Duplication Services

rctfavr3

Hey gang,

In hopes of having this "Stickied" at the benefit for others; I thought it be a good idea to list FO companies that offer fragrance duplication services. Would anyone care to contribute?

Please include:

Company Name

Target size needed (usually an oz)

Fees/Purchase requirements

turn around Time

I'll try and get a list together in the next couple of days. If you have a favorite supplier that offers this service please add them below. Myself and others greatly appreciate it! Thank you.

Save on Scents

(at their approval)

1 ounce (2-ounce non-fragrance oil)

~$30 fee/no minimum size

3 weeks

Gemlite Soap and Candle

1 ounce (2 ounce for perfumes)

no fees + min purchase 3 lbs

4 weeks

One Stop Candle

0.5 oz or better

no fees + min purchase 2 lbs

3 weeks

the Fragrance Shop

(at their approval)

0.5 oz or better

$60 fee

2 weeks

MORE TO COME...

Edited by rctfavr3

Thanks Moonshine! Is FB duping non-Moonworks oils? If so, that's a great deal. No minimum purchase!?

No they won't just dupe anything. I asked for a Lush dupe that they might consider doing depending on how much I was willing to buy of it. 

You'd have to check with Peak, but probably longer than a few years ago I was in search of some fragrances and if I sent them some samples they said they'd take a look into seeing about a dupe ... however, what they went in search for had to meet their criteria and I don't think they found something that lived up to what I sent. 

This manufacturer will make duplicatons, here is the contact information:

Aromatic Fragrances International
85 Wansley Drive
Cartersville, GA 30121

Phone: (770) 334-3906
Fax: (678) 623-0623
Online: www.afi-usa.com

i haven't purchased any of their fragrance oils, or used their duplication service. I'm pretty sure this is who Fragrance Buddy uses. I have called them and asked about their bulk oils, but 10 lbs of each FO is a little much for my needs at this time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a small bottle (nowhere near an ounce so not enough to send off) of something with a gunpowder note to it that I loooooove.  The company it came from no longer makes it or I'd just keep getting it there.  Guess I'm out of luck.  :(

• 2 weeks later...

I have a small bottle (nowhere near an ounce so not enough to send off) of something with a gunpowder note to it that I loooooove.  The company it came from no longer makes it or I'd just keep getting it there.  Guess I'm out of luck.  :(

Depending upon on how much you have; presumably a dram? You might can add IPM or DPG to that amount upto a "half-ounce" and have that sent off for formulation. You would have to let them know you added X amount of "IPM or DPG" so they know to filter this out during analysis and later compounding. Though with the limited amount you do have, your best bet would be to contact a manufacturer directly and talk to them about their replication process. I would recommend IPM, if using a perfume oil or body spray and DPG if using a straight soap/candle FO.

Depending upon on how much you have; presumably a dram? You might can add IPM or DPG to that amount upto a "half-ounce" and have that sent off for formulation. You would have to let them know you added X amount of "IPM or DPG" so they know to filter this out during analysis and later compounding. Though with the limited amount you do have, your best bet would be to contact a manufacturer directly and talk to them about their replication process. I would recommend IPM, if using a perfume oil or body spray and DPG if using a straight soap/candle FO.

What is IPM and DPG?