Fillmore Container (FMC)

Candybee

I make palm wax container candles and I used the nutmeg ginger at 6%. Sorry I don't know how it performs in soy. But I do know that they test their FOs in C3 wax and won't sell them unless they are throwers. I suppose you could call and ask what % they test at. Ask for Keith. He's the ofc mgr.

• Like 1

300 mile trip to Fillmore and Candlewic. It was definitely a long drive but it was great to sniff in person. I was not able to sniff much at candlewic as they were actually closing up when I got there. At Fillmore the creamy chai was great. I also loved the citrus spruce. Not a fall scent but the green apple and key lime were great, I picked up some of that. I thought the butterscotch pudding from CW was the best but I loved the butterscotch brûlée. Pineapple cilantro had more pineapple than cilantro. Though I did not get any because I had already spent way too much$ the warm vanilla Carmel was amazing.

Karen in MA

• Like 3

The Daffodil rocks in CP and palm wax.

I used to drink a lot of chai tea. Its a creamy iced tea with lots of spice. You know how people drink iced coffee? Well this is an iced tea, black tea I think, with lots of heavy cream, and spices like ginger, nutmeg, not sure what else. Very refreshing in the summer! Anyway, thats what it tastes like.

I don't think I've smelled FMC's creamy chai tea. I must have but have no memory. It's not one I was looking for at the time. But next time I am out there I will give it a sniff.

The Daffodil rocks in CP and palm wax.

I used to drink a lot of chai tea. Its a creamy iced tea with lots of spice. You know how people drink iced coffee? Well this is an iced tea, black tea I think, with lots of heavy cream, and spices like ginger, nutmeg, not sure what else. Very refreshing in the summer! Anyway, thats what it tastes like.

I don't think I've smelled FMC's creamy chai tea. I must have but have no memory. It's not one I was looking for at the time. But next time I am out there I will give it a sniff.

Yes, ginger also. It's good!!!!!!! I'll try the Daffodil in CP next. thanks!

Still waiting on my shipment!    I ordered from ICS several days later and I already have it.   Can't Wait!   How long does it usually take for shipping?  I ordered August 22.

Hmm, did you get a UPS shipping notice yet? I've placed two orders with them in August, each time I got a shipping notice the next day. The first shipment took 7 days (5 working days) to be delivered, the second one took 5 days (3 working days) to be delivered.  I hths!

I'm embarrassed to say I haven't tried much of their oils.  I need to after reading this post.  I used to get my c3 from them and shipping was really good all the way to Georgia b/4 I switched to 464.   The few scents I had tried I guess I just picked the wrong ones......I'll get an order together this week after reading this list.  It is a real nice company I will say to work with.  They used to send me free samples of jars too anytime I wanted to try something out...

Trappeur 

For some reason it arrived in my city on Friday and they are saying it won't be delivered until Wed!!   It is 102 here today and it is sitting in some hot truck or warehouse...ugh.   I don't know what on earth has happened but it is NOT Fillmore's issue it is UPS!

For some reason it arrived in my city on Friday and they are saying it won't be delivered until Wed!!   It is 102 here today and it is sitting in some hot truck or warehouse...ugh.   I don't know what on earth has happened but it is NOT Fillmore's issue it is UPS!

This is what I hate about UPS. If it arrived but was not shipped out on Friday it sits in a warehouse until the next work week. But why Wednesday? If its in town shouldn't you get it Tuesday?!!

I'm going through sort of the same thing right now with FedEx. Package got to a local FedEx facility on Saturday, since then the only update today shows it's been transferred to ANOTHER FedEx hub 20 miles away from the first (and definitely not 20 miles closer to me)! Not sure what's going on with these companies. :angry:

Candybee, on 03 Sept 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

So Mzpickles and Lorelei-- what FOs did you order?

