine as it had only sat 2 days b/4 I lit it.

Please post when  your done if you have decided on this wick.

Trappeur

The depth & width of the MP is slowing down due to hardening & curing. Ht isn't overwhelming either now so may need to go up. Have to wait & see.

Just a sec.... I may be going senile and perhaps missed it, but you aren't both using the same wax, correct?  I thought that you, Trappeur, used a soy wax, whereas you, Chandler, use a paraffin combo.   "Confuzzed" here, lol

lol, Ravens, .....I use 464......I used to use c3 but changed last year to 464.

In this tureen we both are using 464 but using different wicks.

Trappeur

lol, Ravens, .....I use 464......I used to use c3 but changed last year to 464.

In this tureen we both are using 464 but using different wicks.

Trappeur

Thank you, Trappeur.  My poor old head was spinning! :laugh2:

Chandler, you're very welcome.  Sounds like you're having fun.  And yep, you're right, it is a beautiful looking container!

Edited by Ravens
  • Like 1