Soapmaking Books? Who is Correct?

7 Pawz

Guest OldGlory

Confession - I was TERRIFIED of making soap with lye and put it off for 10 years. I bought every book I found on the subject, and still have them. When things are slow I like to look at my soaping books. I agree with Candybee - they're a great source of inspiration.

Your books remind me of a couple of old candlemaking books I have. Some of the candle wax melting and wicking techniques discussed in the book are ancient history. But the sections with candle designs has some beautiful and artistic pictures and technique discussions in it that can be used today. So I still hang on to them hoping one day I will have the time to try some out-- or just to look at the pictures!

Thats what I do with some of them, and I have tried some of the ideas and I like them :)

Confession - I was TERRIFIED of making soap with lye and put it off for 10 years. I bought every book I found on the subject, and still have them. When things are slow I like to look at my soaping books. I agree with Candybee - they're a great source of inspiration.

I was worried that I wouldn't get the basic process down when I started working with temps but since I mostly use room temp, I dont worry so much anymore, its a lot less to keep up with for me.