Sample/test bottle reduction is almost complete!

Those who know me, know that I LOVE to try new scents. 700-ish are logged thus far. That said, I am NOT a fan of having a collection of sample bottles hanging around that have either A-never touched wax or B-that I know I am not going to use but just keep. I am very type A and a bit obsessive. I am edgy if I know that I have oil that I have not tested. I am only content once they have been in wax. Like everyone else, once they have made it through testing, I have pound sizes bottles for regular use. My line is a nice size for now (will have 65-ish scents once new Fall scents are added) so my need to add and try has slowed.

So, I thought this would amuse a few of you. Those of you with awesome, organized collections of samples may be made nervous by my pic! Please do not see me as in need and send me any FO's or stage an intervention. haha!

What is pictured are the ONLY sample bottles of oil that I own! 20 bottles. I have given away several Regional Rate A boxes full that I knew I would not use but that others would. These pictured have now all been in wax. They are either in test now (those on the left), those that are in final go/no-go phase of testing or I am keeping only to be blended in with body lotion for my own use. I feel very accomplished and where else would posting this even make any sense to anyone? HA! Thanks for letting me share!

64e76e6a-cb88-4c76-a8fc-c796b0b7220b_zps

Edited by justajesuschick
  • Like 2

Hee, hee.....JAJC.....WE are the ones who need YOUR intervention....all those sample bottles setting in our cupboards, in the closet collecting dust and getting old...... feeling we can't part with them... :laugh2:

• Like 2

Karen,

PLEASE send me some of your type A personality! I beg you! LOL!

I have TONS of sample bottles that are just sitting there waiting on their fate, whether to be put in wax or given away or even sold if I could ever make myself get on here and post them in the classes LOL! I just gave two Wal-Mart bags full of sample bottles to a young widow friend who does wax for herself and friends and they were so full I thought they were going to bust!

You know honestly my disorganization is the only thing that has kept me from doing a website so far! I'm thinking of contacting two web hosts today to see what I need to do so please send me some Type A quick!

Oh this thread is making me laugh! I too need a super boost of your type A, Karen!  I get anxious just looking at the stash of 1 oz'ers I have.  I have the best intentions of sorting, organizing, getting them in wax, then my day job gets in the way!!  (I think you should start a support group for 1 oz'er stashers, I would be the first to sign up!)

• Like 2