Lavender

Scented

Lavender  

19 members have voted

1. 1. So there's this lavender which is great on its own, but say you want to expand its potential do you mix it with...? (Please say)

• Vanilla
    • Another herb (chamomile, sage, rosemary, mint etc.)
    • A floral (rose, jasmine, lilac, wisteria etc.)
    • An earthy note (Patchouli, sandalwood, amber, oakmoss etc.)
    • A fruit (maybe apple, peach, lemon, orange etc.)
    • something else?

Guest OldGlory

Honestly, I can imagine a really lovely Lavender with anything - except vanilla. I do not care much for vanilla. When using an EO I generally go for a lavandin because it seems a bit sweeter and less camphorous to me. Great in bath products like a bathsalt - mixed with a sprig of rosemary.

I love the base notes, so my vote went there. Patchouli, Sandalwood, Amber, Tobacco, even Cedar. Maybe all of them with Lavender, in one fabulous concoction! However, I do like a balanced fragrance, so maybe a little citrus thrown in as a top note depending on the base notes. I have found that a little Mac Apple also provides a nice first note.

Rosemary is divine so that is where my vote went. Hmmmm... a blend of Lavender, Lilac, Rosemary and a touch of Honey or Blueberry or Raspberry and I like the idea of apple too....Lavender, Rosemary, Raspberry and Patchouli

Edited by puma52

There's a lavender, apple and mint combo I would like to try out. 

Lavender and violet might be good together

Lavender and a white oak ... just intrigues me. 

What type of herbals Candybee?

I was talking about herbals like chamomile, sage, etc.

The lavender apple blend sounds nice. One blend I found I don't like is lavender and lemon. Ick!

I've got a blend of old Flicker's Sahara, which is a citrus breeze type scent with a dry down of what I am not sure. But it is light and breezy. I blended it with Sea Island Grapefruit and lemongrass EO. So now its a grapefruit citrus lemongrass blend. I held it up to my nose with my SGS Lavender and together they smell very nice. The herbacious notes of the lavender seem to compliment the breezy citrus blend.

Don't know if that helps you much. Not sure which direction you want to go with your lavender. I would think that another floral would pull together a citrus, lavender blend. But from what I could smell, grapefruit and lemongrass would work. With my tangerine EO and lavender FO the lavender drowned it the tangerine. Didn't try the orange, can't find it. Think I used it up..

I chose other because I HATE Lavender but I do like Peak's Lavender Sachet - so I would say to mix it with a powder type scent. I have mixed it with sage and also with a lemongrass and sage and as strong as my lemongrass is, the lavender kicked it's butt at only 2% and it was awful (to me because I don't like the scent) 

Actually I probably shouldn't even have participated in this poll because of that, but I always like giving my .02 worth. LOL 

Edited by Jcandleattic

I chose other because I HATE Lavender but I do like Peak's Lavender Sachet - so I would say to mix it with a powder type scent. I have mixed it with sage and also with a lemongrass and sage and as strong as my lemongrass is, the lavender kicked it's butt at only 2% and it was awful (to me because I don't like the scent) 

Actually I probably shouldn't even have participated in this poll because of that, but I always like giving my .02 worth. LOL 

You crack me up, but I like the idea of a powdery lavender scent too. 

• Like 2

I keep trying to like the scent, really I do. Because people by the hoards always ask me about it (but the few times I've had it, it just sat there) but I really just can't stand to make it. Every time I try I think, "Oh I'll like it this time, it can't be that bad" and then it always is. LOL

Now I've decided I will make it for special requests only... 

I will liken your love for lavender to how I feel about leather lol! Yet I don't get to make that by special request. I just have to grit it out. Now go figure that what I like though doesn't move as well as what I really can't stand. However, I'm determined to come up with a leather and amber combo. Seeing as this is a lavender thread and I do like the scent, I wonder if it would make leather more appealing!

Edited by Scented
  • Like 1

Lavender can either be perfume like or astringent like in combination. So lavender and lemon smells like the most astringent personal hygiene fragrance on the planet; whereas lavender and rose comes off as gag me with a spoon perfume. Plain lavender just smells like old ladies sachets. I have a pound of Tennessee Candle Supply's True Lavender and a half pound of Tassi Lavender from what is now Soapalooza and they just sit there staring at me. French milled soap is almost always lavender with buds on the top and there's something about that fragrance that is altogether different. What about lavender in a bakery application? Lavender Pound Cake, Lavender Milk Oatmeal Cookie, Lavender Chocolate Dipped Sugar Cookie?

I don't think lavender smells 'old lady' at all. There are so many lavenders out there in FO and EO that you can virtually smell something different in each one.

When I make my lavender soap I make my own lavender water for my liquid and blend my favorite FO and EO to add to it. My customers love my lavender soap and I can't make it fast enough.

But I must admit my 'other' lavender is a combo of Soapalooza's Blue Chamomile and Tassi Lavender. I sell a ton of this too.

Have you ever tried Twilight Wood from SGS/Pure Fragrance OIls? Its a lavender blend. I add a bit of lavender EO to it to make the lavender pop.

I'm not a lavender fan or spa fragrance kind of girl but I do have to make this fragrance for orders and I usually do the plain vanilla or lavender and vanilla from CS who I love.  Just recently I mixed lavender and vanilla voodoo (my all time favorite vanilla) and it was so heavenly that I actually liked it.  I agree with that combination just mentioned that lavender mixed with lavender sachet would be beautiful.  I was just thinking that since I have to make an order for Sultry Angel from CC that lavender mixed with Sultry Angel just might be a winner.  That Sultry Angel is the most potent scent I ever used.  The description for the SA is layers of musk, vanilla & molasses (though I don't detect the molasses).  It is so very different and heavenly.

Trappeur