Liquid dye

For candles - usually any candle making supplier - but there are many out there - here are a few:

Peak Candle, BCN, NG, Lonestar, Candles & Supplies, Candle Science, Aztec, 

That's just a few and some from right off the top of my head - there are many others out there as well... 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

do you know if any of these quality liquid dye providers are based in Europe? Or for that matter could anyone suggest providers in Europe?

Who do you get supplies from? They should have dyes I would think. The companies mentioned are state side, but I would think suppliers would carry in Europe. 

Who do you get supplies from? They should have dyes I would think. The companies mentioned are state side, but I would think suppliers would carry in Europe. 

I dont. Looking for various suppliers to start making candles and there are no universal suppliers in my country, so I have to look for items separately at reasonable price. When purchasing outside EU, orders above 26$ are subject to VAT tax and customs taxes and procedures (pain in a sticking place). Currently stuck with dyes. Cost to dye (or whiten) 1kg of parrafin wax from EU suppliers I've found is 1.5$(2.6$)/kg which is unreasonable compared to USA prices.

OK. So there might be some suppliers who will ship from here to there for you but I don't know who they are at the moment. 

Does the European Candle Association list any suppliers there or have you looked there? 

There's a Global Wax Solution out of Germany

There's thecandlemakingshop.co.uk

4candles.co.uk 

Wish I could be more helpful, but I need to get to work. 

• 2 months later...

With liquid dyes, I've had the best luck with consistent coloring when I melt as large of a batch as possible (read nearly a whole slab in a presto) and dye the whole batch (no FO) then portion it out. Saves time when I make the candles, too, as I only have to add scent when making the candles.

The thing to think about here is variances in a drop is drastically different if it is 1 drop per 8 lbs vs 1/2 drop per 1 lb.

Edited by bmwnfun