Where do you buy Premier 765 wicks?

I ordered samples from Wick It but am confused when I try to place a regular order.  There are no prices and looks like I need to buy 3000 at a time.  Someone mentioned buying from Aztec in another thread, but I see they recommend this wick for paraffin not soy which is what I'm needing them for.  Is this the same wick?  Or is there another company you buy from?

Goldie

I bought a sampler pack first to test, they do carry the 765's.  In their description, they say that this wick is suitable for both paraffin and soy.  If you contact them, they are very good about answering your questions. 

http://www.theflamingcandle.com/candle-wicks/premier-700-series-wicks/premier-765-6-pre-tabbed-wick/

Guest OldGlory

I buy my Premiers from Aztec in Knoxville. You could email them or call to see if they have the 765. LOVE Premier wicks!

• 1 month later...
Guest OldGlory

I am using Premiers in everything. I made some 3x6 pillars with 1343 and I have a 767 Prem. in it for testing purposes. I tried a 51Z first and the flame was too big. Next I tried a 745 Prem. but it was too small. So far so good. I will test the next few days as needed.

I asked Teri at Aztec if the Premiers were just incrementally bigger than the size below and she said yes. That tells me you can put it in anything as long as you find the right size.

The 767 in my pillar right now is burning perfectly. No mushroom whatsoever, no sooting, and the flame is about an inch tall. It's been burning for 2 hours. It did flare up in the beginning, but then it settled down to a lovely burn.

I am using Premiers in everything. I made some 3x6 pillars with 1343 and I have a 767 Prem. in it for testing purposes. I tried a 51Z first and the flame was too big. Next I tried a 745 Prem. but it was too small. So far so good. I will test the next few days as needed.

I asked Teri at Aztec if the Premiers were just incrementally bigger than the size below and she said yes. That tells me you can put it in anything as long as you find the right size.

The 767 in my pillar right now is burning perfectly. No mushroom whatsoever, no sooting, and the flame is about an inch tall. It's been burning for 2 hours. It did flare up in the beginning, but then it settled down to a lovely burn.

Well, OldGlory, you have me just about convinced that I should try these Premier wicks.  Not sure the type of wax you use, but my main wax is 4786, followed by 4633.  Think they'll work?

Thanks! :)

Guest OldGlory

Well, OldGlory, you have me just about convinced that I should try these Premier wicks.  Not sure the type of wax you use, but my main wax is 4786, followed by 4633.  Think they'll work?

Thanks! :)

Ravens, I don't use either of those waxes, so I don't know. The beauty of these wicks is the number of options. You pick a starting point and go from there. In my pillar I have tried 6 wicks, starting with a zinc followed by 5 different wicks in the Premier.

I have been using premiers in 464 for many years. I recently made a custom blend of 464 and 6006 for a client and I can't even begin to tell you how beautifully they work in that. I think the blend comes out at about 55% soy and 45% paraffin. Now I am putting them in pillars - 1343, 1274, and 4625. In 1343, 3" wide pillar, a 755 is perfect. I will be testing the 1274 this weekend, and the 4625 one day soon.

I know that Aztec doesn't include all the sizes in their sample packs. I would call Teri and ask her to customize a sample pack for you, with a range of sizes you need. Check Aztec's chart for size suggestions.