Chestnuts and Brown Sugar?

Belinda

Me too.....I've been in a very slow slow motion for quite some time since my husband died.....I need to get with it and get posting more on this board.  I used to have so much fun......

Fall is here and I need to get some new fragrances in wax....but I started last night.......

Aside from Chestnuts and Brown sugar from Community candle another few fabulous fragrances I found to be are:

Lux Linen.......a gorgeous upscale linen.....

Campfire Marshmallow has been a long time good seller for me also....

Their balsam is pretty good for a pine scent......

I am presently using gb464......I also use c3

Trappeur

• Like 1

Thanks!

I'm really sorry about your husband. I hope things are better for you soon.

I know what you mean about this board being a lot of fun. Everyone is very nice and helpful and at times very witty! I enjoy reading through the threads.

• Like 1

Me too.....I've been in a very slow slow motion for quite some time since my husband died.....I need to get with it and get posting more on this board.  I used to have so much fun......

Fall is here and I need to get some new fragrances in wax....but I started last night.......

Aside from Chestnuts and Brown sugar from Community candle another few fabulous fragrances I found to be are:

Trappeur

This forum helped me so much when my husband passed away in 2010. Slow motion is an accurate way to describe life while grieving.

• Like 1

Thanks!

I'm really sorry about your husband. I hope things are better for you soon.

I know what you mean about this board being a lot of fun. Everyone is very nice and helpful and at times very witty! I enjoy reading through the threads.

Thankyou Belinda

• 1 month later...

I just placed an order for Chestnuts & Brown Sugar with Southwest Candle Supplies along with eight other fragrances.  This is my first time to order from them. I hope I love them because they are closer to California.  I will be making melts with a parasoy blend of IGI 6006 and IGI 4625.

Sharon

• Like 2

Southwest (AKA Just by Nature) has some nice ones.  I love their angel star, cedar & saffron, citrus & teakwood,  creme brulee supreme, & they have the most realistic graham cracker I've tried (use it in a blend for key lime pie)

• Like 1

Oppsey!  I made a mistake, I purchased my Chestnuts & Brown Sugar from Texas Candle Supply, not Southwest.  The fumes of the candle fragrances must be getting to me lol.  They are so nice, I ordered yesterday and they shipped yesterday. Here's the other one's I ordered:

Egg Nog Latte

Leather and Lace

Oatmeal Raisin

Pumpkin Cheesecake 

Richest Vanilla

Sugar Cookie

Sun Washed Denim

I also ordered Pecan Pie but they were out.

Jim was so nice to work with, great customer service and they ship USPS.  I will let you know how these work with my parasoy blend.  I use IGI6006 (75%) and IGI4625 25% for my melts.

Sharon

Trappeur, I will do that.  I wanted to let you know that I put Sugar Cookie Royale from Flaming Candle in wax today.  You are so right, what a lovely fragrance.  I also made Peaks Sugar Cookie, they have a completely different fragrance, I really liked both of them.  Now the test is to wait about five days and see how the throw is.  I also put Olde Towne Bake Shoppe from Peak in wax.  Wow what an awesome fragrance.  I fell in love with RE (formally Kentucky) Cornbread, smells so yummy while pouring also Cookie Cottage from Peak, it had a wonderful nutty fragrance. Everything I poured today was fantastic!

I'm trying so hard to smell those scents through this computer, but it just isn't working.......lol....Boy do they all sound intoxicating!  I just made myself today pumpkin cornbread from Backwoods....I love that scent.  When I used c3 I just couldn't get it to work.  I'm using gb464 now...lets see if it will work in that wax now.  I'm putting on my list of things to get that Cookie Cottage and Old Towne Bake Shop.  They sound wonderful.  Talking about a nutty fragrance like you just stated.....well one day I was in a store and they had some candles someone had made for them and I picked up one and smelled it and she had on her label the name of the scent;  Squirrely Nut from Aztec.  I always remembered that fragrance and name and I just have to get a sample of it.  

Trappeur

• Like 1

Trappeur

I am so sorry Trapp! :(  

How do you like the 464 over the C3? I don't make candle's much anymore(just for myself) I have been hearing rave review's for 464..I even have some but never tried it..lol

• Like 1

Thankyou Kimmer....

It's been 1 year, 3 months and 5 days since my husband Scott left me to go to heaven. :( I miss him so much, it's unbelievable.  I still can see him sitting at the cocktail table wicking jars for me.  He was so proud of himself that he could do that.  He always said he did a much better job than me. lol

Comparing the 2 waxes together, I would say they are both great waxes.  And I found that I could use the same size wicks for the 464 as I did with C3.

