EcoSoya Pillar Blend for Tarts?

missy40

Guest OldGlory

I just wanted to add this -

A store near my house sells some sort of soy wax melts, and they are a real mess. If you are putting your melts in a retail store where they will be handled a lot and where they don't sell very many, straight soy might not be a good idea. The melts in the store near me are crumbling and small pieces fall out when you open the package to smell it. It's really a turn off. It might be better to add some paraffin and have a soy/paraffin blend to help keep the melts from falling apart in the course of normal wear and tear in a retail setting.

I started making tarts in April.. been testing ever since. EcoSoya PB is the wax I originally chose after doing some research and I've been using it since. Only lately, I've decided to branch out and test other waxes. In my opinion, it only makes mediocre tarts. That's just my opinion and with my experience. It just doesn't work that well for me. Cold throw is nice.. really nice. Hot throw is blah. Not long lasting and usually not even strong to begin with. I've tested it with over 100 different fragrance oils and only had ONE batch that threw like a champ. That one fragrance oil made tarts that lasted for 2+ days.

Like I said, it's only my opinion. I don't want to offend anyone who uses this as their primary wax.

• 2 weeks later...

I started making tarts in April.. been testing ever since. EcoSoya PB is the wax I originally chose after doing some research and I've been using it since. Only lately, I've decided to branch out and test other waxes. In my opinion, it only makes mediocre tarts. That's just my opinion and with my experience. It just doesn't work that well for me. Cold throw is nice.. really nice. Hot throw is blah. Not long lasting and usually not even strong to begin with. I've tested it with over 100 different fragrance oils and only had ONE batch that threw like a champ. That one fragrance oil made tarts that lasted for 2+ days.

Like I said, it's only my opinion. I don't want to offend anyone who uses this as their primary wax.

That has been my experience with it so far too. I just made my first test batch of NG's Pillar of Bliss wax. I'm hoping it's better.

• 2 weeks later...

4630 is a soft container wax, so I would blend at maybe 25% with either POB or the Ecosoya PB..I think it would improve the throw, but jmo and I am only an amateur . Maybe some of the experienced chandlers can advise. Good Luck:)  

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is helpful at all, but I just started making 100% Ecosoya PB tarts, using Asian Sandalwood fragrance oil (from Peak). Only used a 6% fragrance load; it melted beautifully with an electric bulb warmer and my whole downstairs smells wonderful!  I really am impressed.

post-15071-0-96970700-1444364041_thumb.j

• Like 1