Who has the best ...

Guest OldGlory

Guest OldGlory

Gardenia

Rose

Lavender

Lemon

A potential client is wanting samples of these. It is not my normal business practice to look for a fragrance for a client but I like this store so I am willing to entertain the idea of searching for new FOs for them. They love Kringle scents in the above.

Speaking of which, did you all know that Kringle is owned by the son of the Yankme founder, and the Yankme founder is working for him now. He sold Yankme years ago and their rep (for Kringle) trashes Yankme now. Kinda ticks me off - sell your business, start a new one to compete against the old one, and then trash it. Seems like a lack of ethics to me - but maybe I'm just old fashioned.

Well then I might be old fashioned too because I wholeheartedly agree with you!  Sorry I cannot help much with the scents though.  I have not smelled any of the Kringle brand.  I do know I love BCN's Lemon Pucker and although I hate any kind of Lavender, BCNs Lavender is really strong.  

I have only tried CS gardenia and for a floral I really like it

CS lavender is the only true lavender I have found IMO that is like the EO

Rose I have tried a few and like elements sensuous black rose

The only lemon I ever tried was CW and in melts only so I am not sure how it would perform in a candle but no fuel smell at all in melts it was a true lemon without floor cleaner smell

I can agree with CandleScience and Lavender.  Of the ones I have tried, that is the closest to my nose to essential oil.

As for rose, I like the CandleScience Golden Rose.  Most roses are slap you in the face!!  This one is pleasant and rosey without the slap. 

Lemon......please!!  help me on that one!  I haven't found that "one" yet....still looking though

Guest OldGlory

Hmmm, I have tried several from CandleScience and have been happy with them. Thank you for your input.

At Christmas time I was being asked about Gardenia. A few months later, a lady at church asked if I had a gardenia lotion. I told her I would make her some - I did have some FO in gardenia. I made about 6 bottles. She took three of them and in the matter of 2 days the other three had been bought. I made another batch of six. Gone in a week or two. I put a few in the store - my wholesale account store here in town. They were gone within a day or two.

I guess what I am trying to say - is I think there is a resurgance of popularity on these classic florals. Lavender is selling really well too - but it always has for me.

I use the gardenia from MMS - true scent without being overly heady.

I like the soothing lavender from the candle source - it is the bedtime version that has been softened with chamomile. So not the e.o. type scent.

Lemon sugar from re/ah is super strong, but very sweet. I love Avobath from fragrance buddy, very nice lemony scent - but just testing it now - not sure how it will hold up - but I'm in love with the ct.

Guest OldGlory

Thank you ktaggard! Seems everyone had a different favorite, lol.

I confess that I loathe Gardenia anything. There aren't many FOs that really bother me, but Gardenia, Cool Water, anything with really sharp notes I don't care for. Makes it hard to be subjective.