C3 as you know can be a booger to master and getting smooth tops I pulled my hair out for years on that issue because I always had to do another pour or get out my friggin hair dryer, but I did master it and figured what temperature to pour so I didn't have to do a 2nd pour and I still work with it here and there.  Geesh, working with that wax C3 sure left me many a sleepless night or should say many sleepless nights.  Pouring candles for a few stores at a time and working on a tight schedule for orders especially like this time of the year coming up for stores that place an order that day and expected it yesterday.  It drove me crazy to pour at a certain temperature and try to always get as smooth a top as I could just didn't work most of the time so I would pour at any temperature and let it cool.  And the reason I did this was because I knew I was going to have to cap the candle off, so why did it matter if I poured it at 125 or 160?  The cap off was the finishing touch.  And when I first learned how to cap off a candle at a certain temperature, it didn't always work if my house was cold.  So I figured out how to tell when the wax was ready for the cap off which I still do today.  After I melt the wax and let it cool down some, I lower my head and nose, lol, lol into the pot and feel the heat coming off the wax onto my face and I can tell if the wax is too hot to pour.  And it works like a charm every time for me.  I really love this wax and when I find a great fragrance, boy that wax can sure put out a beautiful candle.  And htp's were my choice wick for the c3.

464 I like how easy it is to work with and I always get smooth as glass tops in 1 pour as long as I pour anywhere from 132 to 142 give or take. It's more forgiven than c3.  But lets face it, any wax has its quirks and you just have to test and test and find out what works best for you. I've tried all the factories suggestions about temperature pouring and nada... I don't heat my jars, don't put the jars in the oven to keep them warm, I don't put boxes over the candles. I don't worry about frostings either...I just embrace it and know it's a natural characteristic trait of soy. I don't color my candles any more either..  Now if I did, the frosting would bother me.   Even wet spots, when they do occur don't bother me.   You work long enough with 1 wax, it's like a marriage, you give and take and learn the ropes of what works best.   :) 

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 4

Hmmmm..what to mix?  I've never mixed that fragrance as it is simply a great stand alone fragrance....

Let's see, "chestnuts roasting on an open fire" (the song)

Maybe:  hazelnut or hazelnut coffee?

vanilla?

apple strudel?

campfire marshmallow sounds good

and to be a little different how about campfire, fireplace, (fragrances that smell like a fireplace)

Trappeur

Thankyou Kimmer....

It's been 1 year, 3 months and 5 days since my husband Scott left me to go to heaven. :( I miss him so much, it's unbelievable.  I still can see him sitting at the cocktail table wicking jars for me.  He was so proud of himself that he could do that.  He always said he did a much better job than me. lol

Comparing the 2 waxes together, I would say they are both great waxes.  And I found that I could use the same size wicks for the 464 as I did with C3.

C3 as you know can be a booger to master and getting smooth tops I pulled my hair out for years on that issue because I always had to do another pour or get out my friggin hair dryer, but I did master it and figured what temperature to pour so I didn't have to do a 2nd pour and I still work with it here and there.  Geesh, working with that wax C3 sure left me many a sleepless night or should say many sleepless nights.  Pouring candles for a few stores at a time and working on a tight schedule for orders especially like this time of the year coming up for stores that place an order that day and expected it yesterday.  It drove me crazy to pour at a certain temperature and try to always get as smooth a top as I could just didn't work most of the time so I would pour at any temperature and let it cool.  And the reason I did this was because I knew I was going to have to cap the candle off, so why did it matter if I poured it at 125 or 160?  The cap off was the finishing touch.  And when I first learned how to cap off a candle at a certain temperature, it didn't always work if my house was cold.  So I figured out how to tell when the wax was ready for the cap off which I still do today.  After I melt the wax and let it cool down some, I lower my head and nose, lol, lol into the pot and feel the heat coming off the wax onto my face and I can tell if the wax is too hot to pour.  And it works like a charm every time for me.  I really love this wax and when I find a great fragrance, boy that wax can sure put out a beautiful candle.  And htp's were my choice wick for the c3.

464 I like how easy it is to work with and I always get smooth as glass tops in 1 pour as long as I pour anywhere from 132 to 142 give or take. It's more forgiven than c3.  But lets face it, any wax has its quirks and you just have to test and test and find out what works best for you. I've tried all the factories suggestions about temperature pouring and nada... I don't heat my jars, don't put the jars in the oven to keep them warm, I don't put boxes over the candles. I don't worry about frostings either...I just embrace it and know it's a natural characteristic trait of soy. I don't color my candles any more either..  Now if I did, the frosting would bother me.   Even wet spots, when they do occur don't bother me.   You work long enough with 1 wax, it's like a marriage, you give and take and learn the ropes of what works best.   :) 

Trappeur

Thanks Trapp! It so true..candle making is like a marriage..you have to work at it! I miss all of your picture's you used to post..should go look them up on here or at BC forum..I haven't been there in a while..I tried to get back into it over there but it seem's so dead. :( I really miss it! I still have a tad bit of your Autumn Spice melts that you made me in the jar too! Not going to melt them either..they are too cute! 

Kimmer

Belinda you are so... lucky being that close.  I did order the Leather and Lace.  My order comes in tomorrow.  I am excited to get some of these oils in wax.  I just sent out my first two orders of melts (first paying customers). For years I have gifted my melts and wickless candles to friends and family but people told me that I should start selling them, so I am going to give it a try.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if my pocket book would agree that I'm lucky living so close LOL! I actually live closer to Day Star. Stacy's son goes to the school that I work at and when I need an oil from her she brings it by the office. I'm also about an hour and a half from BCS but I've never been to their showroom. Houston Candle Supply is even closer to me than BCS but they don't have many oils to choose from (thank goodness! lol!)

Congratulations on your first paying customer! I hope you do well with your new venture!

• Like 2