Ocean Tide + Sea Salt

moonshine

Anyone ever heard of Paddywax- ocean tide + sea salt....artisan soy wax candle hand poured in the USA?

My sister acquired one of these tins and wants me to dupe the scent - I haven't smelled it yet myself but was wondering if anyone was familiar with it or knew of a dupe?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Moonshine, it sounds delightful.  Without having heard of the brand or smelled the scent, perhaps a salty sea air, sea kelp or avocado & sea salt combined with gulf tide (bc)?  When I went to the website, they had no description of the scent notes. :(

Ive seen that brand in a lot of nice gift shops but don't remember seeing that scent. If you go on their website + see where they sell in MI, that way you can

go pick one up to give you a starting point. The candles are very nice, interesting, complex and not overpowering in the least. Let us know what you come

up with :) 

21 hours ago, Gclarke said:

I've been trying to figure out that scent for a while. I love it. Have you had any luck figuring it out? 

No-  I ended up purchasing one on amazon and it is so horrible of a candle

The one I got is in a blue jar and you cannot smell it at all while burning

Cold throw is decent but honestly the blend I am making with Talltayls co-op Tonic and AH/RE sea kelp blows this scent away by far so that is what is my sister is getting! lol

Sea Witch from FB a dupe of MW is also close to this scent-  maybe adding a little avacado sea salt to it would be good

That is interesting. I also bought it and loved it. I thought the hot throw was amazing, it traveled through my whole house. With the scent though, it's the after smell? Not sure how to describe that, but it's the after smell that I love. Any ideas what that is?.

i just put an order in to RE during their sale and didn't order the sea kelp:(  I guess I'll have to order more??

21 hours ago, moonshine said:

No-  I ended up purchasing one on amazon and it is so horrible of a candle

The one I got is in a blue jar and you cannot smell it at all while burning

Cold throw is decent but honestly the blend I am making with Talltayls co-op Tonic and AH/RE sea kelp blows this scent away by far so that is what is my sister is getting! lol

Sea Witch from FB a dupe of MW is also close to this scent-  maybe adding a little avacado sea salt to it would be good

lol ! You know theres several candles Ive purchased from Anthologie because the containers were so darn cute and same thing ... could hardly

smell them yet everyone raves about them. Do you mind me asking what ratio you use for the tonic + sea kelp ... I have both at home .

I use 1.5 ounces of FO per pound of wax in my blend 

So what I did was 1 ounce of tonic and .5 of sea kelp and I love it - I may try a touch more of sea kelp but I don't want to lose the fresh crisp of tonic- the small amount of kelp to me was just enough to make it more sea like IMO 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moonstar said:

BTW ... hows your son doing, I know you said he's getting ready to go back to college 

Thank you for asking!

he seems to be doing great, taking his singulair regularly now (he did learn from this) still has allergies but they seem to be under control 

we shall see how this college year how well he takes care of himself 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gclarke said:

That is interesting. I also bought it and loved it. I thought the hot throw was amazing, it traveled through my whole house. With the scent though, it's the after smell? Not sure how to describe that, but it's the after smell that I love. Any ideas what that is?.

i just put an order in to RE during their sale and didn't order the sea kelp:(  I guess I'll have to order more??

I wish I could tell you my thoughts but I can't smell it while burning! Lol

i still have it and will try again in a small room and see if I whiff anything 

23 minutes ago, Barbara AL said:

Salty Sailor from Daystar is a dupe of Salty Mariner maybe this is what you are looking for.

i think Brambleberry carries Salty Mariner

You are right....and I think I have this but from FB 

thanks I will give it a try 

1 hour ago, moonshine said:

I use 1.5 ounces of FO per pound of wax in my blend 

So what I did was 1 ounce of tonic and .5 of sea kelp and I love it - I may try a touch more of sea kelp but I don't want to lose the fresh crisp of tonic- the small amount of kelp to me was just enough to make it more sea like IMO 

Thanks ! I am for sure trying this out . I bet your sister will love the candle !