Christmas Tree or Pine Scent

katie

I got my Christmas Tree today and I want to bathe in it! It smells exactly like the BBW balsam I am soooo happy!! Can't wait to make a candle

The other samples I got smell so good also

Apple blossom

Olive blossom

Cedar garland

Nutmeg ginger

Cocoa therapy

Iced cinnamon buns

Oh my gosh.....you all talking about these scents! :biggrin:  I have to order jars from Fillmore anyhow...might as well join the crowd! :) You all are AWESOME! :)

Don't get me wrong I like the scent....it smells good and I do think it smells like a Christmas Tree........I just don't know if they are different enough to both have in my candle line. I sell lots of Mistletoe so not dropping it.  If I stuck with the name Christmas Tree or maybe something with Balsam that would work to keep both.  I also poured Fillmore's Clove...it's a nice scent OOB.....I currently uses Peak's which is definitely heavier but I kind of like Fillmore's better....will have to see how it throws and if it's as big of a pain to wick as Peak's.....wouldn't mind one that I could use a smaller wick in.

Blt, they are definitely not the same scent or even close (that's me).  Christmas tree is really Balsam Fir and that is what I name that scent all year round.  Mistletoe is a wonderful wonderful seller for me, but I don't like it (undoubtedly because of the eucalyptis in it)  That clove sounds great..I need to get more of the Balsam Fir and order some more oils....

Trappeur

Candybee, would you be able to compare CC's Winter Woodlands Whisper to Fillmore's Christmas Tree?  Are they close in scent?  Thanks.

Hi Babudust,

I'm not Candybee and I don't think she responded to your question yet, but I have tried CC winter wonderland and I got no throw in the wax.  Out of the bottle it doesn't smell anything like Fillmore's Christmas tree.  They are both 2 different scents.  And I love CC and thought it was odd it wouldn't work for me.  

Trappeur

• Like 1

Oh my gosh.....you all talking about these scents! :biggrin:  I have to order jars from Fillmore anyhow...might as well join the crowd! :) You all are AWESOME! :)

Well, DANG!! I had my order all put in with one more scent to add....Pumpkin Spice Chutney...OUT....ackk...sent them an email to see when they will be getting back in stock. I did copy and post my order to myself on email so I know what all I wanted to order....I only want to pay one shipping fee. Seems to ME that there are several other folks out there like me who were ordering the Pumpkin Spice Chutney.....Anticipation...anticipation....they are making me wait... :waiting:   ....after reading the reviews on here..I am sure it will be worth the wait. :) 

• Like 3

Hi Babudust,

I'm not Candybee and I don't think she responded to your question yet, but I have tried CC winter wonderland and I got no throw in the wax.  Out of the bottle it doesn't smell anything like Fillmore's Christmas tree.  They are both 2 different scents.  And I love CC and thought it was odd it wouldn't work for me.  

Trappeur

I love CCs FOs, but there are a few that will not throw & a few that I can't bear to smell.

• Like 1

moonshine, on 30 Sept 2014 - 4:32 PM, said:

I got my Christmas Tree today and I want to bathe in it! It smells exactly like the BBW balsam I am soooo happy!! Can't wait to make a candle

The other samples I got smell so good also

Apple blossom

Olive blossom

Cedar garland

Nutmeg ginger

Cocoa therapy

Iced cinnamon buns

I know, right? :bliss:  It made me very happy as well! You'll have to let me know what you think of the Olive Blossom! :D

Edited by mzpickles

• 3 weeks later...

Christmas Tree from Fillmore -

It is really Balsam Fir......I've been using this for over 10 years.....is very very beautiful and wonderful thrower.

This was originally the Natural Artisans signature fragrance for years till she went out of business and sold out to Fillmore.  It was originally named Balsam Fir and then Fillmore renamed to Christmas Tree.

Note:  Add Vanilla Voodoo to this and wow, what a beautiful scent!  It's beautiful on it's own but takes on a softer sweet scent when I mix.....

This is my most favorite pine scent even though I have other beautiful ones listed below...but it's my favorite and I rename......

Northwoods from Bittercreek North

Another nice pine scent.......Very strong

Sugared Spruce from Candle Soylutions....

Wonderful also.....Very strong

I'm burning this right now.......love it!

Christmas Hearth from Candle Science

Extremely strong - I love this one....You can actually smell the fire going in the fireplace mixed in with the pine.....

Scotch Pine from Candle Science

A different take on pine.....very different and very strong.....I like this too

Spruce Orchard from Lone Star

To me this is a sugared spruce....I love this one too and very strong

Cinnamon and Balsam from Peaks

I can't remember if I tried it....I believe I did and it did exceptionally well......

Spruceberry from Peaks

I love this one!

Christmas Tree or Balsam Fir from Community Candle

Great scent and thrower!

All the fragrances I've listed above I've tested even with shorter time periods.  I always wait a week to cure, but I can honestly say that all the scents are so strong I could burn in 2 days.......a couple even the next day......They are all so potent and you can't do wrong with any of these fragrances in my opinion.

SCENTS I DON'T CARE FOR THAT I HAVE TRIED THAT DID NOT GIVE OUT THROWS FOR ME AND I USE GB464

Mistletoe from Candle Science

I just don't care for this scent at all and most everyone will tell you that it is a #1 Top Fragrance.

I think for the holidays the name Mistletoe sells in just about everything.

Spruce Xmas Tree from Peaks

I got no throw

Most will tell you it is a top favorite here...but I couldn't get it to throw....I need to retry and maybe up a little percentage...I always use 6%, but maybe I need more?.

Winter Wonderland from Peaks

A very very faint throw...it's somewhat nice - but doesn't turn my head

Frasier Fir from Peaks

As much as I like Frasier Fir and I really wanted this one to work, it just didn't for me at all......I could hardly smell anything

Winter Woodlands Whisper from Candle Cocoon

No throw for me and that is so odd................as I love all Lyschels scents pretty much and they all sure do throw......

I love the name though!

Christmas Tree from Candle Science

Nothing special.....

Frosty Pine Cones from Candle Science

I'm testing that this week.

Can you tell I'm into Pines? lol  One thing I've wanted to try is a Pinion Pine....Sounds Different....Haven't found one.

Trappeur

Can I ask how much V Voodoo do you add?

• Like 1