Fillmore Container (FMC)

Candybee

Since we were discussing Fillmore's Christmas Tree FO in another thread I thought we should have a favorites thread just for Fillmore's FOs.

Here are some of my favs and some reviews:

Apple Jack & Peel - this one has a citrus 'bite' to it. Its a good oil for the fall but has a stronger citrus note than orange peel or apple that I would like

Bayberry Cinnamon - It has a strong bay leave note and is a bit medicinal to my nose, but it sells out every fall season.

Black Raspberry Vanilla - personally I prefer the CS version but never had any trouble selling this in candles. In CP soap it really sticks with no A&D and ladies loved it.

Butterscotch Brulee - every now and then a real winner comes along you just want to rave about. This throws like the dickens in wax and reminds me of those traditional butterscotch candies. Very buttery and butterscothee smelling. Yummy!!

Cedar Garland - I have been using this one for years and it sells like crazy. Its a wonderful blend of cedarwood and sandalwood, smoothe, woodsy, chrismasy. I sell a ton of this. I have also used it in M&P and it smells divine. I wouldn't be without it during the holiday season.

Cedarwood - very true to its name. I mix this with cinnamon for the holidays. In soy you need to let it cure at least 2-3 weeks then the woodsy notes pop. If you want that single note cedar this one is it.

Christmas Tree - The best Christmas Tree I have found to date. I think Trappeur describes it the best. Its a true balsam tree scent. Once I found this one I quit looking. Its the Christmas Tree I use for my candles and its a huge seller.

Cocoa Therapy - My absolute favorite chocolate scent out of all the chocolates I have smelled! if you love hot chocolate this one is a must have. It smells just like the Hershey's cocoa powder you buy at the store. Very true chocolate thats a bit sophisticated and upscale. Great in wax and M&P. I am dying to put this in CP but haven't yet. I expect it to discolor to a brown but that's the color I want anyway.

Cool Water - I have only put this in CP and was disappointed. Although it sticks in CP it reminds me of a sweet cardboard scent. My customers says it smells fresh and clean like a soap should. Have not used this in wax though so I can't give an accurate review of that.

Daffodil - OMG! This is a wonderful spring scent in both soap and candles! It smells like the real thing and customers always smile and go "awww!" when they smell the candle or soap with it. Its strong and true in wax and sticks like glue in CP and M&P. No A&D and soaps like a dream in a slow moving soap oil recipe. I had time to do a 3 color delicate swirl with this. another great seller in the springtime!!

Fresh Cut Grass - This version is a bit more earthy to me and reminds me of a freshly mowed lawn complete with the robins swooping in to catch a worm. No there is no earthworm notes but it really does smell the most like a freshly mowed lawn to me than any other grass scent. (Compared to Peaks which is more of a sweet grass scent to me). I have only used it in palm wax and it has a nice strong throw at 6%.

Honeysuckle - a dead on honeysuckle like the white and pale yellow honeysuckle flowers you see growing wild on fences in the summer. Not overly sweet but just right. Another great spring and summer scent in candles. A good seller too!

Iced Lemon Biscotti - OMG!! You will want to drink this one. Yummy strong lemon accord with cookie and icing notes. Unbelievable in wax. Throws great and customers always go "wow" when they smell it.

Lavender, Sage, and Rosemary - love this floral blend in candles. If you want a different kind of lavender for your candles this is it. The sage and rosemary give tame the lavender without drowing it. I love how sage adds a note of warmth. Its an herbal lavender without the dreaded medicinal undertones in it. Lovely in wax and sells really well.

Nutmeg & Ginger - Amazing fall scent! Another one you will want to drink when you first smell it. This is the perfect fall and holiday scent. Spicey and warm and definitely chrismasy smelling with a touch of something delishous baking in the oven, is it cookies? spice cake? gingerbread? Its a keeper. I also love it as a mixer. Great in candles. Sadly not good in B&B. You can use up to 3% in soap products but do not use more as it can be irratating. Ask me how I know.

Patchouli - I was talking to Keith one day in his showroom at Fillmore when he gifted me with a sample bottle of their patchouli to try out. I was surprized at how good it was. I used it for a 3/6" palm pillar and all I can say is wow! It was a strong and true patch. One of the best patch FOs I have used.

Pumpkin Spice Chutney - I have only smelled this OOB in their showroom and fell in love with it. I only have enough money for my list of FOs and jars I came to get so sadly all I could do was sniff the sniffie sample bottles. I made a mental note to get this FO next time as Its a wonderful spicy pumpkin that reminds me of a pumpkiny type of mince meat filling. It smelled awesome OOB!

They have a lot more oils and keep getting more in every time I look at their website www.fillmorecontainer.com. You should check them out. I am not saying all their oils are great. They are like any other supplier in that some are awesome and others not so much. But the good ones I raved about are awesome. One thing I want to point out is that they sell Elevance C3 wax and test out all their FOs first before they sell any. They only sell those that throw well in soy.

They also have great glassware at good prices. You have to call and ask about their large shipping prices as they are not posted but they do have price breaks for large orders.

