Just rcv'd 2nd order from CMS...

Turtle Wax

I tested 15 fragrances about 2 years ago. I thought they were just alright. None of them stood out to me as must haves, so I never reordered. But as always, everything is subjective. I know there have been good reviews of CMS fos on this forum.

Sorry I was still asleep this morning when I saw CMS and asked if you meant Candlemaker's Store. I did not see that you had that spelled out in the post.

Same is true for me as ktaggard. 

I have placed 2 orders with them and have just a couple that I would buy again.

Their theory on NOT describing scents makes no sense (pun intended) to me and makes it not appealing to order.

• Like 1

Ok. First, let me say that I do make sense of how they do business (realizing it puts me in the minority), and I do love their FO selections and pricing. However, having ordered 2 batches of a dozen FO's each, I've yet to be wow'd. OOB, they all seem to have a "sweet tart" smell to me. The first two I made into votives- Blueberry Cobbler and Blueberry Streusel- initially smelled like kerosene in hot wax (IGI 4625) and for the first few days after. They did improve with curing, but alas they still didn't smell anything like blueberry; more like sweet maple syrup.

I'm going to move on to the others and will keep an open mind, and report back.

They will likely remain my wax vendor. Their staff is very helpful and personable.

I really don't want a dozen FO vendors, so is there any favorites you all would recommend?

I have used quite a few of theirs with great results, but keep in mind I use multiple oils as my scents are mostly blends. I have ordered some of their samples recently that had very non descript names like Celestial and Dreamweaver. Not impressed at all. 

I've ordered a couple from The Flaming Candle and liked them. I can't remember which except tobacco caramel. I was just looking at their ebay store today and they had a couple that I would like to try! From what I remember, customer service was good!

• Like 2