Facebook

I started with a FB page, sold some there, moved to an etsy shop and added a FB group page. Do you already know this? Sorry if so and I am telling you something you already know!

I may be absolutely incorrect but it seems to me that most here have physical stores, sell at festival/markets and to wholesale accounts.

I have a facebook page for each of my businesses.  I don't really sell on there but I do get some business that way. I sell mainly through Etsy so that's where I send people on facebook.  If they don't want to use Etsy, they tell me what they want to order and I send the a paypal invoice.

I have a Facebook business page as well as a group page. I post on both to promote new items and seasonal things throughout the year. I have a website that I do all my business through. I do sell at shows but mostly in the fall/holiday season.

In my opinion, you should have your own e-shop, and FB use for advertisement. Also good place to show others your products is ebay. Of course, there you have to pay commission, but it's worth to be there.

Maybe, the most important is to have very, very... good quality photo. This is the first step to sell via Internet

Sorry for my language   *shudder*

I have a fb business page and a group page also, but am finding it hard to do anything on. There are ton's of wax  vendors it seems like and the fb wax world seems to already have all of their favorite...craft fairs is my primary selling base but during the summer I don't ever set up due to the heat so was looking for a different ave. to sell through the summer months

your local flea market or farmers market is a great place to sell in the warm months,I sell a ton of tarts a week there.We have electric and use a fan to keep cool,you meet alot of people that are so nice and I pick up sales from visitors out of state orders.

I have a fb business page and a group page also, but am finding it hard to do anything on. There are ton's of wax  vendors it seems like and the fb wax world seems to already have all of their favorite...craft fairs is my primary selling base but during the summer I don't ever set up due to the heat so was looking for a different ave. to sell through the summer months

This industry is most definitely oversaturated, no matter how superb your melts or candles are, just the reality.  I agree with Country Bee - I'd focus more on the local aspect & think outside the box.  All the very best to you! 

Edited by marcuset

• 1 month later...

I sell on FB.. actually my FB page does a great job sending traffic to my website for sales.   I had thought of opening an Etsy.. but the fees looks astronomical.  More than my budget can afford... 

If you are open to sharing who you use for your hosting platform, I'd LOVE to hear about it. I compared Weebly, Volusion and Big Commerce and all were more expensive than the fees I pay on Etsy. I know that there are many sites that are $15-ish a month but then cart would be extra, of course Paypal and credit card fees are extra, no matter the platform. I want transactional emails, tagging/keywords, analytics, my customer's mailing information pulled in for printing labels and more. I want everything I get with etsy (all that I just mentioned) but I want a drop down for scent choice for my customers. That is the only thing that I do not get with etsy.

I'd LOVE to know about your website and also your company name since if we both are in the wild online wax world, I'll bet we know each other already!!