Bath bombs with vanillas

vberkesch

Yep, high vanilla content will cause your bombs to go brown. Some go quickly, some take a few days. 

Rather than experiment with the products that are said to keep vanilla fragrances from going brown, I try to use scents that aren't that hyped in the fragrance. Now for me, Goddess (SGS) changes colors on me, but if I color the bomb or the soap blue, I still come away with a blue I can live with. 

Yep, high vanilla content will cause your bombs to go brown. Some go quickly, some take a few days. 

Rather than experiment with the products that are said to keep vanilla fragrances from going brown, I try to use scents that aren't that hyped in the fragrance. Now for me, Goddess (SGS) changes colors on me, but if I color the bomb or the soap blue, I still come away with a blue I can live with.

Scented -

How do others have pink sugar bombs that are beautiful?

They might use a vanilla stabilizer I suppose, but any PS bomb I tried went brown. 

You'd have to look at their ingredients (if they list them) I suppose. 

I suppose it might not be a real pink sugar? There used to be a PS that went a mild light tan in soap, but I don't know of anyone who carries it any more. The business that had it vanished years ago. 

I'm not going to say every fragrance that has vanilla will brown, because that isn't the case, but a high content of vanilla will go brown. 

You'd have to test it out in your recipe to see what happens.