What kind of displays do you use?

Vicky_CO

This is a monthly series. One of the Mods will post a business question. That question will be stuck to the top of this forum for 1 month.

What kind of displays do you use?

Pictures would be great also where do you get displays. Do you make your own?

• Like 1

My camera is on the blitz so I don't have pics.

I do a lot of craft shows and markets so I use those standard portable 6' tables to display my products. For candles I use risers as I like each row to be higher so you can really see each candle. Also, it keeps the display at eye level which is important. I hate displays where everything is flat on the table. So boring.

I live on the East coast and got my risers from Gerschal Brothers online. They have a store in Philly, PA and an online store. The specialize in selling all kinds of store displays. The displays I got were cheap cardboard. But they are super sturdy and can hold 4 rows of candles in all sizes including huge 26oz candles. I take the time to cover the risers in contact paper from the dollar store. The paper makes the risers look like real wood risers. They weigh light because they are cardboard and fold down to flat for easy packing and storage. Can't do that with real wood risers.

For my soaps I went to Michaels craft store and bought a bunch of pretty boxes in assorted sizes large enough to hold anywhere from 2-4 rows of soap each. I nested the inside of the boxes with some pretty sheer colored fabric and made my own dividers. Customers are always asking where I got my beautiful soap boxes. I also like that they have lids so when its time to close up for the day I just flip the lid closed. Packup is a breeze. They have boxes as big as small suitcases and as small as a large fat book. Many are fabric covered cardboard and some are metal like big lunch boxes the size of suitcases. They are beautiful. So glad I checked out Michaels.

I also have a few assorted wicker and rattan tray baskets that I also use for holding soap. Lately I have been using these for my summer salt bars and shaving soaps. I got the wood trays at Big Lots.

I got a long composite wood plankboard from Lowes and 2 large square plastic baskets from the dollar store to make a display shelf for my table. That way I have a long shelf on my table. I cover the table with a tablecloth and the shelfboard with a matching fabric and put the soap trays and boxes on the table on and the shelf.

I am always on the lookout for display items at local thrift stores, Big Lots, Target, dollar stores, etc. You can find a lot for cheap.

I try to keep my branding visible to my customers. So I have all my biz cards, table signs, tent sign, and labels with my logo and colors. I also purchased tablecloths for my table set up in the colors of my logo design so everything matches.

• Like 1

I have bought and made displays. The cardboard steps are great I used them a lot. I also love the hinged shelf

I have a few folding displays from here http://www.specwood.com/shelves.htm

I also love to have a few of the interlocking wire rack I use to get them in the bathroom section of Walmart.

Wooden crates are great you can nail 1x1 wood stock in them use thin plywood to make shelves in them. You can stack them quite high. Wood crates can be used it all sorts of way plus you can carry product in them.

• Like 1

Just checked out specwood. What a fantastic arrange of displays.  Hopefully they ship to Australia.  I have been using wooden boxes which my friend made for me and then I painted with Brazil wall nut stain.  I have created a layered window type display.  Still work in progress but it's does the job for now.  I would however like to incorporate some sort of stand for the side of my trestle table.  Just need to make sure everything will fit on my car.

I don't have time to upload the pics onto the server but if you click on my FB page link below and go to photos you will see in the pics earlier some with the wooden boxes.  There are several pics in their original state (pine) until I painted them with the stain.  They look much better stained.  

https://www.facebook.com/DragonflyStarDesigns?fref=ts

Thanks for the specwood link Vicky! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My husband made me my candle displays years ago, before I ever started making soaps, but they still work great for both candles and soaps. I dont' have pictures of the displays themselves on my computer here at work, but I do have a pic of the last market I went too. 

My displays are tiered steps, kept stable with magnets. You can kind of see them here. 

I sell my soaps naked, but always include an ingredients list with each soap I sell. 

The display is an easy up/easy down type of set up, and I have received several compliments on it, so hopefully it does look as nice as most people say. 

This isn't the best pic of my display, but the best one I have. :)

post-200-0-51040400-1406843114_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

After being disappointed with tables and various table top displays, i built custom.

Two 6 foot tall 5 foot wide wooden displays hold a ton of product at varying heights yet break down to take very little space in the transport vehicle.

At my summer faire i have two set up matching, plus similarly designed ones outside.

post-7851-0-04505300-1407329286_thumb.jp

post-7851-0-94506400-1407329295_thumb.jp

• Like 5

After being disappointed with tables and various table top displays, i built custom.

Two 6 foot tall 5 foot wide wooden displays hold a ton of product at varying heights yet break down to take very little space in the transport vehicle.

At my summer faire i have two set up matching, plus similarly designed ones outside.

Your display is AMAZING!

• Like 2

My display depends on where I'm setting up. I usually a small 4 foot table  and either a few crates or a small trunk, as I don't have a lot of scents in my core collection. Sometimes I use whatever tables or props the location that I am setting up has for me to use. Here are a few pictures...

10306646_860544863961537_67808102440644810352340_894898907192799_2857772553516731912506_818985178117506_905705177_n.jpg

• Like 6

Great displays. I am always looking for better ones.  Right now, I just use tables and various items I've found at the dollar store to  display things.

TallTayl:  Those are EXACTLY  what I have in my brain that I want for my displays! I'm so jealous!  They are awesome!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I like using the modular mesh shelving for elevating my items and giving my display depth. They're also great as free standing racks too and because they're collapsible it's easy to move them around or modify them to fit the tenting space. I found mine for pretty cheap; 9 cubes for around $40.

30201.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I'll be the odd ball here.  I don't have beautiful displays like everyone has and my setup is not all neatly organized either....it's sort of a mixup.  I bring furniture pieces and accessories from my house to place here and there for a visual.  Actually it is a real pain in the u know what to drag all these things out and load up in a vehicle or 2.  My husband was great at packing and I couldn't have done it without him to be quite honest.  Oh, I miss him so much now that he isn't here anymore but in heaven from 2 years ago.....

Now here is my furniture I brought with my little Bonnie always at my side....God forbid if I leave her behind.

CIMG3459_2.jpg

I usually drape burlap on my table and then bring odd pieces of fabric like this lodge looking fabric and lay across the table.  The antique  white cabinet I found at an antique shop with the hopes of putting in my house somewhere but still hasn't made it anywhere but to the shows I did.

CIMG3479.jpg

Another view

CIMG3488.jpg

Taking a break to hug my little Bonnie

CIMG3516_1.jpg[/

URL]

My husband and I

CIMG7028_1.jpg

Now this is a show my sister and I did in Maine.

CIMG3193_1.jpg

Another view

CIMG3212_1.jpg

Another view

CIMG3203_1.jpg

Another view

CIMG3199%201.jpg

Grunged Candles

CIMG3196_1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Trappeur

• Like 6