Well, my first order was for the Christmas tree, some lids and a few samples, Creamy Chai Latte being one of them.  The Christmas Tree is a total winner, I poured a candle with the CCL last weekend and I do like it alot, but my ideal for a chai scent is that it be a tad more spicy than this one, the hot and cold throw is awesome though, I just wish that Cajun still had this fo available. :(

My second order was for Boston Rounds, the Creamy Chai Latte (larger amt) and samples of Nutmeg Ginger, Cedar Garland, Pumpkin Spice Chutney (this is all your fault Candybee! lol!) and Orange Pekoe Tea. Oob I ADORE the Pumpkiin Chutney, this is a truely unique pumpkin scent and I think I'll order more of it. I have not been able to give away anything pumpkin related to date (although it's one of my favorite scent families) so I'll see if the PSC tempts anyone. Thanks Candybee! :D

Edited by mzpickles
  • Like 2

Well, my first order was for the Christmas tree, some lids and a few samples, Creamy Chai Latte being one of them.  The Christmas Tree is a total winner, I poured a candle with the CCL last weekend and I do like it alot, but my ideal for a chai scent is that it be a tad more spicy than this one, the hot and cold throw is awesome though, I just wish that Cajun still had this fo available. :(

My second order was for Boston Rounds, the Creamy Chai Latte (larger amt) and samples of Nutmeg Ginger, Cedar Garland, Pumpkin Spice Chutney (this is all your fault Candybee! lol!) and Orange Pekoe Tea. Oob I ADORE the Pumpkiin Chutney, this is a truely unique pumpkin scent and I think I'll order more of it. I have not been able to give away anything pumpkin related to date (although it's one of my favorite scent families) so I'll see if the PSC tempts anyone. Thanks Candybee! :D

Told ya! LOL I have yet to get me some of the pumpkin spice chutney so I will order it next time. But when I smelled that in their showroom I knew it was a winner! It reminds me of mince meat pie with pumpkin in it. Very different pumpkin but very nice.

I don't think they had the orange pekoe tea the last time I was there or I don't remember it. But I do love tea scents and they smell so fresh to me.

Let me know what you think of the cedar garland. I have customers that go gaga over this. I sell it as a Christmas scent and change the name after the holidays.

Do you happen to have some Amish Harvest? Try mixing a little in with the creamy chai. That should spice it up.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 2

Oh boy yippie yippie!!  ordered the nutmeg ginger, creamy chai latte and the Christmas tree  and LOVE THEM ALL OOB!   Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You picked some good ones. I haven't tried the creamy chai I bet its yummy! I love latte and capucchino types but they just don't sell well for me.

I ordered the Patchouli, poured yesterday with Wild Raspberry (Peaks) as a tester.  Will burn over the w/e...smells great so far.  Also received samples of the Ginger and Nutmeg and Cedar Garland.  Did testers on these too, they smell scrumptious!  :)

Candybee, on 04 Sept 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

Told ya! LOL I have yet to get me some of the pumpkin spice chutney so I will order it next time. But when I smelled that in their showroom I knew it was a winner! It reminds me of mince meat pie with pumpkin in it. Very different pumpkin but very nice.

I don't think they had the orange pekoe tea the last time I was there or I don't remember it. But I do love tea scents and they smell so fresh to me.

Let me know what you think of the cedar garland. I have customers that go gaga over this. I sell it as a Christmas scent and change the name after the holidays.

Do you happen to have some Amish Harvest? Try mixing a little in with the creamy chai. That should spice it up.

I like the Cedar Garland oob, I can't wait to put it in wax!

And that's a good idea about spicing the Creamy Chai up with Amish Harvest, if the Fillmore chai ends up performing better for me in wax than the Candle Soylutions does then I might just do that. I looked on my tin of Starbuck's Chai tea bags, it says the ingrediants are black tea, ginger root, cinnamon, black pepper (?!), cardamom, star anise and cloves. Shouldn't be too hard to approximate the spicier aspects, except for the black pepper which I don't get! :D

Edited by mzpickles
  • Like 1

I ordered the Patchouli, poured yesterday with Wild Raspberry (Peaks) as a tester.  Will burn over the w/e...smells great so far.  Also received samples of the Ginger and Nutmeg and Cedar Garland.  Did testers on these too, they smell scrumptious!  :)

So you're saying you mixed the two together? Good idea!