What is this discoloration at the bottom of the wax

I haved been gettting this irregular area at the bottom of my glasses. I was wondering if it has anything to do with that the bottom is much thicker than the walls?? Or if any of you know what other idea it is. Instead of the creamy wax, it looks more translucent.

Thank you!

post-10866-0-12561000-1405803790_thumb.j

To me, it looks like the wax has pulled away from the jar only at the bottom,  instead of small, separate spots. If that is what's happening, maybe try wiping the jar out before pouring into it. Could have something to do with the thickness of the base, if it is pull away spots.

Edited by ChandlerWicks
  • Like 1

I zoomed in and to me it is not  a discoloration, it is a pull away.  Never saw that at the bottom only before, but that is what it looks like.  Some spots on the right side of the image that don't appear to be jpg artifacts, so I think I am in agreement with the above on the shrinkage.  There is a glass distortion that, to me, is a giveaway.  If it was a color shift, I would not expect to see the glass distortion.

That makes sense. That bottom of the glass is extra thick. How can that retain the heat at the same temperature as the sides of the glass?? I tried putting it in the oven at 150 degrees, but it happened again. Is this bottom cooling too fast? Any other suggestions??