So...what is everyone pouring and/or testing this weekend?

denetteb

I know this makes me a Nosy Rosy...but I just love hearing about what others are pouring and testing!

A couple of weeks ago, I poured a handful of candles and I have begun to test them and plan to continue to test this weekend.   I use 4627 wax and HTP wicks.  I am quite new to candle making and only make for myself.  This is what I am testing:

4 oz. Mason jar (the squat ones)

• BCN Buttercream Crunch - have not lit this one yet, but am very excited to as the CT is quite nice
  • AHRE Blueberry Muffin (SnC) - I have made melts and b&b with this FO, but never candles.  The CT is very strong.  I didn't care for the melts that I made with this one because I felt that the fragrance burned off too quick.  I am hoping that I can get better longevity with a candle.

8 oz. Square Mason jar

• CS Apple Harvest - I made a 4 oz. mason of this one last year and LOVE LOVE LOVED it!!  I have a ridiculous number of apple FOs (I am on the hunt for a dupe of Salt City Candle's Baked Apple - have not found it yet), and this one is my favorite so far!  I need to get this in a larger size.
  • ICS Bear Claws - very nice in the melts that I made, and great CT
  • FB Pumpkin Pecan Waffles - I am burning this one now and OH WOW!  I don't even have a full melt pool yet and I can smell it all throughout my top and middle levels of my home.  I have not sniffed the BBW version of this scent, but I quite like this one!  
  • DS Sweet Pumpkin - I think this will be the next one I light as I am curious about the HT...CT is good.  If it performs well, I plan to use it in my blends (thinking of blending it with cinnamon bun and dupe BBW's Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll...yum)!

Mini Aluminum Loaf Pan

• DS Peach Jam Cheesecake - I burned this one yesterday and really liked it!  The HT was very good!  I don't detect a lot of cheesecake in this one, but more of a smooth coconut note with sweet peach jam.  When I poured all these candles, I poured this one right after CS Apple Harvest and my kitchen smelled amazing!  I want to try blending these two together to get an apples and peaches scent.
  • DS Blackberry Jam Butter Cookie - the HT and CT on this one was great, however, I just don't think this fragrance is for me.  I LOVE all things foodie, but there is something about this one that I just don't like.  I wish I could put my finger on what it is....

BBW Small 4 oz. jar (I cleaned a couple out to reuse)

• AHRE Kettle Corn - hands down the best kettle corn fragrance I have tried...so yummy!!  I have not tested the candle yet, but in melts it performs wonderfully!  

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

• Like 3

I'll be making up 10-15 candy corn pillars for my October shows, then just random Fall/Christmas scents in containers and pillars for all my upcoming fall/Christmas shows. 

Need to find my mold sealer. I cannot find it anywhere for the life of me and I KNOW I didn't use it all. I hope I didn't throw it out. 

It's not a 100% necessity, but it sure helps.. 

I'll also be making quite a few batches of fall/Christmas soaps so they have time to cure before my shows as well... 

That's about it for me... 

For my personal use, I poured some scents for Fall/Winter...we don't actually have seasons (Phoenix) but I try and pretend anyway. Here is what I poured...

Peak Holiday Festival

Peak Pear Spice

Peak Peppermint Kiss

ICS Bear Claws

CS Apple Harvest

CS Wildberry Mousse

Lemon Marshmellow

Winter's Whiskers (my blend of Mistletoe, Sugar Cookie, and Very Vanilla)

Guest OldGlory

I will be finishing one order tomorrow and starting another on Sunday. This is my busy time of the year.

Sunday I get to put BCN's Perfect Pumpkin WYW in wax for a client and I look forward to that scent lingering in the air all day!! Another of my fall faves will go in wax - Cranberry Spice from BCS. This is a such a great scent all the way thru the holidays.

And I just had a small order from someone at work who loves Mulberry and everyone she's purchased from in years past eliminated the scent from their lineup. It's not a super popular scent, but it has a very loyal following. This one comes from Aztec, and it has a cold throw that cannot be beaten.

Ha! I wish I could pour more, but till Thursday I'm socked with a major project at work ... HOWEVER!! I may actually get to enjoy most of a three-day weekend come Labor Day weekend this year. I could almost faint! I usually have to work those kind of weekends. 

I know when I get to pour I will have to find something that will follow Pink Sangria nicely. Perhaps Peak's sugared peaches should get a trial run. 

Rustic Lodge and White Sage and Golden Opium are musts to get done when I get done with this project, I know that much. So, too, is Balsam Citrus. 

For my personal use, I poured some scents for Fall/Winter...we don't actually have seasons (Phoenix) but I try and pretend anyway. Here is what I poured...

Peak Holiday Festival

Peak Pear Spice

Peak Peppermint Kiss

ICS Bear Claws

CS Apple Harvest

CS Wildberry Mousse

Lemon Marshmellow

I really like all of these that you mentioned...and your blends sound great!  I poured Peaks Holiday Festival last year and really enjoyed it. I plan to make another one this year.

I will be finishing one order tomorrow and starting another on Sunday. This is my busy time of the year.

Sunday I get to put BCN's Perfect Pumpkin WYW in wax for a client and I look forward to that scent lingering in the air all day!! Another of my fall faves will go in wax - Cranberry Spice from BCS. This is a such a great scent all the way thru the holidays.

And I just had a small order from someone at work who loves Mulberry and everyone she's purchased from in years past eliminated the scent from their lineup. It's not a super popular scent, but it has a very loyal following. This one comes from Aztec, and it has a cold throw that cannot be beaten.

I have yet to put Perfect Pumpkin into wax, but I am thinking that I need to get on that.  I have heard so much good about it.  Perhaps I should plan a mini session for this weekend.  Hmmm....

