I'm prepping - what are you doing?

So, today has become a prep day instead of a "make" day. 

Sometimes I wish I had a fairy that would come in and prep everything for me. LOL 

So far I have wicked 5 cases of containers, prepped 20 molds, organized my tart molds, and picked out my scents. 

Not sure I'll get to pouring or not because I also have to cut wax, do laundry, and clean... 

HMPF

What has your Sunday been like? 

• Like 1

Today I skipped market cause I woke up with a backache and stiffness. So I am lounging today and currently eating some ice cream to self soothe. Later I will take a nice catnap with my fur buddy. Trying not to think of how busy the rest of my week will be..

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

I was going to start my next order today but decided not to. With the heat we're having, I only melt wax in the morning and I stayed in bed this am and watched Sunday Morning on CBS. Love that show! Tomorrow I'll get up early and start the wax melting while I take my pup to the park for a walk. Sometimes a girl just needs a day off from candlemaking!

I did my orders in the Candle Cave....ackkk...and felt like I was melting....couldn't wait to get back into the air conditioning. Staying in too...I brought all my orders inside with me. So not going back out into the cave today... :) Getting ready to eat a burger and chips. :)

I got all my wax cut - all 180lbs of it.

Just for reference I use J-50 or what used to be J-50 - I and cut it up into 1lbs blocks out of the 60lb cases - I cut the 3 cases I had left,

I think I got 15-20 cases when Peak carried it for a very brief period of time .

And now I was down to 3 cases and have now cut that all up. 

Once this starts running low - couple months or so (I'm really not very big time at all) I will have to find a new source for the IGI4636 and also pay shipping on it. It just makes me ill to think about it. 

If Peak carried it - no shipping costs and that really helped with my profit margin. 

I keep going back and forth with myself if I should just buy a pallet, and be done with it, but that is a HUGE expense, a lot of wax especially since I'm only small time here... IDK something to keep thinking about I guess... 

Gosh J-50 brings back old memories, as does J-223. Old school waxes that colored beautifully and were pretty easy to wick (hated the sooting and shrooms). Shipping is such a killer to the bottom line. Buy the pallet and don't look back.

Steve

Luckily I get very very little soot with my wicking, but my wicks do shroom out more often than I like, but I LOVE this wax. I've been working with it for going on 14 years, and I HATE change. Hate it, which is why when this was the first container wax I worked with, I stuck with it. LOL I've tried others of course, (Never liked the J223 and hated the repour aspect of the 4786) but I always end up coming back to the J50. 

Maybe I can call Peak and ask if I could have them order me a pallet and sell it to me? Worth a shot I guess... LOL 

I love J-50. Well actually I love the throw from J-223 much better but hated repours on the large jars. But found if I stuck to smaller jars I could use it without the dreaded repour. Paraffin wax just got too expensive for me. I can get palm for much less and still have the great throw I miss from my beloved J-waxes. But you know, some FOs just don't smell the same in soy or palm the way they do in a great paraffin.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

Luckily I get very very little soot with my wicking, but my wicks do shroom out more often than I like, but I LOVE this wax. I've been working with it for going on 14 years, and I HATE change. Hate it, which is why when this was the first container wax I worked with, I stuck with it. LOL I've tried others of course, (Never liked the J223 and hated the repour aspect of the 4786) but I always end up coming back to the J50. 

Maybe I can call Peak and ask if I could have them order me a pallet and sell it to me? Worth a shot I guess... LOL 

Love J50, it was the first wax I tried that I had good luck with as far as scent throw, hot or cold, but since I'm just a hobbyist, i don't get it that often, but it is my go to wax.

Today I've got to get back to making soap. I am so low on stock and the craft shows start up next month and I'm not ready!! The good news is that the reason I am so low is because my wholesale accounts have picked up and wiped me out.

Same here - not about the wholesale, but about running low on soap and my shows start the first weekend in October... I'm already seriously behind...