• Like 6

Thank you so much Candybee! I've been planning a sample purchase for a lot of those scents. When I got the Christmas Tree I also got a sample of the Creamy Chai Latte, if it smells as good in wax as it does in the bottle then my search for a chai scent is done. :D  Has anyone tried the Orange Pekoe Tea?

I am in PA this week and plan on heading over tomorrow. I am loading up on wax jars and scents to save on shipping. I love their cocoa therapy and my new favorite is the nutmeg ginger. I also plan on making a stop at candlewic also. We have only one supplier in MA and I only use them if in a bind as the prices are so high.

Karen in Ma

• Like 1

If you are going to Candlewic you could stop by Candles and Supplies in Quakertown, PA too. They are only 30 minute drive from Candlewic.

When I go to PA for supplies from VA I stop first at C&S, then on to Candlewic, then back home by way of Fillmore. Now that Peaks has a distribution center in PA I will be adding that to my day trip list too.

You know Backwoods and American Candle are also in PA but I think they are in southeastern PA. 

If you make CP soap another supplier is Golden Barrel in Lancaster (they carry soaping oils and some amazing syrups).

Why oh why does PA have so many suppliers and VA has none! Oops-- forgot about Soapalooza but they are for soaping but you can still use their FOs for candles.

Edited by Candybee

Candeebee it was on your recommendation that I purchased the Christmas Tree scent last year (I believe it was on a thread talking about pine scents).  It is a great scent and the hot throw is very good.  I have been eyeballing the Cedar Garland and their Patchouli--your opinions have sealed my deal !!  On another note I like the customer service at Fillmore's.  The have always answered my questions promptly and thoroughly.

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

I was all juiced up to order Christmas Tree and Nutmeg Ginger (and I am not one who is prone to trying new FOs because I'm wholesale and my clients want what they want) - and they are out of NG. Gotta make the cost shipping work for me. Rats. Hope they get it back in soon.

Just an FYI-- if you are ever in the area and visit Fillmore's they are right smack dab in Amish Country. The country roads leading to their warehouse with the Amish farms, barns, people, horsedrawn buggies, and farm animals are very picturesque. I love driving out there in the fall when the Amish farmers are out harvesting. I am always blown away by their heavy thick legged horses drawing huge tractors and the prize livestock on their farms. These people may be "plain" but their land and possessions look pricey to me.

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

I grew up in Pittsburgh and had many 'field days' as a kid to Amish country. I would love to go back to PA soon to see some family graves, to visit Shanksville where flight 93 went down (I actually spent my senior year of HS at Shanksville and it's a tiny place) and just to have a beautiful drive. It was such a great place to grow up.

Fillmore is apparently having trouble with Nutmeg Ginger today. I've tried to place my order and have 2 bottles of Xmas Tree in my shopping cart but I keep getting an error message with Nutmeg Ginger. LOL, the universe is messing with me today! I wrote Fillmore and will see what they say.

You know I had a bit of trouble too. The website was super slow and stalled when I tried to look up their Nutmeg Ginger stock. It does show on their website so they may have it back in but maybe having problems with their website?

They will take your order over the phone. Sometime I just call in my orders.

Edited by Candybee

Has anyone tried their Creamy Chai Tea?

I have a sample of it that I'm going to be pouring this weekend. Oob it is very creamy & spicy, a good balance. My favorite used to be from Cajuns, but it looks like it's been discontinued, I also have samples from Candle Soylutions, JS, Millcreek & SGS (I forget their new name) queued up to pour and compare. Of those my favorite oob is the Candle Soylutions followed by the SGS. Do you want me to let you know how the Fillmore's Chai turns out? JLMK!

I have a sample of it that I'm going to be pouring this weekend. Oob it is very creamy & spicy, a good balance. My favorite used to be from Cajuns, but it looks like it's been discontinued, I also have samples from Candle Soylutions, JS, Millcreek & SGS (I forget their new name) queued up to pour and compare. Of those my favorite oob is the Candle Soylutions followed by the SGS. Do you want me to let you know how the Fillmore's Chai turns out? JLMK!

That would be great. I use the one from Oregon Trails and it is wonderful. Does fade slightly in CP. I have not used it in wax though.

Guest OldGlory

I also love their Nutmeg Ginger from the bottle and from the prepared candle but while lit -  I was never successful!  I was sad!! 

So my question is this: who has put Nutmeg Ginger in wax? And how did it perform in your wax? What wax did you use?

Ok, that was more than one question, lol.

So my question is this: who has put Nutmeg Ginger in wax? And how did it perform in your wax? What wax did you use?

Ok, that was more than one question, lol.

OG, I have a little bit left, enough to make a couple of Maxis. I'll stick in the mail, if you want to try it.

I had it in paraffin & it was great!

Edited by ChandlerWicks

Guest OldGlory

Chandler, I have an order pending at Fillmore. I hope to get a few more responses to test burning Nutmeg Ginger. Thanks for your offer and I'll let you know!

