Lavender

Scented

Lavender  

19 members have voted

1. 1. So there's this lavender which is great on its own, but say you want to expand its potential do you mix it with...? (Please say)

• Vanilla
    • Another herb (chamomile, sage, rosemary, mint etc.)
    • A floral (rose, jasmine, lilac, wisteria etc.)
    • An earthy note (Patchouli, sandalwood, amber, oakmoss etc.)
    • A fruit (maybe apple, peach, lemon, orange etc.)
    • something else?

I mix lavender/peppermint 50/50. For soap and herbal tea for sale at farmers markets.. I have about 10 different mints growing in my garden but I swear one could put lavender in anything and it would sell!

I had to drop out of the business for a while, nice to be back :-)

• Like 1

Is CC Candle Cocoon? I don't buy from them. I've heard great reviews about Sultry Angel thou. I may have to check this out.

You go to order ... toss in some twinkle toes and transcendence. All should be absolutely divine in soap. Just sayin'. 

Scented and Chandlerwicks you two are the worst sort of enablers! Now you got me curious about these FOs at CC. I keep trying to cut back on suppliers and ya'll aren't helping!

Chandlerwicks-- might as well post your list..... please post your list! LOL

Midnight Musk-this is a new one, not sure about it, I have it in soap & wax, although it's a good scent, may not be strong enough for me. Puma said it is when I gave her some soap & FO. The rest of these are my favorites.

Cherished

Fairy Dust & TwinkleToes

Fallen Leaf

Peony White Tea

Orange Tea & Crumpets-AWESOME!!!!!

Crushed Strawberry & Rhubarb

Sultry Angel

Brewed Jasmine

Vanilla Voodoo

Neroli De La Luna

Pepper & Port

Cranberry Compote

Ooey Gooey Caramel Goodness

Tiger Lily & Cantaloupe has the best scent but only light HT for me. Soapaloozas Cantaloupe & Lily is great & very close to CCs. but it's strong in wax!

We should start an 1oz for 1oz trade thinghy on the forum!

Oh Neroli de la luna is quite nice too ... yes. I don't have a lot from cc. I want more than what I have, but I have to use what I got. I keep meaning to try out rare earth. Perhaps when I need a good pot cleaning I'll try it and see. 

I'm bummed because any new tester oils I buy will have to wait for a while. Like Scented I have to use what I have right now and money is super tight.

Chandlerwicks thanks so much for that fine list! Question, do many of their oils work in CP? I ask because any new supplier I go with has to have double duty FOs that can be for both candles and soap. Or at least they must have some good CP FOs along with candle FOs.

If lavender can go with peppermint, how about spearmint? That is my favorite mint EO. I love rosemary and spearmint EOs together.

How about these mint combos:

Lavender + Spearmint

Lavender, Rosemary, Sage, and Spearmint

Lavender, Spearmint, Peppermint, and Vanilla (this would be a sweet velvelty mint)

No I haven't tried these. They could be yuck city! But they sound good enough to experiment with.