Ha! I wish I could pour more, but till Thursday I'm socked with a major project at work ... HOWEVER!! I may actually get to enjoy most of a three-day weekend come Labor Day weekend this year. I could almost faint! I usually have to work those kind of weekends. 

I know when I get to pour I will have to find something that will follow Pink Sangria nicely. Perhaps Peak's sugared peaches should get a trial run. 

Rustic Lodge and White Sage and Golden Opium are musts to get done when I get done with this project, I know that much. So, too, is Balsam Citrus. 

Oooh, I am quite interested to hear what you think about sugared peaches.  I have it on my to purchase list the next time I make a peaks order.

Peak Holiday Festival

Peak Pear Spice

Peak Peppermint Kiss

ICS Bear Claws

CS Apple Harvest

CS Wildberry Mousse

Lemon Marshmellow

I'm glad to hear you are pouring Holiday Festival. I read some not so good reviews on the Peak site.

I really wanted to like BCN Perfect Pumkin but I can't. I have a 4oz bottle that I will never use. Maybe I can blend it with something.

As for me I am done making all my candles for the craft show season. 47 cases worth! I'm sure I'll make a case or two more of some scents but hopefully I've planned ahead this year well.

My fall scents are Mac Apple, Butternut Pumpkin, Sage & Cinnamon, Coffee Shoppe, Orange Cranberry Scone, & Maple Bacon ;-)

• Like 2

I have been itching to pour some of the 24 samples that I got at Rustic Escentuals!  I use 16 oz. and 8 oz. jelly jars with 4630 wax and HTP wicks.  Here is what I poured:

I was getting ready to pour 2 lbs of Carrot cake since I got an order, so I pulled what I thought were orange chips and half a brown chip - so as I started to stir, I found that the color was green - not a bright green, but a hunter green and mixed with the brown it was a color that I was NOT HAPPY with!!!!!!  What to do????  I did not have a lot of wax and I wanted to pour as many of the samples I could, so I poured half the mixture into another pour pot, added a bright green chip and used that with Exotic Twilight  in the other pot I added a black chip and I used Black Velvet with that.  Exotic Twilgiht turned out to be a dark mossy green and the Black Velvet was a deep grey - both smelled awesome

Exotic Twilight

Black Velvet

Monkey Bread

White Nectarine

Ligonberry Wreath

Clean Green

Kimono Flower

Sunkissed Leaves

Rustic Lodge

Velvet Cassia

Redwood

Black Oak & Currant

Rosewood & Musk

Frozen

Calabrian Bergamot & Violet

So many are so good - I can't wait to see how they burn.  My house was a cacophony of smells!  Happy pouring!

Great question Dennette and wishing everyone including you a great weekend too! Tomorrow I will be pouring orders for Harvest, Hillbilly Homebrew, Woodland Breeze and Papaya and White Tea Leaf. :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

Anyone for neon pink soap? :laugh2: I decide to make a small batch of cp soap about 2ks back, used Lebermuth tuber rose. I was aiming for a MILD pink, so I tried 1/4 t of NEON red , thinking I had a small enough addition of dye to 3lbs of soap WRONG *shudder* should've been a pinch of it. The dye is a liquid pigment, duh, don't know where my mind was, as it cured in the mold it turned from a peach color, to a medium pink color, now it is neon pink :lol: oh well, lesson learned.   I now have some very tiny scoops to help me out with that.   Color is pretty tho.  The fo is not doing too well at this point, doesn't have much of a scent and I added about a tsp per lb of soap oils. 

Anyone for neon pink soap? :laugh2: I decide to make a small batch of cp soap about 2ks back, used Lebermuth tuber rose. I was aiming for a MILD pink, so I tried 1/4 t of NEON red , thinking I had a small enough addition of dye to 3lbs of soap WRONG *shudder* should've been a pinch of it. The dye is a liquid pigment, duh, don't know where my mind was, as it cured in the mold it turned from a peach color, to a medium pink color, now it is neon pink :lol: oh well, lesson learned.   I now have some very tiny scoops to help me out with that.   Color is pretty tho.  The fo is not doing too well at this point, doesn't have much of a scent and I added about a tsp per lb of soap oils. 

a tsp ppo is not very much. I usually use about 5% when soaping (depending on the IFRA suggestions) Rose of any kind I have found to be light anyway, so using less, well, would make it very weak indeed IMO. 

I love my neon colorants. They do have a learning curve though... :) 

a tsp ppo is not very much. I usually use about 5% when soaping (depending on the IFRA suggestions) Rose of any kind I have found to be light anyway, so using less, well, would make it very weak indeed IMO. 

I love my neon colorants. They do have a learning curve though... :)

Finding that out :biggrin: I love the colors tho, and thought they'd be my best bet for non-bleeding in cp or mp, although for the little amount of mp I make, I did order a few basics just for that.  Guess I'll increase my tuberrose the next time, it smells so good in the bottle:)

Edited by 7 Pawz

I've been trying to pour some of the sample oils I've been hoarding every day for the past couple of months.  I only do tarts now, no candles. 

NG - Kringleberry -- I actually like this one (haven't melted yet)

NG - Chocolovers type -- looking for non-foody chocolate scents....CT smells great

ICS - Strawberry Bread -- smells like strawberry muffins (HT was great, but didn't last long) -- gonna give it one more go (I like 2nd opinions to myself)

AH -- Black Velvet -- to weak for tarts, but still smells good.  May use this for b&b

AH -- Woolen Blanket -- too weak for tarts....bummer since OOB it smelled nice

NG - Peppermint Fluff -- this one is odd to me.  It smells like peppermint, candy, and gum all rolled into one.  Fills a room though.

I bought 60 samples from AH -- they're still sitting in the box....haven't even had time to open them yet :\