Clarus 3020 and 3022 users

I use 2 sizes of glass containers... I use the 11 oz Libbey Rocks glass with a thick bottom, and the 8 oz square Mason jar.

I use 9% FO and no dye no additives.

I have been working with the 3022 (70 soy 30 paraffin) and I am having a very very hard time trying to get it to get a FMP until it gets down to the last 1/4 of the jar. Using a CD18. The CD 20 got the glass too hot. I have LX, Cotton Core, RRD and Zinc wicks left to work with.

Also..since Im getting so frustrated, I started working with the 3020 (70 paraffin and 30 soy). I was thinking it would be easier to wick. I havent burned any yet, but I was wondering if there was a good starting point of wicks when using this wax. I used to use both of these waxs several years ago. I only used the 7 or 8 oz Crisa jar, and would use a LX 20. It seemed to work (other than mushrooms). So fast forward, I decided I wanted a different glass and I have been having so many problems. Any help would be appreciated, on how to get a FMP near the top and clean the sides all the way down with either of these waxes. Thank you :)

I use the 3022 and have about the same problem. I find that the cd or cdn 18 wick work best on light fragrances and the 20 works on the heavy bakery fragrances. I'm thinking that Clarus has added more coconut oil to the present formulation for improved throw but it has really changed the adhesion qualities of the wax. You could add a little soy to the mix and see if that helps with the mp using an 18 cd or cdn. Clarus has changed their formulation and it is not the wax it used to be IMHO. HTH

Steve

Hmmm. Maybe that could be why I am having such a hard time. Im thinking of changing waxes completely.  I was talking to Southwest Candle and I really do like this company. I am interested in their 5900 (30 soy 70 paraffin) and their 8515 (85 paraffin 15 soy). Have you ever tried that wax, or is there a wax you use that you favor at this point? thank u :)

Thank you for your interest in Clarus products.  So there is no confusion...

3022 does not contain coconut oil & the formula has remained the same.  It is likely any changes in characteristics are due to the variability of the soy components.  The remaining components are very consistent. 

Hey Brad, sorry for that misinformation concerning the wax. I knew we had discussed another wax that had coconut oil and thought you had mentioned the 3022 contained it as well. I use a 16 oz and a 12 oz salsa jar, which are washed and dried and heated before pouring. My mix is usually 6% to 8% fo load, depending on the type or strength and then the jars are placed in a cooling box and left overnight. Usually I would get great adhesion on almost all the jars but now only a few manage to adhere to the jar wall. The ct/ht is great for most fos and with all things said and done and nearly every wax tested; this is the best wax for me. Again, sorry for the misinformation and thanks for clearing that issue up. I'm hoping to re-start my business this fall and continue using Clarus wax.

Steve

Steve,

No problem!  i know the numbers get confusing and a lot of time has passed since we discussed that product.  I have been working on other things for quite a long time and have neglected to check back here in a while.

Glad the wax is working well for you.  We continue to break sales records with 3022 - by far our most popular candle product.  If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Regards,

Brad

• 2 months later...