Since we were discussing Fillmore's Christmas Tree FO in another thread I thought we should have a favorites thread just for Fillmore's FOs.

Here are some of my favs and some reviews:

Apple Jack & Peel - this one has a citrus 'bite' to it. Its a good oil for the fall but has a stronger citrus note than orange peel or apple that I would like

Bayberry Cinnamon - It has a strong bay leave note and is a bit medicinal to my nose, but it sells out every fall season.

Black Raspberry Vanilla - personally I prefer the CS version but never had any trouble selling this in candles. In CP soap it really sticks with no A&D and ladies loved it.

Butterscotch Brulee - every now and then a real winner comes along you just want to rave about. This throws like the dickens in wax and reminds me of those traditional butterscotch candies. Very buttery and butterscothee smelling. Yummy!!

Cedar Garland - I have been using this one for years and it sells like crazy. Its a wonderful blend of cedarwood and sandalwood, smoothe, woodsy, chrismasy. I sell a ton of this. I have also used it in M&P and it smells divine. I wouldn't be without it during the holiday season.

Cedarwood - very true to its name. I mix this with cinnamon for the holidays. In soy you need to let it cure at least 2-3 weeks then the woodsy notes pop. If you want that single note cedar this one is it.

Christmas Tree - The best Christmas Tree I have found to date. I think Trappeur describes it the best. Its a true balsam tree scent. Once I found this one I quit looking. Its the Christmas Tree I use for my candles and its a huge seller.

Cocoa Therapy - My absolute favorite chocolate scent out of all the chocolates I have smelled! if you love hot chocolate this one is a must have. It smells just like the Hershey's cocoa powder you buy at the store. Very true chocolate thats a bit sophisticated and upscale. Great in wax and M&P. I am dying to put this in CP but haven't yet. I expect it to discolor to a brown but that's the color I want anyway.

Cool Water - I have only put this in CP and was disappointed. Although it sticks in CP it reminds me of a sweet cardboard scent. My customers says it smells fresh and clean like a soap should. Have not used this in wax though so I can't give an accurate review of that.

Daffodil - OMG! This is a wonderful spring scent in both soap and candles! It smells like the real thing and customers always smile and go "awww!" when they smell the candle or soap with it. Its strong and true in wax and sticks like glue in CP and M&P. No A&D and soaps like a dream in a slow moving soap oil recipe. I had time to do a 3 color delicate swirl with this. another great seller in the springtime!!

Fresh Cut Grass - This version is a bit more earthy to me and reminds me of a freshly mowed lawn complete with the robins swooping in to catch a worm. No there is no earthworm notes but it really does smell the most like a freshly mowed lawn to me than any other grass scent. (Compared to Peaks which is more of a sweet grass scent to me). I have only used it in palm wax and it has a nice strong throw at 6%.

Honeysuckle - a dead on honeysuckle like the white and pale yellow honeysuckle flowers you see growing wild on fences in the summer. Not overly sweet but just right. Another great spring and summer scent in candles. A good seller too!

Iced Lemon Biscotti - OMG!! You will want to drink this one. Yummy strong lemon accord with cookie and icing notes. Unbelievable in wax. Throws great and customers always go "wow" when they smell it.

Lavender, Sage, and Rosemary - love this floral blend in candles. If you want a different kind of lavender for your candles this is it. The sage and rosemary give tame the lavender without drowing it. I love how sage adds a note of warmth. Its an herbal lavender without the dreaded medicinal undertones in it. Lovely in wax and sells really well.

Nutmeg & Ginger - Amazing fall scent! Another one you will want to drink when you first smell it. This is the perfect fall and holiday scent. Spicey and warm and definitely chrismasy smelling with a touch of something delishous baking in the oven, is it cookies? spice cake? gingerbread? Its a keeper. I also love it as a mixer. Great in candles. Sadly not good in B&B. You can use up to 3% in soap products but do not use more as it can be irratating. Ask me how I know.

Patchouli - I was talking to Keith one day in his showroom at Fillmore when he gifted me with a sample bottle of their patchouli to try out. I was surprized at how good it was. I used it for a 3/6" palm pillar and all I can say is wow! It was a strong and true patch. One of the best patch FOs I have used.

Pumpkin Spice Chutney - I have only smelled this OOB in their showroom and fell in love with it. I only have enough money for my list of FOs and jars I came to get so sadly all I could do was sniff the sniffie sample bottles. I made a mental note to get this FO next time as Its a wonderful spicy pumpkin that reminds me of a pumpkiny type of mince meat filling. It smelled awesome OOB!

They have a lot more oils and keep getting more in every time I look at their website www.fillmorecontainer.com. You should check them out. I am not saying all their oils are great. They are like any other supplier in that some are awesome and others not so much. But the good ones I raved about are awesome. One thing I want to point out is that they sell Elevance C3 wax and test out all their FOs first before they sell any. They only sell those that throw well in soy.

They also have great glassware at good prices. You have to call and ask about their large shipping prices as they are not posted but they do have price breaks for large orders.

CandyBee What % do you use in wax?