Does anyone still use NG's Joy wax?

I've read and re-read the older threads, but nothing new in years.

Anyone still with Joywax? 

I am making candles for personal use, and although I adore the way it looks and pours, the HT is inconsistent. I know I am one of the variables, but having only tested one wax, I don't know what's reasonable to expect.

I was addicted to Tyler candles before I decided to make my own, and my HT definitely isn't knocking me over the way theirs does.

Thanks!

I noticed that also, and because of its inconsistency I quit using it. Also, it is a proprietary wax, and let's just say that I've been burned by a proprietary wax experience, lol  Soooo, no more PW for me! 

I now stick with the IGI paraffin waxes. 

I am new to candle making, started last fall with GB 464 and Joy Wax. I decided to go with Joy Wax over the 464 because they always came out  with really nice tops and stayed a creamy white.  I don't plan to color my candles and the 464 after burning, turned a tannish color a lot of the time. I am getting very good HT using only the fragrances that are known to throw.  I have 7 fragrances tested now in tins that have excellent hot and cold throw.  I used the guide at the top of this thread for fragrance oils and have stuck with getting only those.

Thanks Lauralea! I think I make testing harder on myself because I make these mad scientist concoctions. I don't seem to be able to try just one oil. So if it doesn't throw, I don't know if it's something I did or one of the 5-10 oils I blended. :)

You mean the FO's in soy thread that's pinned? I need to look through it again. I think I have almost every NG fragrance made. Do you buy from other FO suppliers as well or stick with NG?

I agree-I'd love to stick with the wax because it's gorgeous! (I don't color either.)

Edited by sidlesup

And thank you for your input Ravens!

I've been eyeing the IGI 6006, but I want to stick with a mostly soy blend. Because...I don't know. I have it in my head for some reason. :)

Edited by sidlesup

Yes, I use the FO guide that is pinned at the top of the thread.  These are the fo's I have tested that throw well.  Vanilla Hazelnut from Peaks.  Moonlight Path from Peaks.  Carribean from NG.  Coco Mango from NG. Butt Naked from NG. Coconut Cabana from NG.

I've been experimenting with CDs, zincs and HTPs. I also have hemp wicks, but I overwicked a tester so much it scared me away from them for a while.

I seem to have the best luck with zincs so far. I have trouble getting CDs, even when they cool correctly centered, wanting to slide around in the wax a little. That may also be a symptom of my general trend towards overwicking, no matter how much I comb this forum and check the tables. Need to work on that.