EcoSoya Pillar Blend for Tarts?

missy40

Ecoysoya xcel is the container wax from the same company. :)   If you want to mix the pillar blend, I would test several different proportions.  I've recently changed mine because I started using different containers and for some reason they are frosting quicker than with the other containers I was using.

Your using straigh PB"  nothing mixed?  I made some with this and gave my neigbor.  Scent was Pine cone wreath.  She said she had to really get close to the melt to smell it.  The scent is pretty stong but apparently not in this wax??

It's kind of crazy how some wax will work for some and not for others.  i tried the pillar blend by itself and it wasn't strong enough for me. 

If you just tried one scent, that's not really enough to test whether or not the wax is good.   With the wax blend I ended up with, I still have fragrances that aren't as strong as I'd like

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Your using straigh PB"  nothing mixed?  I made some with this and gave my neigbor.  Scent was Pine cone wreath.  She said she had to really get close to the melt to smell it.  The scent is pretty stong but apparently not in this wax??

Yup Just straight PB All my customers love my melts There strong and last

I work for another supplier and we sell PB and don't recommend it for melts. If you are using it in a standrd warmer like a Scentsy it's usually fine but the smaller plug in ones it would not melt it. For that reason we felt it best to use something with a bit lower melt point. Not that it won't work in some warmers but if it won't work in ALL warmers I personally wouldn't use it.

I work for another supplier and we sell PB and don't recommend it for melts. If you are using it in a standrd warmer like a Scentsy it's usually fine but the smaller plug in ones it would not melt it. For that reason we felt it best to use something with a bit lower melt point. Not that it won't work in some warmers but if it won't work in ALL warmers I personally wouldn't use it.

I have tried many different warmers and my melts always melted. I have never had any complaints about them not melting either

It isn't the tart. Its her burner.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

Ecosoya PB has a great scent throw. I agree its not  the ideal tart wax because frankly there are too many warmers out there that can only handle softer waxes and won't melt some pillar blends.

If you happen to be using an electric plate type warmer with the detachable tart warmer bowl those work great. Personally I won't use a tart warmer that does not have an electric plate. The warmers with the liqht bulb as the heat source are very limited in what they can melt.

Thanks,  I'm now trying 6006 and 4625 at  80/20 ratio  for my tarts and am having really great results.

Thanks for the input

Karen

how is the testing going for this combo? I use 6006 for my container but never tried for wax melts....I have never used 4625 I know 6006 is soft..whats the 4625 texture

• 2 weeks later...

when you use straight PB, do they pop out of the warmer when you're done, or do you have to pop it into the freezer first?  I've used the PB/excel mix and have had good results, but it doesn't pop out without first putting in the freezer (I know this isn't a big issue with some, just thought I'd check:)

Guest OldGlory

There are countless reasons someone will tell you he/she can't smell your melts, none of which has a thing to do with your product. People who smoke don't smell things like non-smokers do, or at least not all of them. Sometimes they can't smell ANYTHING. Sometimes they have competing odors in the home. Sometimes their circulating air system is efficient and grabs the fragrance. Sometimes it's the warmer. And, sometimes we get candlenose - we become immune to smelling our own candle fragrances. Hand out a few samples and ask people to try them. The same one that your neighbor can't smell might be strong for someone else. Have unbiased good testers is very valuable for candlemakers.

So I am trying 6006, my main tarts wax with the Excel Pb to see if that will work in place of the 4625 that I have run out of.

The tarts so far lopk and feel good and the scent is pretty good too. I tried a small bach of 3 oz 6006 and 2 oz Excel PB.  I'll wait a couple days to try them but the ht is really good.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...